Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

George Ziets and Justin Cherry left Obsidian

Stinger

Arcane
:( That can't be good.

Best of luck to both of them but it's a shame they aren't with Obsidian anymore.

MaroonSkein

Augur
I hope things will work out for Ziets. MotB showed that he's one of the best writers in the industry. Never heard of Cherry before, but best of luck to him too.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Countdown towards Obsidian downsizing to inXile-scale, becoming Kickstarter-centric company?

CrustyBot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Sad to see them go. I hope the two of them find satisfying and well paying employment in the future. I especially loved Ziets' work on Mask of the Betrayer.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
In other news, I read that THQ won't be releasing South Park until it is "perfect" - also THQ is doing pretty bad financially. I don't see things going so good, will THQ really be the next EA-takeover victim, as speculated ? Also, there are so many kickstarters popping up, I don't think that an eventual MCA-kickstarter would have to pay a lot of attention to timing much. I really hope that the other game in development at OBS will find a publisher soon.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
also THQ is doing pretty bad financially.

Yeah, but these guys aren't.

viacom.gif
creators.jpg

Advantage of doing a licensed game.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
So they start crumbling already? Considering their recent history not at all surprising.

thesoup

Arcane
Let's hope they'll come back.

Also, isn't GZ supposed to be like 38? Looks younger.

n4f8630e8572c7.jpg

G Ziets

Digimancy Entertainment
Developer
For anyone who doesn’t know Justin, you may recognize his art style here: http://www.iiiil0liiii.com/gallery

Justin was responsible for a lot of the coolest art on MotB: the great visual effects, Okku the bear, the design for the actual mask, the Faceless Man, etc. He was also responsible for the artistic vision on Dungeon Siege 3 (which was probably, in my opinion, the most solid element of that game).

Sacculina

Educated
He was also responsible for the artistic vision on Dungeon Siege 3 (which was probably, in my opinion, the most solid element of that game).
I started playing DS3 a couple of days ago. Based on my experience so far, I'd have to agree.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
For anyone who doesn’t know Justin, you may recognize his art style here: http://www.iiiil0liiii.com/gallery

Justin was responsible for a lot of the coolest art on MotB: the great visual effects, Okku the bear, the design for the actual mask, the Faceless Man, etc. He was also responsible for the artistic vision on Dungeon Siege 3 (which was probably, in my opinion, the most solid element of that game).

:bro: When you get a new gig, DarkUnderlord should give you a developer title.

betamin

Learned
Bitching art style. You really get lost on some of those images.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I was going to make a snarky comment about epic level gnolls and having to run into a burning building in the beginning of DS3 but damn he's here. Oh well. Maybe 1eyedking will show up and talk about how Cherry doesn't understand art direction. :M

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Well, everyone else has wished them good luck already, but I will too albeit somewhat late to the party.

It's a shame to see them go.

Texas Red

Whiner
So in regards to South Park, why did they start working with Obsidian? Are they actual fans of games like FO and Planescape?

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer

I miss you George! You were always patient with my crazy ideas. I hope your future endeavors are wildly successful!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom