Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Prophecy: The Fall of Trinadon

Saxon1974

Prophet
Yea they look a bit too consolish to me though.

Saw a glowing review of the game in a 1989 computer gaming world mag. Im suprised I had not even heard of this one.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Anyone has the manual for this game? I really want to play it, but I can't figure out what spells there are and what some of them are supposed to do. :( A scanned copy would be really great, but even if you only own the physical copy, the spell descriptions are all I really need, since spells must be memorised by inputting their names manually (damn copy protection :().

Knowing the game's back story would be a plus, too.

Any help greatly appreciated! I may even do an LP if someone can find a copy of the manual for me. :)

Wunderpurps

Educated
It's a simple but great game, about as good as a single player isometric dungeon crawl could be. Also pretty funny. I don't remember any spells but it's been a while.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Crooked Bee said:
Any help greatly appreciated! I may even do an LP if someone can find a copy of the manual for me. :)

You know I was going to reply FFS Ms. Bee! Hello, replacementdocs... but they didn't have it. :(

Would love to see a LP of this, if you do ever find a manual.

Crooked Bee said:
Anyone has the manual for this game? I really want to play it, but I can't figure out what spells there are and what some of them are supposed to do. :( A scanned copy would be really great, but even if you only own the physical copy, the spell descriptions are all I really need, since spells must be memorised by inputting their names manually (damn copy protection :().

Knowing the game's back story would be a plus, too.

From HotU.

"Colourful graphics and cool weapons make up for the near absence of plot development and detailed statistics. Good for RPG newbies only".

Crooked Bee

Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Wunderpurps said:
It's a simple but great game, about as good as a single player isometric dungeon crawl could be. Also pretty funny.

Yeah, the game was designed by Richard L. Seaborne, so I'm pretty confident it must be fun. For those interested, you can check out my Tower of Myraglen LP; that game was also designed by Seaborne.

Wunderpurps said:
I don't remember any spells but it's been a while.

You can memorise up to 10 spells, meaning there must be at least that many. They have some cryptic names, to make things worse.

Satori said:
From HotU.

"Colourful graphics and cool weapons make up for the near absence of plot development and detailed statistics. Good for RPG newbies only".

Eh, that reviewer doesn't get it. Single character real-time dungeon crawlers are a wonderful subgenre of their own. At least I'm a sucker for those, personally. They can also be quite hardcore, as Tower of Myraglen and DarkSpyre show. So I reeeeeallly want to play this game through properly. I believe I'll be able to manage even without the manual, but that wouldn't be the proper kind of experience.

Jaesun said:
Crooked Bee said:

You know I was going to reply FFS Ms. Bee! Hello, replacementdocs... but they didn't have it. :(

Would love to see a LP of this, if you do ever find a manual.

Thanks, Jaesun. :P

EDIT. I must say I saw there were replies to my post and thought "hey, someone has already found the manual for me!" I was totally heartbroken. :(

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
I did a rather extensive google search

unless there's one in another language other than english the manual isn't out there

there were a few forum requests regarding the copy protection but even that was edited out by moderators because of the esa member thing

not even underground-gamer has it, even though I found multiple instances of the game itself

it's 250ish kb zipped up btw, really something considering the graphics

YOU'RE WELCOME

analt

Scholar
I've got this one, but I won't have access to the docs for a couple of weeks at least. And I remember it being pretty crap. This came from the co-creator of Escape From Hell?

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Try to experiment with this.

Harlok
Cordane
Corsane
Schnellt
Naturlik
Invofisk
Duhmasti
Paxjed
Minnlost
Magnin
Forablee
Phyrdalk
Killtenn
Stambean
Welenart
Dextrill
Trikarak
Enquiess
Manndrue
Vizmiral
Millikat
Lomadahl
Firalap
Colenses
Milleano
Millmeta
Firalle
Waewan
Arro
Eano
Metabran
Schibane
Wrahbane

Crooked Bee

Patron
analt said:
I've got this one, but I won't have access to the docs for a couple of weeks at least.

Oooh I'd be sooo grateful if you could maybe scan it once you have access to it? :oops: At least the introduction and the spells?

analt said:
This came from the co-creator of Escape From Hell?

Yup. And it may be crap, sure, but I wanna see for myself. Plus I plan on writing a retrospective for the Codex that would include a short review of this game among others, so the manual would come in handy for that.

Fowyr said:
Try to experiment with this.

*snap*

Thanks! :salute: I'll experiment with that if the manual doesn't come up.

sgc_meltdown said:
YOU'RE WELCOME

Thanks for your efforts, sgc-sensei! :P

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Looking at the thread title I recalled another game. Does anyone played Prophecy of Shadows?
Should I try it?

Crooked Bee

Patron
There's also some stupid copy protection so I can't even travel to the second location:

prophecy_001.png
prophecy_002.png

prophecy_003.png

Dammit.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Answers:
EMPIRE SENTRY
ANCIENT SAGE
GOBLIN KING OF GOBAR
LORD OF ERTRAXIA
LORD RICHARD
EMPIRE ELITE SOLDIER
GENDORIAN OVERLORD
DARK NECROMANCER
EMPIRE HATCHETMAN
GENDOR OF TRINADON
ARCH PRIEST
MYSTIC ENCHANTER
HELLISH FIEND
LYCANTHROPE
TOAD MAN TERRY
UNHOLY FLYING SWORD
GUARDIAN CHEST
OOZING SLUDGE ALAN
VINE MAN
SKELETAL GIANT
VICIOUS HYDRA
EVIL INCARNATE
JEDIST OGRE

I tested, they work. Sorry, I'm too tired for proper crack.

fags suck

Barely Literate
Ha, I too used to know how to crack those old games. Edit a file in qbasic, then scroll through to find copy protection answers. :D

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
If you lucky, yes. Not in the qbasic, of course. Why use it, when you have Hiew, hex editor with ton of functions like built-in disassembler.
Using it 13 years already and fucking love it.

Crooked Bee

Patron
Fowyr said:
Answers:
EMPIRE SENTRY
ANCIENT SAGE
GOBLIN KING OF GOBAR
LORD OF ERTRAXIA
LORD RICHARD
EMPIRE ELITE SOLDIER
GENDORIAN OVERLORD
DARK NECROMANCER
EMPIRE HATCHETMAN
GENDOR OF TRINADON
ARCH PRIEST
MYSTIC ENCHANTER
HELLISH FIEND
LYCANTHROPE
TOAD MAN TERRY
UNHOLY FLYING SWORD
GUARDIAN CHEST
OOZING SLUDGE ALAN
VINE MAN
SKELETAL GIANT
VICIOUS HYDRA
EVIL INCARNATE
JEDIST OGRE

I tested, they work. Sorry, I'm too tired for proper crack.

Thanks. :love: Will test 'em out later.

Still looking for that manual, tho'. Someone! Anyone! Help!

Tripicus

Augur
The best I could do is find a video where a guy said

Actually I do! I scanned the manual and uploaded it for another person a while back. Send me a message and I'll email you a link. ;-)

Here is a link to the youtube video he posted of this game and where he made the comment.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVTY-dJih_0

His last posted video was 4 months ago, most of his videos relate to DOS gaming, so it may still be likely that he will reply.

Overboard

Arcane
Hah I remember this, used to edit the file to get dark longsword etc.

I might have the manual, will dig around. There (IIRC) are prefixes you can type in before spellnames to multiply the power of the spell. Bae is one I think.

Wunderpurps

Educated
You da man, Fowyr. I never thought I'd get to play this game again or indeed anyone but me played in the first place.

Schnellt is speed, I now remember.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom