Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's walk the streets of Silent Hill (Complete !)

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Yeah. I had this EXACT UPS, it started to loose it's capacity after a time and I threw it away. It's a shitty UPS btw.

Also... I *am* using one of those multiplugs, which are SUPPOSED to prevent high voltage. Apparently they don't work that well. At least not with thunder.

ok, enough with the nerdraging.

ghostdog said:
Also... I *am* using one of those multiplugs, which are SUPPOSED to prevent high voltage. Apparently they don't work that well. At least not with thunder.

How eerily Silent Hill-ish.

Anyway...great LP. You have a good balance between the in-game, almost retrospective author dialogue and the acutal game content.

Also:

Never underestimate a piano in a survival-horror game.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
The old gods tried to hamper our progress, but nothing can stop us ! So, after that eerie encounter on the roof, we decide to go and find where that drainage pipe leads. Hopefully not straight into a sewer.

se905g.jpg

Lady luck is with us.

2ikv4ow.jpg

And things get into motion...

Code:
Chapter XI:

o                           .oPYo.                                 8   o      o  o      8        
  8                           8    8                                 8   8      8         8        
  8 .oPYo. o   o   o .oPYo.   8    8 .oPYo. .oPYo. odYo. .oPYo. .oPYo8   8      8 o8 .oPYo8 .oPYo. 
  8 .oooo8 Y. .P. .P Yb..     8    8 8    8 8oooo8 8' `8 8oooo8 8    8   8  db  8  8 8    8 8oooo8 
  8 8    8 `b.d'b.d'   'Yb.   8    8 8    8 8.     8   8 8.     8    8   `b.PY.d'  8 8    8 8.     
oP' `YooP8  `Y' `Y'  `YooP'   `YooP' 8YooP' `Yooo' 8   8 `Yooo' `YooP'    `8  8'   8 `YooP' `Yooo' 
...::.....:::..::..:::.....::::.....:8 ....::.....:..::..:.....::.....:::::..:..:::..:.....::.....:
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::8 ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::..::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

As we get back into the dark corridors, the damned children come to greet us...

2mmxog5.jpg

We hurry to the locked classrooms.

2lt3akh.jpg

1tsapc.jpg

Guess what, they're full of monsters.

e9vj12.jpg

30rtk7m.png
Is there no end to them ?

Indeed, they were many this time. We find a health drink. Good, because we just used 2 of them...

34sl1ja.jpg

The other end of the classroom leads to the the stairs that go down to the basement. Let's go down there.

dcpk4l.jpg

More hellish decor.

23tim4k.jpg

Let's check out the map.

2vvl1rc.jpg

We decide to have a look in the storage room first. A prudent move, since we're rewarded with a lot of goodies. :)

35j9dsi.jpg

Shotgun shells *and* an ampoule ? I wonder why the game is so generous all of a sudden...
Ok, let's go into the boiler-

2mgo75i.jpg

What the hell... What happened to the boiler ? We try to move on, but the way seems blocked by 2 sets of bars.

28wmft.jpg

As we investigate the 2 valves we find out that they are used to rotate the bars.

2z584f5.jpg

30rtk7m.png
The bars interlock with each other, but there must be a way to open the passage...

I wont go into detail on to how to solve the puzzle. A little observation will tell you how to turn the valves...

j6k0lt.jpg

After some fiddling around it seems we finally did it.

xeqrmu.jpg

2egh0s3.jpg

I guess it's time to see what lies beyond these bars...

1gng9g.jpg

Hmm ? A dead end ?

2wrf4sn.jpg

OH SHI-

2yo5myh.jpg

2cgltf8.jpg

309sf43.jpg

We keep going down and down, surrounded absolute darkness... Somehow our flashlight has stopped working.

b8a9nt.jpg

Huh ?

x0pqo5.jpg

24qmjcj.jpg

t7gb60.jpg

2d7gbib.jpg

Where the hell are we ?! wait a minute, is there something lurking in the distance ?

fu7vww.jpg

16c98b5.jpg

fdh9mq.jpg

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

2pk6h.jpg

209r02b.jpg

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK ...we must stay away from thing thing, or we're doomed.

fckqs.jpg

294h0eo.jpg

After many shots it seems we've managed to do some damage... Its head is splitting into... 2 parts ?!

258ms1v.jpg

AHH ! The damn thing is suddenly MUCH faster !!

wgqp1g.jpg

suygc6.jpg

DAMN !!!!! IT"S TRYING TO SWALLOW US !! MUST. GET. AWAY-

24muczq.jpg

6oh1ed.jpg

2rp7nmr.jpg

Munching sounds are heard as Harry's body gets chewed by the enornous jaws...

i402hk.jpg

:(

I'll let an ancient one express my feelings :
sotcfuuu.png

Useful tips follow :

2wrp5ow.jpg

WTF ?! This tip is probably addressed to some noob who got himself killed by the first enemy. It should be moar liek this :

2pqvtc2.jpg

Ok, I think it's time we took things seriously...

21erv3m.jpg

The shotgun seems to do a lot of damage...

24osln6.jpg

But after six shots you need to reload and you better do it from the menu -before you're out of shells. Else you're fucked, since it takes a lot of time to reload.

1174j89.jpg

FUCK ! The same thing as before happened, his mouth has opened and now it comes on us very fast.

nq3hiu.jpg

RUN HARRY !!

17ejhu.jpg

2efqs0y.jpg

Barely escaped its jaws... If we continue like this, we're bound to be chewed up soon. What the hell should we do ?!

30rtk7m.png
The fairytale... maybe it has some something to do with this...

Huh ? But of course, didn't the tale talked about a hunter shooting the Lizard right into its mouth, where its most vulnerable ? Let's try it, it's our last hope.

3090908.jpg

We shoot straight into the mouth of madness...

148jdxu.jpg

fksnbk.jpg

30d9t7b.jpg

14314p4.jpg

:SIRENS WAIL:

Those sirens again, what's going on ?!

21n1dox.jpg

30rtk7m.png
ARRRGH- My head...

ev1i6v.jpg

A black veil engulfs Harry...

...another dream ?

j5b3ol.jpg

2n8zdbc.jpg

2usbr7c.jpg

25jilpd.jpg

1zlbree.jpg

ejzvxj.jpg

30rtk7m.png
Who the hell was that ?

21dhn2r.jpg

30rtk7m.png
Is this... a boiler room ?!

2nbh647.jpg

Poor Harry, thrown from nightmare to nightmare, always with unanswered questions...

Cassidy

Arcane
I think it's a bit difficult to take good screenshots while running away and trying to avoid getting surrounded.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Oh, I haven't killed every monster. I did evade a lot of them when I was in the open. In the school I killed most of them though, as in tight spaces evasion isn't that easy, especially if you want to get the supplies scattered around.

Jaqen

Novice
Ghostdog you deserve a medal for the contribution you've given us with your mods and LP. Nice work!

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
I feel the (disturbing) silence overtaking. It's not a good pain.

Read:

MOAR!!

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
After defeating the monster the Sirens transported us to another place/reality... Or was it that girl we saw that did it ? Who was the girl, really ? Hmm, let's hope we'll get some answers later, for now we better grab that key from the floor.

maj891.jpg

K.Gordon ? Haven't we heard that name before ?

Code:
Chapter XII :

o    o        8 8  8           .oPYo.        8 8        
 8    8        8 8  '           8   `8        8 8        
o8oooo8 .oPYo. 8 8    .oPYo.   o8YooP' .oPYo. 8 8 .oPYo. 
 8    8 8oooo8 8 8    Yb..      8   `b 8oooo8 8 8 Yb..   
 8    8 8.     8 8      'Yb.    8    8 8.     8 8   'Yb. 
 8    8 `Yooo' 8 8    `YooP'    8oooP' `Yooo' 8 8 `YooP' 
:..:::..:.....:....::::.....::::......::.....:....:.....:
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Let's have a look around. It seems that we're back to the "normal" school...

2nuuptt.jpg

:BELL CHIMES:

30rtk7m.png
Huh ? What's that sound ?

:BELL CHIMES:

2mw9jjn.jpg

We consult our map. Is there a church in the vicinity ?

ao3wbs.jpg

Bingo ! Now, about this Gordon guy, I think I recall him from the teachers list we found on the reception...

5mzggh.jpg

Now I remember ! It was that house we visited during the night-time !
I guess it's time we left this place, since Cheryl doesn't seem to be here. We better check out that church.

345ehkj.jpg

We're back into the misty streets of Silent Hill. Farewell Midwich Elementary School, it was a fun ride :salute:

voq6uv.jpg

We run to Gordon's house and find a dog guarding the entrance.

mvno8y.jpg

We dispose of the rabid creature and head for the house.

2j4c1gh.jpg

vid73t.jpg

Supplies and a save point greet us inside.

5wfjp0.jpg

The place seems cozy enough, but we can't stay any longer. The bells are calling.

t7yg74.jpg

More devastated roads block our passage. We'll have to take a small alley to reach the Church's road...

24dg0va.jpg

Huh ? The radio is hissing... Is there a monster near ?

2u7x1xh.jpg

The bastard tries to ambush us, but we're ready.

2hcgf1d.jpg

FUCK. He wants to make us his bitch !

20f7osw.jpg

...But we're nobody's bitch. :smug:

30hre6g.jpg

After evading a couple more of them, we reach the Bloch street. To the west, we find another dead end...

1z6a0t3.jpg

HEY ! DO YOU SEE WHAT I SEE ? :D

dwqrs7.jpg

FUCK YEAH ! NOW WE'LL KICK SOM-

30rtk7m.png
There's no gasoline. Can't use it.

:(

Oh well, who knows, maybe well find some gas eventually... We better get to the church.

ir1ieq.jpg

1t811e.jpg

The big marble signs read "Balkan Church". The bells have stopped chiming, but we're sure this is where the sound came from. Even if we find nothing at least this holy place will give us sanctuary , right ?

1yvbsy.jpg

Let's enter...

xc95zo.jpg

Someone's here...

2q2lo5k.jpg

2is9x6b.jpg

30vm5g0.jpg

2eupis4.jpg

ir4zk2.jpg

mts9bp.png
I've been expecting you. It was foretold by Gyromancy.

30rtk7m.png
What are you talking about ?.

mts9bp.png
I knew you'd come. You want the girl, right ?

30rtk7m.png
The girl ? You're talking about Cheryl ?

mts9bp.png
I SEE everything...

16c6r87.jpg

mts9bp.png
Stay back !

30rtk7m.png
...Tell me what you know !

mts9bp.png
Nothing is to be gained from floundering about at random. You must follow the path.

30rtk7m.png
The path ?

mts9bp.png
The path of the hermit, concealed by Flauros...

30rtk7m.png
What ? What are you talking about ?!

34j3ynt.jpg

6qjsk8.jpg

2rf4sg4.jpg

mts9bp.png
It can counteract the wrath of the underworld.

30rtk7m.png
Underworld ? You know what's happening in this town ?

mts9bp.png
... The flauros will help you.

1zgq7f8.jpg

2hnyzbr.jpg

Damn, she's leaving ! After her !

33dikuu.jpg

Shit, she's gone. She seemed to know a lot about what has taken place in Silent Hill. Don't know if we can trust her, but let's check out those things she left for us...

68da4y.jpg

68y2qb.jpg

What the hell is this Flauros thing for ?

5bvhid.jpg

No clue. There's nothing more of significance in the church, except another notepad to write our memoirs. Let's get out.

29bg4fp.jpg

As we continue heading east, we come upon an opened door next to the gas station...

vxow3q.jpg

Now, here's the deal. In a second run through the game you would find a tank of gas in this room. Gas that can be used to fuel gas-fueled weapons. The chainsaw is one of them, we'll find the second later...

2zem3gl.jpg

So, guess what, we'll haxxor the game once more to get that gasoline tank !

[HAXXOR]
ngxbhk.jpg

[/HAXXOR]

Ok. Let's search the room.

21dh45c.jpg

Hmm, it seems we can't do anything with that car engine. We should leave. The actual gas station is out of gas... It's a Shell statio- no wait, it actually reads "Hell station". Nice.

b8u7vn.jpg

Let's head to the southern str- CRAP !

2d268b8.jpg

Another dog, another kill, another chasm. Hmm, is that a truck in the distance ?

5v92df.jpg

We can't drive it, but we can sure as hell grab all that ammo next to it.

mi04fd.jpg

Let's have a look at the map. To the east there's a bridge that crosses over the river, maybe we should head that way...

312ybgp.jpg

The crumbled stairs to the left and right of the bridge lead to an endless void, but we actually find some useful supplies near the edge.

qxnr88.jpg

The bridge is up. Hmm, don't we have a "bridge control" key ? Is there a control tower nearby ?

20sau7s.jpg

Yes, there is :smug: We enter it to find some interesting stuff...

2qtll43.jpg

2b35ok.jpg

Hmm, it seems that the bridge leads to the shopping district. Let's have a look at the controls :

71u53q.jpg

And we have a key for that, don't we ?

acd649.jpg

312czs1.jpg

30rtk7m.png
The bridge is down.

Marvelous. As we exit the building we spot a second door below us. Maybe we should check it out too...

25hpqw0.jpg

We can't see shit.

jjahqb.jpg

The lights don't work, but thankfully we have our flashlight...

2r46cfm.jpg

mw84nk.jpg

Ahh, that's better. Hey, there's some sort of tool by the bridge mechanism.

2cz4kdj.jpg

30rtk7m.png
It needs gasoline to work...

Oh yeah, the Rock Drill can also be used as a weapon :smug:

And now we've come to a serious choice my friends ! The gas we have will be enough only for ONE weapon. Which one should we choose... the rock drill, or the chainsaw ?

CHAINSAW said:

2jdltao.jpg
CHAINSAW

• Advantages:
  • Many types of attack.
  • Harry can move while using it.

Disadvantages:
  • Enemies can hit you back when you attack them.

OR

ROCK DRILL said:

2dmf2a9.jpg
ROCK DRILL

• Advantages:
  • More powerful than the Chainsaw.
  • Enemies can't touch you.

Disadvantages:
  • You must remain stationary when you use it.

(Once you've filled a weapon with gas, it will last till the end of the game.)

At last, some meaningful C&C ! What will it be codex ? I await your votes.

TRIVIA said:
  • [*]More wild rumors emerged from the fact that you find the car engine in the gas station. Some people claimed that if you fulfill certain conditions you could pick up the engine and place it in an ambulance (which you find later) to get a secret ending. Another successful trolling attempt.

[*]The name "Flauros" is mentioned in occult works such as "The Lesser Key of Solomon" and "Pseudomonarchia Daemonum". Flauros, known by other names such as Haures and Flavros, is placed as a high-ranking demon in the hierarchy of Hell.

[*]Gyromancy is a method of divination in which a person spins around inside -or walks the circumference- of a circle drawn on the ground, the perimeter of which is marked with the letters of an alphabet. The divination is inferred from the letter at the position where the person either stumbles or falls across the circle’s edge. The person would repeat the practice till he evolved an intelligible sentence, or till death or madness intervened."

[*]The rock drill is most likely a reference to the Tarantino/Rodriguez movie "From Dusk till Dawn", where the protagonist Seth Gecko armed himself with a rock drill against a horde of flesh eating vampires.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
spekkio said:
Kim Gordon is not a "he" FFS. :roll:

About the choice:

i3z8rn.jpg

I was going to vote rockdrill but spekkio convinced me with the evil dead pick.

Go all Ash Williams on them :twisted:

lightbane

Arcane
Gyromancy is a method of divination in which a person spins around inside -or walks the circumference- of a circle drawn on the ground, the perimeter of which is marked with the letters of an alphabet. The divination is inferred from the letter at the position where the person either stumbles or falls across the circle’s edge. The person would repeat the practice till he evolved an intelligible sentence, or till death or madness intervened."

Worst. Divination method. EVER. I vote for the drill, because it'll pierce the heavens!!!!

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
spekkio said:
Kim Gordon is not a "he" FFS. :roll:
hoverdog said:
Kim%20Gordon299.jpg

kim gordon is disappoint.

Ah, it seems I've missed all these sonic youth references.

Oh well, the SH creators make some trippy references. In the beginning they had named Cheryl "Dolores" and Harry "Humbert" in reference to the Lolita movie/novel. :shock: :oops: The US Konami department made them change the names, though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom