Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Wolf Mittag

1. Teudogar, how to get rid of the messed up colors?

Closing all other applications, setting the desktop background to blank, hiding the clock and taskbar etc will all work somewhat, but Windows will usually still manage to mess up at least some colours. A quirky but surprisingly effective workaround seems to be to keep Windows' Set Display...
  2. install with Windows7-64bit: 'C:\Program Files (x86)' won't work, pls choose folder without ( )

Due to a stupid bug, Teudogar cannot cope with the '(' and ')' in Windows7-64bit's default program folder name 'C:\Program Files (x86)'. It can install to this folder, but when you try to start the game, due to the brackets in the path name, it will get its own path wrong and will not find...
  3. So how's Darghul coming along?

Thank you for the encouragement. I really appreciate the beyond-believe patience that so many people grant this project. After all the delays, postponements, post-postponements etc, I think everybody who still cares must be completely worn out and sick+tired of it all by now (not to speak of it...
  4. bought full version, later lost CD or download? get replacement at wolfmittag.com

If you bought the full version in the past (on CD or as a download), and have since lost your files, you can request a new download to be made available for you: http://www.wolfmittag.com/users (If you don't have an account/password yet, you can request one with the email address you used when...
  5. Control settings

As to DARGHUL (and perhaps future versions of Teudogar) I'm not really sure about the best way to navigate the game world, anyway. If I'm using a mouse, I obviously want to use the left key for Look/Pick Up/Move/Attack, and (being a control freak) I prefer my character not to automatically...
  6. Control settings

also, you can use the keyboard cursor keys to walk.
  7. Control settings

unfortunately, within the game, no (though I'll add this option eventually - thanks for the suggestion). But perhaps you could temporarily swap your mouse keys using Windows' Control Panel / Mouse Settings - I think there's an option to treat the left mouse button as right and vice versa. Set...
  8. Dialogoption fehlt

Ich habe im Dialog-Quelltext nachgesehen: Falls der Hilfs-Priester im Hain des Ziu überhaupt noch mit Dir spricht (zumindest einige Dialog-Antworten verfügbar sind), dann sollte normalerweise auch die Antwort "Zauberei widerstehen" verfügbar sein, über die Du (wenn Du die Amphoren dabei hast)...
  9. So how's Darghul coming along?

Ok, I know it's (and I'm) ridiculous, and I'm the slowest and least committed game developer ever. However, after having spent some more time in Beijing, Inner Mongolia, Germany, and the Czech Republic, I'm now back in Shanghai, and, for the future, have decided to travel less and work more, and...
  10. So how's Darghul coming along?

Vielen Dank, Lecithina! Es freut mich sehr, daß Dir beide Spiele so gut gefallen haben. Mangels ausreichender Zeit und Engagement meinerseits dauert es leider wirklich ewig, aber früher oder später werde ich DARGHUL wirklich fertigstellen.
  11. Screenshots

If you press ALT+P, a screenshot file Teudogar_xxx.BMP should be saved to your Teudogar.SAV saved games folder.
  12. Dialogoption fehlt

Teudogar: Priest @ Ziu's Grove won't teach you to cast spells inspite of you bringing his requested payment: This may be a 'punishment' for you not being on his side, or having previously stolen anything from the temple area or caused any other mayhem there. Möglicherweise streikt der...
  13. So how's Darghul coming along?

Sorry for my long silence. After some time in Germany and then again China (Chongqing and Chengdu), I've done quite a bit of work on DARGHUL. Sure, it takes ages; and I realize it's (and I am) quite ridiculous; but whenever I can, I still squeeze in a couple of hours of work on this project...
  14. So how's Darghul coming along?

almondblight: thank you for taking the time and trouble to share your observations on China. I agree with much of what you say; and we certainly both agree that China isn't Switzerland or Sweden, and won't be anytime soon. Of course there are plenty of injustices, huge inequality, corruption...
  15. Teudogar, how to get rid of the messed up colors?

Sorry for my quite terrible delay in replying. Yes, Teudogar uses a very, very old-fashioned 8 bit 256 colour palettized graphics mode, and in some constellations Windows messes up the colour palette. I'm currently working on porting Teudogar to 16 or 32 bit non-palettized truecolor mode, and...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom