Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

PoE Bug Reports Thread

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Endless Paths level 13 is currently impossible to complete due to an interactable object (as described by game guides) being non-interactable in the release version.

There is something that causes modal abilities to bug out after a while. No further information yet, but sometimes the modal gets disabled while still showing as enabled.

Equipping anything with the "Unconquerable" effect permanantly bugs out Cipher Focus gains without any known fix.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I am unable to disable Reckless Assault on my Rogue. I assume it is supposed to be a modal ability, but it works constantly, like a passive.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Whoops:

bonus from toggleable skills/boosts/etc remains permanent after save/load

A way to reproduce the problem - get my savegame:

https://www.dropbox....e.savegame?dl=0

(the warrior - check his nutty defence stats - should be half of that -.-)

Turn "defender" off, save the game, turn it on again - see that he have more defs now

I think this is the root of the many alike problems - stat modifiers that should be temporary go permanent :|

That explains how some NPCs get 10000 Might or ten times more max endurance than they should have. Possibly explains the modal issues as well. Or why the game feels so easy on Hard mode.

Last edited:

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Whoops:

bonus from toggleable skills/boosts/etc remains permanent after save/load

A way to reproduce the problem - get my savegame:

https://www.dropbox....e.savegame?dl=0

(the warrior - check his nutty defence stats - should be half of that -.-)

Turn "defender" off, save the game, turn it on again - see that he have more defs now

I think this is the root of the many alike problems - stat modifiers that should be temporary go permanent :|

That explains how some NPCs get 10000 Might or ten times more max endurance than they should have. Possibly explains the modal issues as well. Or why the game feels so easy on Hard mode.

Any idea if there's workaround on that and the vanishing passives bugs?

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
No dev posts or known workarounds for any of the permanant stat change issues yet.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
The save game stacking bug in action:

ziYLele.jpg

edit: for context, the problem is that disabling reckless assault only removes one of these effects, and re-enabling it adds one again, so it's permanently active

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
There's a bit of an inventory bug as well:

After dismissing all my companions and chatting with them in the keep, I grouped them back up and headed out. Three autosave later I need to open my inventory.... every item in each companions inventory is missing, even their quick slot items.

Each person was carrying certain things....
Every potion on Durance.
Every unique weapon on Eder.
Every scroll on Mother.
Every neck and ring on Sagani.
Every food and armour on Hiravias.
(Not -every- but ones I switched to for certain enemies etc.) (All their quick slot items are also gone.)

The other guy had exactly the same thing happen... but caught it in time. I've got no way to get anything back and im 30 hours deep.

I've filled each empty spot with tears.

Short description:
When dismissing a follower while on top floor of the inn inside your stronghold all non-equipped follower items are deleted permanently from the follower being dismissed.

Reproduction scenario:
Go to the top floor of the inn in your stronghold. Put items in the inventory slots of the follower you are removing from the party. Press H (to open the stronghold management page). Press the side tab marked "party management". Dismiss the follower from the party and press accept. Go back to party management. Put the follower back in the party and press accept. All non-equipped items that follower had are now gone forever.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Companions are randomly disappearing on intra-zone transitions:

I'm running through the "Never Far from the Queen" quest. In one room there's an Orlan hiding from the Knights. When I opened the door to transition into the room I noticed Aloth had disappeared from my party roster.

I created a new save and reloaded it. Didn't work. I loaded from a save I made in the beginning of the Catacombs and he's back in my party. Again, playing with the transition between the Catacombs and the Orlan fugitive room it appears that some of the time Aloth will disappear.

Oh well, no big loss. Only took 10 minutes to grind the catacombs, anyway. I'll load the old file and do it again.

Dropbox link to savegames, output log, system specs, and screenshots: https://www.dropbox....acombs.zip?dl=0

The save with Act 2, 9 days, 8 hours is with Aloth still in my party. The save with Act 2, 9 days, 13 hours is after Aloth goes missing.

LeJosh

Savant
Has anyone used "Rolling Flame" Wizard spell in a corridor? I think it was the catacombs but it was cast then it just went crazy with the animation everywhere but I really wasn't sure if it was supposed to bounce like that.

Wish I took a screenshot, damage applied on everything, it was transparent too. Strange anomaly glitch and 1 off hopefully but thought I would check.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
No dev responses to anything yet. It's a weekend, after all.

Here's one particularly unlucky fellow:

Started off ok, then had the companion "NameError" bug which replaced Eder, he remains at the inn. Then the same thing happened to my ranger's bear. Then I got the companions losing their voice bug after I dismissed and added them back to the party. Then I got a bug where I remained in combat after killing everything, needed to load a prior save. Then I got a bug where all my inventory items are permanently grayed out as if I'm in combat, right after the previous bug. Then I got a bug where one of my core party members went up thousands of stat points so I had to dismiss him. Now finally I have the bug where the game just crashes when I try to change location.

I've been to literally 5 locations... Seriously, who the hell QA tested this game? What a mess and a huge disappointment...

Self-Ejected

ZodoZ

Self-Ejected
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Wait What? $2.9 mil from backers (free money) + $40+ each copy and there are bugs?

Of course one never knows what kind of rig any particular user is running aside from the few who actually know how to update their graphic card bios, etc. I did also notice a bug or two or 3 and my rig runs many many other games flawlessly. Too soon to judge POE. Writing is very pompously dramatic and epic "sounding" with all this about souls and so on (a bit like Mask of the Betrayer). Wait though, the game was released on GoG. Have to give Obsidian some credit for that. I hope they build on this experience and bring it all together as a team and knock one out of the park in a few years.
Who else is carrying the torch ffs?

Shannow

Waster of Time
Yeah, inventory items being greyed out (but still usable).
Tutorial soundbug.
Eder additional talent bug.
Kana's 3rd weapon set shows up on Aloth (and I think Durance). Outside of the inventory. Never tried equipping it with them. Not tempting fate.
Had one or two instances were movement animations didn't play.
Kana stops chanting after using an invocation. The modal still shows as active but no phrases are being sung. "Fixed" by switching to another chant.
Beloved Spirits doesn't seem to work. Without it Kana regenerated 0.9 endurance. With it 0.7...
Stuff like Second Chance doesn't say what it actually does. (I learned from this thread. And yes I consider that and all the other missing information to be "bugs".)
After casting Iconic Projection the combat log will say that Durance hit enemies for 0.0 Duration. When mousing over it'll give the actual damage.
Many spells and abilities (like Ancient Memory and Holy Radiance) will say how many targets were affected, but there is no possibility to see the actual values.

Probably more that I can't remember right now. Fingers crossed that nothing more serious comes along. And that OE are quick to release patches.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Many spells and abilities (like Ancient Memory and Holy Radiance) will say how many targets were affected, but there is no possibility to see the actual values.

You can click on that line in the combat log to expand it.

Coyote

Arcane
Very minor, but I was playing a character from the Ixamitl Plains with the hunter background. This is what my biography said after the first conversation with Calisca: "You hail from the Ixamitl Plains, where you had lived a solitary life in the wilderness. No background selected." It appears to be linked to that specific conversation option (i.e. "No background selected" doesn't show up if you tell her that you were a fisherman, hunter/gatherer for your village, monster hunter, or that it's none of her business).

sser

Arcane
Developer
Some of these seem awfully gamebreaking. I'm assuming the glowing reviews missed them as they relate to actual gameplay.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Pre-launch reviews are generally encouraged to ignore bugs.

clemens

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2014 Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
The stonghold's inn won't offer any rest bonuses after being restored.

Ranger made me have to restart the game, as the pet disappears and you can't exit the area without it. Being lucky enough to get back to an inn and hire a replacement adventurer did not work, as I often had to do "party management" when loading, to remove the bugged ranger from my party (despite booting her out multiple areas ago) and eventually another character became corrupted, ending with 2 bugged characters.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
More reports of Endless Paths and Save/Load bugs:

Once I started delving into the Endless Paths, I started hitting the wall of bugs. I got the "ranger companion in terrain" bug, and since I couldn't dismiss the ranger outside my stronghold, I decided to kill her. Stripped her down and sent her into monsters. Problem solved.

However, after I moved to another level, a blank character square appeared in my party roster. The character was inside the terrain, and now I can't leave the area OR get it kill OR dismiss it.

I cleared Level 2 of the Endless Paths, created a new savegame and jumped down to lvl 5 and the [x]. That area already was completely bugged (not being able to select party members etc.). After i attacked the [x] and saw that i had no chance at the moment i loaded my savegame from Level 2. The Game then gave me a Party Selection including two blank characters called "*NameError*". Those are invisible and/or stuck in the Enviroment and i can't leave the area. Game's broken for me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom