Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Shin

1. Shin

Game News The Wayward Realms coming to Kickstarter in May

They'll have to improve on that pitch. Give some examples of C&C, what are the "deep and complex systems" supposed to do? Better yet, show a little gameplay slice to get the audience an impression on what they're backing. Right now it seems all very vague. I'm a nostalgic fan of DF, but this...
  2. Shin

Baldur's Gate So... Which Studio Should Replace Larian As The Developer of Baldur's Gate 4?

Kojima Productions obviously. "God son man" grows up thinking he's a Bhaalspawn, but find out his father is actually himself from the past, possessed by a rogue machine created by the spiritual remnant of Bhaal which manifests as a '64 Corvette driven by a Goblin who's gagged with a pack of...
  3. Shin

Elder Scrolls The Elder Scrolls VI - officially announced but you'll have to wait

Maybe Todd will take lessons from Larian's succes and apply them to TESVI? "See that Deathclaw in the distance? You can fuck it!"
  4. Shin

Incline RPG Codex's Best RPGs - 2024 - VOTE ONLY THREAD

It'd be nice if this ( or the next similar) thread would also include the number of times people have played the games on their top RPG list. It'd be interesting to see which games float to the top (older games obviously have an advantage here, but who's complaining?).
  5. Shin

Elder Scrolls Best Elder Scrolls character?

i always liked this dude: seems like a chap with character
  6. Shin

Incline RPG Codex's Best RPGs - 2024 - VOTE ONLY THREAD

Top RPG's: - Baldur's Gate II - Planescape: Torment - Arcanum - Fallout - Fallout 2 - Gothic - Disco Elysium - Morrowind - Deus Ex - VtM Bloodlines
  7. Shin

Game News Swordhaven: Iron Conspiracy now on Kickstarter, demo available

I have a funny feeling my foster father might be in mortal danger during the first act. Either way, I'm ready for my party of adventurers to tour the Sword coast Haven to investigate the iron crisis conspiracy.
  8. Shin

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Welp, I didn't read this thread, waited a few months before trying BG3 (I was going to play it to form my own opinion, being a huge BG1/2 fan) and managed to finish it a few weeks ago. The combat is enjoyable enough (as the D:OS games were), the D&D mechanics are a lot simpler than I was...
  9. Shin

Community RPG Codex GOTY 2023: Results & Cool Graphs

What? Fallout 3 is not comparable to 1 and 2? How? That's just stupid. Hard to take Fallout 3 haters seriously when they say dumb shit like this.
  10. Shin

KickStarter Swordhaven: Iron Conspiracy - BG1-inspired low fantasy RPG From the ATOM TEAM - Kickstarter Live

it's because general (and/or younger) audiences want to feel like special snowflakes you start off as a farmboy who gets bullied by bulky (and/or rich) kids who hit on your love interest who isn't really into them, then the village gets attacked and by special circumstances you escape the...
  11. Shin

Game News Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 Extended Gameplay Reveal

the combat looks less janky than VtmB's combat. there, the only positive comment concerning this POS you'll find in the thread!
  12. Shin

Development Info Avowed Deep Dive at Xbox Developer Direct 2024

If The Outer Worlds was the beginning of the end for Obsidian, this is certainly the second act.
  13. Shin

New Kojima Game.

I truly hope that by this time he has an editor who slaps him around a couple of times to keep him in check. While I enjoyed the core gameplay loop of Death Stranding, and I do applaud the fact that Kojima isn't afraid to tread new ground in some ways, his storytelling is a big pile of shit. It...
  14. Shin

Game News Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Released

I've been waiting for this one so I can play it in about a year. Hope it's good.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom