Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Wesp5

1. Wesp5

The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition - Obsidian's first-person sci-fi RPG set in a corporate space colony

I agree. I believe I basically used a unique chaingun I found on the first map throughout most of the game and it was good enough! I only switched weapons to give myself some variety ;).
  2. Wesp5

Cain on Games - Tim Cain's new YouTube channel

Wrong, Bloodlines of course :)!
  3. Wesp5

Again this is pretty much exactly what the Star Wars sequels did and interesting enough, Tim did not mention them in his video while he did mention Star Trek and other franchises like Dune or Conan where the lore changes didn't break the story!
  4. Wesp5

The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition - Obsidian's first-person sci-fi RPG set in a corporate space colony

But this would still mean 100% certain death for everybody, just later. If they bring only the same people out of stasis that couldn't find a solution to the starvation problem for all the years the colony has been established, why should this suddenly work? Why would other colonies move...
  5. Wesp5

I imagine that Tim and Leonard came up with the premise and general plot and the junior writers messed it up, because Tim often said that he can't write and I never heard that Leonard wrote something either. I bet with Bloodlines it was the same at first, either them or Jason came up with the...
  6. Wesp5

Can you remind me again what her plan was? Wasn't it freezing everbody until the problems magically disappears? Without any new scientists to work on it except for the idiots the game showed being active at the time?
  7. Wesp5

I didn't preorder, I am not stupid ;)! It seems to be the same problem though, TCR doesn't understand what made Bloodlines a classic and V5 basically destroyed much of the V20 lore to bring young hipster vampires to the front.
  8. Wesp5

Which reminds me of Vampire - The Masquerade V5 edition and the upcoming Bloodlines 2...
  9. Wesp5

Again, this sounds exactly like nuking the New Republic in the Star Wars sequels! Just destroy everything positive the old creators have done so you can rebuild the world like you like it...
  10. Wesp5

I think most creators will feel honored if their niche work advances into main stream, even if it is butchered. Just remember what they did in Richard Morgan's "Altered Carbon" adaptation and others.
  11. Wesp5

Revisiting VtM: Bloodlines

Yes, I didn't touch that. I only restored a lot of Rik's unused songs elsewhere and replaced a duplicate one in the plus patch...
  12. Wesp5

So that didn't happen in any of the newer Fallout games? In that case it really is stupid, just as much as killing of the New Republic in the Star Wars sequels only to repeat the story of the original movies.
  13. Wesp5

Revisiting VtM: Bloodlines

I completely agree. Upscaling original textures by AI is fine for people who need this, although those mods crash a lot, but why completely change e.g. poster and pictures? That's not what a HD mod should be about!
  14. Wesp5

No, because their creators didn't understand their own creation years later and basically killed the franchises themselves.
  15. Wesp5

I haven't seen the Fallout show yet, but that reminds me of the Alien and Terminator franchises...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom