Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review RPG Codex Review: Darth Roxor on Disappointment, thy name is Pillars of Eternity

Copper

Savant
Guess its mostly maritime trading?

Except for the harbour filled with so many boardwalks the cranes are nowhere near the ships - not to mention two sunken ships and ruined buildings, and an obvious navigation hazard with that Adra wall. Plus you'd be lucky to squeeze a canoe through the bridge supports blocking off both river mouths.

:mrfussy:

Lhynn

Arcane
Guess its mostly maritime trading?

Except for the harbour filled with so many boardwalks the cranes are nowhere near the ships - not to mention two sunken ships and ruined buildings, and an obvious navigation hazard with that Adra wall. Plus you'd be lucky to squeeze a canoe through the bridge supports blocking off both river mouths.

:mrfussy:
Maybe theres another port? i doubt thats ALL of defiance bay, just the most relevant parts. Its a guess tho.

Copper

Savant
Seriously, what a shit reward tier those turned out to be for everyone - at least I get to roleplay someone with a genuine revulsion to godlikes.

Crescent Hawk

Cipher
I agree with this review but I still love the game, I think there is something wrong with me.

I disagree. Being able to like something despite its flaws isn't a bad thing. Being able to see the merit in a review which derides something you enjoy is a good thing too.

You are wrong. Liking or even reading this "review" automatically makes you a retard. Sorry Crescent Hawk

Hey come on it does not mean I agree with everything, overall the game is pretty great, I just expected a much more interesting setting from Obsidian. And Paladins are complete utter crap, hence my initial, anger, Iam okay with the game and the world now.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I agree with this review but I still love the game, I think there is something wrong with me.

I disagree. Being able to like something despite its flaws isn't a bad thing. Being able to see the merit in a review which derides something you enjoy is a good thing too.

You are wrong. Liking or even reading this "review" automatically makes you a retard. Sorry Crescent Hawk

Hey come on it does not mean I agree with everything, overall the game is pretty great, I just expected a much more interesting setting from Obsidian. And Paladins are complete utter crap, hence my initial, anger, Iam okay with the game and the world now.
Nothing to worry about. Being called retarded by a trolling
fanboy.png
only shows that you are right.

I like the game too. As Roxor says it's not a bad game, it just doesn't deliver as promised. I'd say if someone hasn't played any IE game, he could develop an interest in them via PoE and it would only get better for him after finishing it. Not that PoE is bad, it's just that any IE game (produced at least 12 years earlier) is better than it in at least one important aspect.

Last edited:

Redlands

Arcane
Prestigious review mentioned elsewhere.

Fucking Corwin getting butthurt about someone else's opinion is kind of funny. Even if I was an Obsidian fan and/or loved the game (haven't played it yet), reviews aren't there to keep studios alive that the reviewer likes, regardless of game quality. At least, that's the principle; we all know it's different in practice.

Personally, I think the guy needs some kind of punishment, like getting Watchwitzed.

:troll:

ZagorTeNej

Arcane
There are several roads to Defiance Bay and that's how the refugees arrive. I'll treat you like the low-attention span kid that your generation produced by the dozen and only take into account the few ones that you mentioned.

Madhmr Bridge broke like 2 days ago, Caed Nua's barbican fell last month and the floods happened last moon. As for Searing Falls, refugees are not cowards like you and they can get past the dragons while the beasts are sleeping. You are so retard (a Brazilian communist) that you forgot the routs by sea!

This is the level of Obsyhaters, ladies and gentlemen. Can we say <100 IQ?

#PrendeDilmaVez

Maybe all the drakes and xaurips retreat into that big cave when it's nappy time? Otherwise you wouldn't be able to go few feet in Searing Falls without stepping on one, must be some nimble refugees (maybe they put all their points in stealth?).

Unwanted

Hatred

Unwanted

ROARRR

Savant
Possibly Retarded
It's not really Unity (well, it kind of is) but the way they built characters is really taxing on the CPU. Since each character is made up of lots of different parts, I think the renderer eats way more CPU time trying to process them. I'm not exactly sure why but when I talked to Roby Atadero (one of their programmers) about the issue he just said that it's Unity's renderer that eats up the majority of the CPU time (and that's code they don't have access to).

I don't know whether this situation could have been avoided or not, but it's an issue they should probably re-visit during the pre-production of their sequel.

That is interesting, because I have no performance issue with the game other than the quicksave.
Saving takes a lot of time, I wonder what kind of database and algorithm(Container) they use...
Could it be that your PC is old and rusty?! If so the solution is easy: GET A NEW ONE :troll:

ROARRR

Savant
Possibly Retarded
Zorba the Hutt You mean people like this ?
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2400810

I'm almost 70 years old and I am wondering how many others out there are enjoying retirement by playing Skyrim. I abosolutely love Skyrim! I am at level 30, have killed at least for dragons and am a student of magic at Winterhold. I have a totally furnished home in Solitude too.

"A true gamer to the bitter end" will be written on his gravestone. :kwafuckyeah:

Crescent Hawk

Cipher
Despite its faults I cant really seem to go back to the old IE games, I think PoE is a great base to build one, love the look, animations,combat can create great moments, I just expected more from Obsidian, I guess they were fearful of screwing the game up, maybe they were really hanging on by a single wire.

I hope they can create a good cash cow with AW and deliver the promised turn based game.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
That is interesting, because I have no performance issue with the game other than the quicksave.
Saving takes a lot of time, I wonder what kind of database and algorithm(Container) they use...
Could it be that your PC is old and rusty?! If so the solution is easy: GET A NEW ONE

You will have worse performance in Copperlane than other areas. I have an i7 4790k, 16GB RAM and a HD7970 and I get less than 60 FPS in the area - that's woeful performance.

I recently upgraded from an i7 870 1156 system and on that system I was getting less than 30 FPS in the area, which is horrible.

mastroego

Arcane
Despite its faults I cant really seem to go back to the old IE games, I think PoE is a great base to build one, love the look, animations,combat can create great moments, I just expected more from Obsidian, I guess they were fearful of screwing the game up, maybe they were really hanging on by a single wire.

I hope they can create a good cash cow with AW and deliver the promised turn based game.

No, they'll go even more mainstream, since the strategy worked.
They won't need nostalgia, kickstarting money anymore, old farts have served their purpose. :smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom