Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

thesoup

Arcane
That tweet is goddamn gold derpmine.

11ahet1.jpg

Well. Let's follow the great trail of derp!

Oh god is this plain horrible. The one who wrote that essay shit is, ironically, being sexist. She's also HEAVILY into manga, anime and all other assorted Japanese bullshit which is even worse regarding female archetypes and wymin in general.

Akasen

Augur
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Oh god is this plain horrible. The one who wrote that essay shit is, ironically, being sexist. She's also HEAVILY into manga, anime and all other assorted Japanese bullshit which is even worse regarding female archetypes and wymin in general.
Yeah, reading her post started giving me a headache.

Skittles

He ruins the fun.
The difference between Batman as power fantasy and Mary Sue as power fantasy is this: you want to be Batman, but you're already the Mary Sue. How can somebody who spent enough time thinking about this to write an essay leave that distinction completely unaddressed? She can have her opinion, but what's painful about that post is that she doesn't try to argue her point, she just takes it for granted and rants.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
The difference between Batman as power fantasy and Mary Sue as power fantasy is this: you want to be Batman, but you're already the Mary Sue. How can somebody who spent enough time thinking about this to write an essay leave that distinction completely unaddressed? She can have her opinion, but what's painful about that post is that she doesn't try to argue her point, she just takes it for granted and rants.
It also bears mention that there's quite a lot of versions of Batman... And quite a lot of different people who've made stories with the character...

ElectricOtter

http://alphatown.wordpress.com/2011/10/02/in-defense-of-the-first-person-shooter-transmogrification/

(snip)

This guy has many posts basically like this on his blog. I originally found him on a Kotaku usually writing on Portal 2 and VALVe titles.
How can anyone legitimately think that the world design in New Vegas wasn't as good as 3? Or that NV had poorer shooting mechanics? Are you sure this dude isn't a troll?

A sidenote about NV being more focused on vats: I played a sneaky sniper character in NV without ever using vats and it was way better than playing Fallout 3 with the same build, because in NV you can actually hit things that are more than 50 feet away from you.

thesoup

Arcane
NV focused on vats? I always found vats to be shit and never ever used it. It works fine as a shooter. Not the greatest one ever, mind you, but decent enough. At least you're not popping moles.

Grim Monk

Arcane
I did a youtube search for the term "rpgcodex", and the videos of by a user named "lljkceski" came up.

David Gaider Responds to Fans

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I did a youtube search for the term "rpgcodex", and the videos of by a user named "lljkceski" came up.

David Gaider Responds to Fans

Obviously a Codexer, at least in spirit. He's the same guy who made the "Deus Ex Unreal Revolution" mod and video. This is my favorite vid of his:

Also:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What the hell, I get automatically redirected to Youtube.com when opening this thread now.

Grim Monk

Arcane
I accidently caused that using the "Media Embed" function, managed to fix it editing my post...

Akasen

Augur
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
How can anyone legitimately think that the world design in New Vegas wasn't as good as 3? Or that NV had poorer shooting mechanics? Are you sure this dude isn't a troll?

A sidenote about NV being more focused on vats: I played a sneaky sniper character in NV without ever using vats and it was way better than playing Fallout 3 with the same build, because in NV you can actually hit things that are more than 50 feet away from you.

I very much believe him to be serious. He wrote an article on Eli being the most important person in Half-Life 2 and his death thus brought a halt to Half-Life development because without Eli, there would be no one to explain stuff to you... or something. I haven't read this guys older articles for months now.

http://alphatown.wordpress.com/2011/07/08/the-most-important-man-in-the-world/

Ah yes, then he complains of Gordon being a Silent Protagonist in HL2 by the end of this one.

Skittles

He ruins the fun.
Too obvious because it failed to inspire true fan boy rage. Great planning, though, with potential to grab Eragon, Skyrim, and LotR fans all in one.

GoldenPigsy

Educated
I almost hate to even bring this up, but, it looks like David Gaider is not the only one planning to inflict Dragon Age fiction upon the world.

Chris Priestly said:
We’re pleased to announce a Dragon Age Creative Writing Challenge to celebrate the launch of lead writer David Gaider’s book Dragon Age: Asunder. The rules are simple—write a short story from the perspective of a Mage or Templar. Email finished work to community@bioware.com and include your BSN username. Also, please post an abstract of your story (50-100 words) in this thread for everyone to see!

Entries must be an original, unpublished work of fiction in the English language and no longer than 2,500 words. Multiple submissions WILL NOT be accepted. Please do not include explicit sexual descriptions or excessive violence. Writing will be judged on originality, understanding of & respect for the Intellectual Property, writing quality, grammar & spelling, and keeping within the parameters established in the Dragon Age Universe. The last day we are accepting entries is January 10th, 2012!

The Community Team will choose our top five favorites who will receive a complimentary copy of Dragon Age Asunder signed by David Gaider and have their entries read by the man himself! David will choose the overall winner. This winner will receive a full suite of products from the Razer Dragon Age II line: keyboard, mouse, mouse mat, and messenger bag to assist in his or her future writing endeavors. He or she will also be invited to a private Skype Q&A with David Gaider.

Looking forward to seeing the creativity that drives our community! Be sure to read Dragon Age Asunder to inspire and inform your writing!

The thread for the abstracts is, in the best tradition of Bioware's fan community, almost mind-expanding in its stupidity.

The first posted summary...

And I choose...a snippet...a glimpse into a character I created for
my blog story Jacen Thorne. This character is Reginald Malore, a Templar
from Kirkwall...and for this challenge I wrote a prequal short as sort
of a backstory before he is introduced in the Jacen Thorne main story. I
hope you enjoy...from The Assignment

A decade
before while hunting a particularly nasty maleficar, Reginald Molare
suffered an accident leaving his vision permanently altered. When he
was in bright light the man was completely blind, but in low light and
total darkness he could see shapes. A side effect from the blood mage’s
attack turned his formally green eyes a silvery color that glowed in the
light much like a cat’s. Even the Knight Commander and First Enchanter
found Reginald’s eyes an eerie sight. Not one person could tell him why
his vision had been altered, but his ability as a tracker had not been
diminished.

And it uses... ellipses... to... dramatic effect!

I've not read the whole of the thread, but I assume that angst, clumsy prose, and unconventional grammatical constructions abound there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom