Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Yeah after 5 mins of same-y cliche ridden grey crap i stopped watching. So we've established that the map and environment is shit too. Next.

Anybody know what the map size in Stalker CoP was? That seemed larger (and much more interesting). Also it puts W3s performance, open world wise, in perspective, they did a stellar job (well at least compared to this abomination).

In Fallout 4 the world is DENSE, in witcher 3 the world is mostly empty with forests and swamps.

Lemming42

Arcane
It doesn't look dense. It looks mostly like trees with the occasional random person shooting at you.

I know you can't get a remotely fair picture by just walking in a straight line across the map, but that was pretty terrible looking. If you were to walk across Morrowind or New Vegas, or even Fallout 3 and Skyrim, in a similar way to the video then you'd see visually distinct areas, lots of points of interest, etc.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Also if you want to be fair, he onyl traveled from one point to another not through whole map. Walking through the whole map square wise like he did would take over an hour.

In fallout 1 and 2 i can walk through the whole world map in 1 minute if you skip the encounters, does that prove anything ?

Lemming42

Arcane

For comparison.

Widlly misleading title aside, it offers a tedious hour and a half journey through some select areas of Vvardenfell, Skyrim and Cyrodiil. Just by skipping around within each game's section you can see different looking areas and stuff.

Kilus

Educated
Also if you want to be fair, he onyl traveled from one point to another not through whole map. Walking through the whole map square wise like he did would take over an hour.

More like just over half an hour.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
As I said, skip around within each game's own segment of the video to see the distinct areas that game offers. Maybe not Oblivion, which is all just fields. You can also see all sorts of towns, caves, NPCs etc.

Which i bet you will also see in f4, it's just this spanish leak that is making f4 look bad on purpose, like with the screenshots without shadows etc which were proven to be false as the graphics was much better on different screens.

Lemming42

Arcane
Which i bet you will also see in f4, it's just this spanish leak that is making f4 look bad on purpose, like with the screenshots without shadows etc which were proven to be false as the graphics was much better on different screens.

I'm sure there were a lot more flattering routes he could have chosen through the map but I'm not sure it's set up to make the game look bad on purpose. The game has done a good enough job of that on its own so far with amazing dialogue like STRONG NOT HURT HUMAN and exciting quests like "kill everyone in the tower".

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
He traveled half of the map or even less because you cannot see the line on the right side, this video is bullshit and proves nothing.

442RmsK.png

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
When he zooms out, you STILL cannot see the line on the right side

9kISpxj.png

Kilus

Educated
do the math, he didn't even walk from one end to other end fully, so add about 5 more minutes. Now 4x16 =64 minutes.

He goes until "no puedes ir en direccion" pops up. Google translated into "You can not go in the direction". Invisible wall on the bottom of the map. To the right is pointless water. But okay even if I give you 16 minutes it still isn't over an hour to travel the square. Learn the god damn pythagorean theorem. Puts it just over 45 minutes.

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Don't forget Fallout has vaults dungeons and metro tunnels. Plenty of the game takes place underground which you cannot see on the map.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom