Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Torment Kickstarter Update #19: Pre-pre-production, Shanna Germain on Numenera, and other stuff

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I have mixed feelings about this update, although I liked the eye-candy aspect of it.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Yeah I can see this going well. :lol: If this would be a bioware thread instead I am sure the reactions would be as cautiously optimistic too :roll:

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Except this isn't a Bioware thread. Which is why people are being cautiously optimistic. Are you that fucking dumb?

Cosmo

Arcane
Project: Eternity
This isn't a Bioware thread AND there won't be any romance in the game. So yeah... :roll:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah I can see this going well. :lol: If this would be a bioware thread instead I am sure the reactions would be as cautiously optimistic too :roll:

Like others have said, if she was talking about how she was going to write one of the female NPCs, we might be worried. But all she did in this update was talk about the setting.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Common, she is only a sexy female writer, it doesn't mean that she is going to write: "Hawke, I need your cock in my vagina but I'm a elf virgin that don't know anything about that stuff, so I need lots of conversations about the nature of love and romance first.". That erotic novel is just masturbation material for women, she wouldn't be an idiot like Bioware writers and take masturbation material seriously.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
tumblr_ln3ky51fYV1qzttwbo1_500.png

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Well, a desire to make sense out of your illiterate dogshit is a little different than arbitrarily correcting you but I suppose it's asking for too much anyway, eh?

kaizoku

Arcane
Gentlemen,

the important question that needs to be answered here is:

Is Monte placing his numenera obelisk into Shanna's Bloom or not?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
This isn't a Bioware thread AND there won't be any romance in the game. So yeah... :roll:
Romances are in, but in a subtle way. What we won't have in Torment is relationships of the flesh, a.k.a. genital juxtaposition, a.k.a. hawt sex.

Nobody's said that "romances are in". They haven't ruled out kissing, but I doubt even the developers know what sorts of relationships the game will have.

ceics

Novice
Patron
You mean I don't get to kiss Annah? Fuck that, bring back the romances!

Gurkog

Erudite
Project: Eternity
Nobody's said that "romances are in". They haven't ruled out kissing, but I doubt even the developers know what sorts of relationships the game will have.

This is what modern cRPG gaming discussion has come to... Somewhere the founders of Bioware are rubbing their hands together and cackling maniacally while sitting on their mountains of cash.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Romances are in, but in a subtle way. What we won't have in Torment is relationships of the flesh, a.k.a. genital juxtaposition, a.k.a. hawt sex.

Love, which comes in many forms, is certainly relevant when exploring themes of legacy, abandonment, and mystery – and we expect to explore this emotion in ways that fits the story and characters. Meaningful friendships, even feelings of affection, will be possible,

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
There is no "maybe even." "Meaningful friendships, even feelings of affection, will be possible," period followed by a promise of "no touching." I expect them to get as much attention as Torment's only without the gross Betty and Veronica nonsense.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
There is no "maybe even." "Meaningful friendships, even feelings of affection, will be possible," period followed by a promise of "no touching." I expect them to get as much attention as Torment's only without the gross Betty and Veronica nonsense.

"Will be possible" is likely referring to what it's possible that they may write, not to what's possible in the game. The game isn't written yet so they don't know that yet.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom