Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyrim is worse than Oblivion in every way

attackfighter

Magister
Did anyone else recognise Gromnir Il-Kahn instantly?

Luzur

Good Sir
Rod Rodderson said:
Luzur said:
according from what ive read, Vvardenfell island and surrounding landscape is now small charred islands . . .
Vvardenfell is still in most of one piece. You can even see it in-game. That one's courtesy of some fellow in the only decent section of the Bethsoft forums.

like that would make any diff. from ingame lore.

Bethesda simply didnt care to make lore friendly landscaping beyond a border you are not supposed to go.

but i wonder though if it is like in Oblivion with the borderlocked lands (argonia, elsweyr etc) around Cyrodiil being way smaller then Cyrodiil?

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
Codexer: Why can't I tell Skyrim my real feelings! Is it that I'm afraid that he...no, I mustn't, mustn't...

(Skyrim turns the corner in full dragonslaying armor.)

Codexer: !!!
Skyrim: Oh hello, Codexer-san. You look very monoclean today.
Codexer: I-idiot! Shut up!!
Skyrim: Ah, see you later I guess. (begins walking past)
Codexer: W-wait! Stop!
Skyrim: Eh?
Codexer: Ah...I...that's...if you...
Skyrim: You're speaking very softly. (moves closer)
Codexer: (blushing) ...I w-want to be a dragon...born...
Skyrim: Ah, you want to dragonshout, codexer-san? That's great! I didn't know you liked Elder Scro-
Codexer: IT'S NOT LIKE I LIKE YOU OR ANYTHING!! I...I just want to r-ride around in the snow and kill things! Stupid Skyrim! You think you're AAA but you're not at all! You should be happy I even asked you!
Skyrim: Haha that's fine codexer-san, I understand. Should I pick you up after school?
Codexer: ...yes. Don't you dare be late! Dumbass!
Skyrim: Alright, see you!

(Skyrim leaves)

Codexer: ...oh my god, I haven't even decided on the character I'm going to make! He's going to think th-NO! Idiot! It's his fault for showing himself! But...these feelings...after we talked...I feel warm...

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
sgc_meltdown said:
Codexer: Why can't I tell Skyrim my real feelings! Is it that I'm afraid that he...no, I mustn't, mustn't...

Skyrim: Ah, you want to dragonshout, codexer-san? That's great! I didn't know you liked Elder Scro-
Codexer: IT'S NOT LIKE I LIKE YOU OR ANYTHING!! I...I just want to r-ride around in the snow and kill things! Stupid Skyrim! You think you're AAA but you're not at all! You should be happy I even asked you!
Skyrim: Haha that's fine codexer-san, I understand. Should I pick you up after school?

(Skyrim leaves)

Codexer: ...oh my god, I haven't even decided on the character I'm going to make! He's going to think th-NO! Idiot! It's his fault for showing himself! But...these feelings...after we talked...I feel warm...
:love:

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
sgc_meltdown said:

(Skyrim leaves)

:lol: :salute:

Syril

Liturgist
Queued
sgc_meltdown said:

(Skyrim leaves)

Dude you watch too much animu stuff, this is scary.

Rhalle

Magister
ChristofferC said:
Smithing and enchanting is way op.

This. .

They are broken, and they basically break the game.

You can craft iron daggers (and probably lesser shit) all the way to maximum armor smithing, it looks like.

There is very little-- if any at all-- XP loss versus crafting higher tier stuff.

Enchanting is the same way.

I disenchanted something for a 15 stamina damage enchantment. I can put that as a total noob enchanter, using a petty soul gem, on one of these iron daggers and its value is 600 gold.

Even with my crappy speechcraft, I can sell them for more than it costs to make them. Therefore, I can level up enchanting endlesslsy, and make money doing it, as long as there are soul gems and iron ingots to buy.

I haven't run out yet, and have only gone to shops in Whiterun and Riverwhatever, the starter village.

ChristofferC

Magister
Rhalle said:
ChristofferC said:
Smithing and enchanting is way op.

This. .

They are broken, and they basically break the game.

You can craft iron daggers (and probably lesser shit) all the way to maximum armor smithing, it looks like.

There is very little-- if any at all-- XP loss versus crafting higher tier stuff.

Enchanting is the same way.

I disenchanted something for a 15 stamina damage enchantment. I can put that as a total noob enchanter, using a petty soul gem, on one of these iron daggers and its value is 600 gold.

Even with my crappy speechcraft, I can sell them for more than it costs to make them. Therefore, I can level up enchanting endlesslsy, and make money doing it, as long as there are soul gems and iron ingots to buy.

I haven't run out yet, and have only gone to shops in Whiterun and Riverwhatever, the starter village.
Yeah I had full dragon armor at level 25. I could have had Daedric armor instead if I had cheesed even more.

Captain Shrek

A brilliant twist in SKyrim ought to be that Dwemer BECAME Daedra after Kagrenac used his divine metaphysics to unravel the power of Lorkhan's heart.

Captain Shrek said:
A brilliant twist in SKyrim ought to be that Dwemer BECAME Daedra after Kagrenac used his divine metaphysics to unravel the power of Lorkhan's heart.
The Dwemer became the Numidium's skin. That was confirmed by a dev way back in the Morrowind days. I mean, there's nothing stopping Bethesda of Today from ignoring that, but I imagine they'd rather it remain a mystery and just won't ever approach the topic authoritatively.

baronjohn

Cipher
You can level conjuration by casting soul traps on dead bodies. From zero to master in ~30 minutes.

Master conjuration is neat. You can summon two Dremora Lords for 120s.

You can also summon Atronachs permanently, and raise any human corpse permanently (and over and over...)

Gerrard

Arcane
I like how you can just craft daedric armor, even if it's the hardest one to make since it requires daedra hearts.

Remember how in Morrowind there was pretty much only one of each piece of the set in the game, and it was all over the place, some in possession of NPCs.

Luzur said:
Bethesda simply didnt care to make lore friendly landscaping beyond a border you are not supposed to go.
They wouldn't have to, but why bother at all? Anyway, the picture was more just a nice thing that I added as an addendum, and not the basis for what I said. I just don't recall reading or hearing anything about Vvardenfell being destroyed, beyond a crater where Vivec used to be.

Luzur

Good Sir
Rod Rodderson said:
Luzur said:
They wouldn't have to, but why bother at all? Anyway, the picture was more just a nice thing that I added as an addendum, and not the basis for what I said. I just don't recall reading or hearing anything about Vvardenfell being destroyed, beyond a crater where Vivec used to be.

should be a thread somewhere about it in TESF forums.

rock hit Vivec City, Dagoth Ur mountain goes bananas, melt away half of Vvardenfell, the rest sinks, so i guess Vvardenfell is abit smaller nowadays.

Luzur

Good Sir
sgc_meltdown said:

(Skyrim leaves)

baka meltdown.

baronjohn said:
You can level conjuration by casting soul traps on dead bodies. From zero to master in ~30 minutes.

Huh, I thought my way of doing it was cheesing. I was clearing out a ruin I decided to keep as my home by raising all the corpses and then incinerating them. Took awhile, but I raised my Conjuration and Destruction skills by quite a bit. Now I just have to ignore all the ash piles.

That though....whew. Wouldn't be a Elder Scrolls game without exploits I guess.

Rod Rodderson said:
Luzur said:
according from what ive read, Vvardenfell island and surrounding landscape is now small charred islands . . .
Vvardenfell is still in most of one piece. You can even see it in-game. That one's courtesy of some fellow in the only decent section of the Bethsoft forums.

Looks like Solstheim came out of it in one piece.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom