Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Sothpaw

1. Sothpaw

Preview First Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay details revealed

FP is better for any 3d game that involves shooting a gun.
  2. Sothpaw

Preview First Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay details revealed

3rd person perspective is shit for shooters. CDPR made the correct choice. Combat has always been shit in the Witcher games and fp will make it much easier for CDPR to implement at least decent combat. Also that trailer was as good as trailers get.
  3. Sothpaw

Eternity PoE II: Deadfire Sales Analysis Thread

So this is the third flop in a row for Obsidian.
  4. Sothpaw

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

I didn't play POE until 2017, and won't play this one until all DLC is released and they're done patching. Not sure if that is a factor for a bunch of other ppl, but it certainly is for me. Still though, 21K on the first weekend is very weak. I honestly don't think Obsidian will release...
  5. Sothpaw

Game News Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Released

Peak of 20K players on Steam. After this and the Tyranny disaster I wonder if Obsidian stays afloat. At the very least I don't expect to see another isometric game from them anytime soon.
  6. Sothpaw

From Software Dark Souls 3

This one seemed longer than the first DS3 dlc to me. There are 4 bosses and some pretty nice new weapons. Can't say I have any complaints on the length.
  7. Sothpaw

From Software Dark Souls 3

Just finished the Ringed City. I wasn't a huge fan of the heat seeking laser angels. Other than that, was a solid DLC. I really enjoyed the first and final bosses, especially the final boss. He is fairly challenging but never cheap. The "secret" boss was pretty challenging as well, but...
  8. Sothpaw

Preview Shocking Report From RPS: First Hours of Mass Effect: Andromeda Stinks

Not buying because I won't support a company who employs trash like Manveer (on top of the fact that Bioware makes trash videogames). Plus, you can't even order companions to use abilities so it is now even more of a below average tps.
  9. Sothpaw

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Thread

Hmm so first Tyranny flops then this flops (talking sales wise). I would maybe start to worry if the POE2 campaign wasn't so successful. I suppose you can write it up to Tyranny being a new IP and Torment simply not having a large appeal (shit gameplay, all story). Admittedly I haven't...
  10. Sothpaw

Baldur's Gate Beamdog's Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 Enhanced Editions

Release was a total fucking disaster. http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/baldurs-gate-siege-of-dragonspear-released.107886/page-28#post-4499911
  11. Sothpaw

Poll: Obsidian's worst rpg

People voting for Pillars :hero:. Played everything on the list except for AP and Tyranny (will play soon). I have only played the demo for DS3 and that alone was enough to make me vote for it. South Park is also a major piece of shit.
  12. Sothpaw

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Pre-Release Thread [BETA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Backed $98. I'm playing Pillars for the first time right now and I honestly love it. I'm guessing the game has come a long way since release. Not happy with the companion choices in Pillars II at all, still no dwarf companion (Sagani isn't a dwarf idgaf).
  13. Sothpaw

Game News Pillars of Eternity II Fig Update #17: Intelligent Weapon Stretch Goal, Q&A Stream #4

I am playing through Pillars for the first time now and honestly I really like it in it's current form. Backed Pillars II but man the companions look fucking terrible. Give us a goddamn real dwarf with a huge beard and axe not fucking Sagani or the :prosper: in Pillars II.
  14. Sothpaw

Community The Age of Incline: RPG Codex's 2012-2016 GOTY Results

Witcher 3? :hero: I am only just playing Pillars for the first time now and have the benefit of all patches and both expansions. Can't speak on the game at release, but it's really good now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom