Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls Discussion Thread

praetor

Arcane
yeah. even better would be to downgrade the occult club from anor londo to divine +5

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Shit, bros, I had some strange screwage of the Sunbro line.

I killed the centipede, went back to the Izalith shortcut (I had +2 chaos covenant rank) to collect the helm for Sunbro from the bugs, I killed 4 of them before the door, opened the door and found Sunbro there attacking me. What the hell?

:rage::what::butthurt::cmcc::nocountryforshitposters::killit::negative::negative::negative::whatho::fight::0/5::decline:

Gozma

Arcane
Not saving that dude is such a better ending of that story. Before he was an internet meme, he was an irrationally optimistic and driven lunatic that I kinda wanted to see go hollow like all the other NPCs with other personalities

Benhart would make Solaire his bitch. He is wrecking shit left and right with fucking fake sword and never ever goes hollow:smug:

praetor

Arcane
the "important" NPCs in DaS2 have metric shittons of health, 'cause they're somehow even stupider than DaS1 ones (and do pitiful damage, while we're at it), unlike the various Tarkuses, Jesters, Maneaters, Glencours etc (they still have metric shittons of health and are very stupid, but they at least can dish out some damage and survive the fight 9 times out of 10, if not solo it completely)...

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Well, I wanted to save Sunbro not to use him in final battle, I just wanted to save him for the sake of story, farmed Humanity to rank up the covenant. :negative:

Though I feel that I became stronger after I had to kill him, and now I'm not afraid of anything in this game! So I decided to go kick all the DLC bosses asses.
436E54A7FBC8630AFD98F07B3B10E66B128919C8

ARTORIAS U'R FUKIN NEXT:kwafuckyeah:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I think Artorias might be the only fight in the game I can actually beat "legitly". I sorta know all his moves and their tells. It's a very good fight.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Though I feel that I became stronger after I had to kill him, and now I'm not afraid of anything in this game! So I decided to go kick all the DLC bosses asses.

ARTORIAS U'R FUKIN NEXT

Go back to the sanctuary guardian's area again. :smug:
OK

meanwhile... it was hell of a fight, I got something about 15 attempts till I figured out all the thing going on in this battle
37C0590ABD87AC9FF46272E91C164EDE72222359

Gozma

Arcane
Is doing BoC normally even that bad? I feel like people blow it out of proportion. I even wish the right/left gold sphere things wouldn't stay dead when you die because I think it's pretty fun to do the whole fight in one go. For OHKO fights like that they should put a bonfire right outside the door so the boss run isn't so annoying, but other than that I thought it was probably better than Seath or Nito.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Is doing BoC normally even that bad?
Yes. I really can't understand thinking it better than seath or nito.

Seriously. The area is full of wonky hitboxes, one hit kill attacks and it's almost impossible to have the camera be in such a way that you can see the boss, its arms, and the floor at the same time. And the trek between boss and bonfire is long and completely uneventful. It's like all the worst bits of the game condensed into a single encounter.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Not to mention the method to actually kill the boss is pretty much totally trial and error. It's not like you can run up to the edge of the pit, look down to get an idea of where to jump off, then move to safety before trying the actual fall. There's barely any time to even look down at all before you get instakilled.

Gozma

Arcane
The boss run is shit, no question. Like I said, it should have had a bonfire directly in front of the boss fog for that kind of platformer puzzle thing with instadeaths.

Nito is like Pinwheel - he just doesn't have enough HP/armor, at least given how much lag his attacks have to let you empty your entire stamina bar into him every time he swings. Even with an SL1 game it doesn't feel like a real bossfight because he just dies. Seath is like Gaping Dragon, a basically helpless spectacle boss that AI loops itself into useless attacks almost automatically. The tail cut is annoying because you have to drag him back across the arena over and over so the cuttable part of his tail won't be clipping into the wall when you get to it.

If you stand behind the little trees in the BoC arena in the initial or second stage the hand hitboxes can't reach you and you can pretty much wait around indefinitely just watching, or step out and then step back to bait the hands to swing then run to the next tree. I don't have a real recipe for it and I've done it all one one go just tree hopping like that (although at that point I did know where to hop off onto the central pathway for the last stage).

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Honestly my biggest issue with Bed of shit is the final part where you have to jump down. As DR says, you can't scout it out ahead of time reliably. And even if you know where it is you pretty much have to tank the hands at least once and what happens then is anyone's guess. Sometimes the hand barely moves you, sometimes it flings you across half the arena. And then when you do drop down and land on the tree branch the boss might decide to do its area flame attack there, and its impossible to dodge on the tree branch and will very likely just throw you off into instant death.

I agree nito isn't very hard(although if you aggro all the skeletons without a divine weapon he might be). As for Seath I really don't agree, he has several attacks that are pretty strong and hard to avoid. Or maybe I just haven't found his blindspot.

praetor

Arcane
As for Seath I really don't agree, he has several attacks that are pretty strong and hard to avoid. Or maybe I just haven't found his blindspot.

if you hug him near the tip of his small tentacles, he can barely touch you.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
As for Seath I really don't agree, he has several attacks that are pretty strong and hard to avoid. Or maybe I just haven't found his blindspot.

if you hug him near the tip of his small tentacles, he can barely touch you.

Seath is a fucking joke.

The hard part of the fight is cutting his tail.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom