Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN WTF: Baldur's Gate recreated entirely in NWN2 engine

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Anthony Davis Made by a friend of yours?

http://kotaku.com/holy-hell-this-guy-re-created-all-of-baldurs-gate-in-511489475

Holy Hell, This Guy Re-Created All Of Baldur's Gate In 3D

It took him seven years, but yesterday, game designer Drew Rechner finally released Baldur's Gate: Reloaded, a ridiculous mod that puts the entirety of BioWare's classic RPG—including the expansion, Tales of the Sword Coast—into Neverwinter Nights 2.

To play the mod, you'll need a copy of Neverwinter Nights 2 and its expansions Mask of the Betrayer and Storm of Zehir (which you can get as one big package on GOG). Then you can download and install the mod for free right here.

I'm still kind of stunned that this exists, and I'm strongly considering re-buying NWN2 just to check it out. Rechner, who says the bulk of work on this mod was done by him and a programmer, Shallina, tells me this project helped him get into the game industry. He worked at TimeGate Studios (Section 8) until recently, and he was let go just before they shut down.

Baldur's Gate. In 3D! Amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Am I the only one that doesn't think much of the NWN2 engine?

Malpercio

Arcane
I sweat on Lord Avellone, why do these people insist on using NWN2 engine?

Even fucking Oblivion would be a better choice than it!!!

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Impressive dedication. But still, why would you want to play Baldur's Gate in NWN2's engine?

Well, aside from the 3E rules, but it still doesn't save the NWN2 engine being, well, terrible.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The original game looks better and I will probably never played this mod. But even you faggots have to acknowledge that it is no small feat what this modder pulled out. It is an enormous work for 1 person.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
IE version in 640 and no mods will always be the best way to play it. but I'm guessing this should feel like an entirely new game, kind of. might just check it out.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The original game looks better and I will probably never played this mod. But even you faggots have to acknowledge that it is no small feat what this modder pulled out. It is an enormous work for 1 person.
Yes. Sadly the amount of work that goes into a work needs not influence the actual quality.

But I can certainly acknowledge that the guy is a lunatic.

Diablo169

Arcane
Given the engine hes done it in I will likely never play this. Still it's more worthy of the title Baldurs Gate Enhanced edition then another recent release.

Stabwound

Arcane
Why are the insane projects that actually get released the ones that no one would ever care to play? This looks worse in almost every way, and is probably missing half the mechanics.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
Baldur's Gate. In 3D! Amazing.

36981148.jpg

Delterius

Arcane
We get news everyday of someone porting Morrowind to something else, and yet you'd got BG in NwN2 and, possibly, in the Dragon Age engine even.

Am I the only one that doesn't think much of the NWN2 engine?

The only ones that seem to are NwN2 modders themselves. I'm rather grateful for some of the work they managed to do in Aurora 2, but still.... wish they'd used their creativity and lunacy somewhere else.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Yes. Sadly the amount of work that goes into a work needs not influence the actual quality.
Well we don't know about the quality. The graphics are given , yes, but who knows, maybe the game is well balanced and uses the ruleset well.

Gord

Arcane
If used right, NWN2's engine can look quite good (considering the age that begins to show) and I think he managed.
Will give it a try, if only out of curiosity and to see how BG plays with 3.5 edition rules.

And unless you are a total gamepad-using popamole console imbecile, camera shouldn't pose any problems either. :troll:

Seriously, never got the hate for NWN2.

Regvard

Arcane
Who zooms in like that while playing NWN?

Graphic fags.:roll:

Everything turns in to blurry colors with numbers attached to them after a while anyway. Speaking of which, I wouldn't mind an Excel rpg.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Why is this not a newspost? :P This is just crazy enough to deserve one.

That said I only recently bought the NWN2 complete edition on GOG so I hope to give this a try whenever I have some time (i.e. not exactly soon :()

Revenant

This mod may be very bad in terms of gameplay, but its nostalgia inducing power is beyond all measure.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom