Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Waterd

1. KickStarter The Iron Oath - turn-based strategy RPG with awesome pixel art

Most fights are very similar, with a few notable exceptions is your 4 characters on one side an dthe 4 enemy characters in the other. Something that I'm very surprised because on paper is no tthat way is also every character and enemy are kinda of "samey", they all move kinda a the same speed...
  2. KickStarter The Iron Oath - turn-based strategy RPG with awesome pixel art

I really wanted to like this one, but the combat is so shallow and you do the same again and again with the game not really forcing you to change that tactic you figured out in the third fight.
  3. KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

AFter 3 hours gameplay my first impression is really bad. Looks worse than KOTC 1, Worse UI, worse help, more convoluted, and even starts worse and even somehow more generic. I loved kotc1 and did 16 runs because i enjoyed that much but i'm so far not enjoying this experience, wonder how others...
  4. KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

Lool in my country after conversion is 2.40 dollars LOL, I was gonna pay whatever, but i take it for the 2 dollars and 40 cents.
  5. Grand Strategy Best space 4X

Master of orion 1, the remake dominus galaxia is pretty good and imo better than remnants of the precursors.
  6. Game News Knights of the Chalice 2 releasing for real on March 25th

People telling others how much they should charge for their thousand of hours of work, and call it a rip-off, rise my misanthropy levels to over 9000.
  7. KickStarter The Iron Oath - turn-based strategy RPG with awesome pixel art

It's the first Tactical RPG that is Turn based and party based with a fantasy theme, that tries to be an actual strategy game for what i see. Decisions are intended to be decision , exploring, disarming traps, how long it takes to win combat, everthing seems to cost time and time seems to have a...
  8. KickStarter The Iron Oath - turn-based strategy RPG with awesome pixel art

I've tried the demo, and I've not been this hyped about an upcoming RPG release since KOTC2, and before that....i don't know if i can think of one. I hope it delivers what it promises. It tries to be an actual game instead of just a toylike experience.
  9. Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Did this entry improved the tons and tons of useless fights the previous game had? I couldnt go through it because it was just so tedius...I liked the rest, but htat was gamebreaking.
  10. Turn-Based Tactics Summoner wars 2E- 1v1 Tactical Fantasy.

Sadly it's not backward compatible which is one of the two things they are getting backlash, the other being the art. I have everything Sw1, but i don't mind. But I understand a lot of people do. Yes, in options you can turn ON being able to attack your units. However as per the new rules, you...
  11. Turn-Based Tactics Summoner wars 2E- 1v1 Tactical Fantasy.

The answer of the designer of why he changed the art style. is that he wanted a fresh look that feel modern, but also he wanted to " broaden" the audience appeal. Personally I love the art , however it has been the most divisive point no doubt, with some people outright rejecting the game by...
  12. Turn-Based Tactics Summoner wars 2E- 1v1 Tactical Fantasy.

Well as i said is a matter of how it plays not how it looks.
  13. Turn-Based Tactics Summoner wars 2E- 1v1 Tactical Fantasy.

This is a pure tactical game, no RPG. It's 1v1 with a fantasy theme. It's based on the tabletop game, but they are going for a full digital version. Is a tactical game and full disclosure i'm a zealot for this game, I think it's the best 1v1 tactical themed game on the market, and can't get...
  14. Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

After solasta left me itchy for good tactical rpg, i made the mistake of going back to pathfinder kingmaker. The combat design is so atrocious, it's basically diablo with 6 characters. 90% of fights (maybe more) are just bags of meats going for you, the most lazy design in combat possible. I...
  15. KickStarter Solasta Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

My fear is that on full release they rely on repetitive encounters., several RPG early on start with non repetitive encounters, then somewhere arond 1/3 of the game they seem to get bored or lazy and just throw mob after mob to you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom