Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Sannom

1. Incline Josh Sawyer appreciation station

The fuck is this shit ? This isn't the news section you idiot!
  2. Eternity Avowed - Obsidian's first person action-RPG in the Pillars of Eternity setting - coming Fall 2024

Do Psionics need to have a "living" target for all their powers and do they gain resources throughout a fight like Ciphers do ? I honestly don't know.
  3. Eternity Avowed - Obsidian's first person action-RPG in the Pillars of Eternity setting - coming Fall 2024

We don't know. I personally believe that Ciphers won't be heavily represented in the skill trees, but we don't have any solid information on it.
  4. The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition - Obsidian's first-person sci-fi RPG set in a corporate space colony

The flaw system would have worked better if they hadn't emptied the perk selection to fill up the automatic rewards associated to skill progression. I'm really curious to see if they will keep that system in the sequel, it's a nice idea in theory but the knock-on effects on the "legacy" system...
  5. Obsidian General Discussion Thread

Whoever wrote this is probably french. Although I'm surprised that they don't make the opposite mistake, that's what happens most often with french people used to english nowadays.
  6. The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition - Obsidian's first-person sci-fi RPG set in a corporate space colony

Well, that might still be the case, since the action will reportedly happen in a completely different system. In fact the only thing from the trailer that I expect to be relevant to the final game is the armor design (very different from the previous games) and the fact that they have jetpacks.
  7. Incline Josh Sawyer appreciation station

Didn't that get the founder of Retro Studios kicked out of his company by Nintendo's big-ass boot ?
  8. Alpha Protocol

PST had least had flashy combat, what with the very in-your-face spell effects, the "we're not done, don't you move" spell effects and the "please enjoy this cinematic" spell effects. Long story short, play a wizard, the attribute distribution naturally lend to the best dialogues and you get to...
  9. Alpha Protocol

You gotta keep someone around to get you to the last level after all. Also the reason it's so hard to make him absolutely mad at Thorton.
  10. Eternity Pillars of Eternity + The White March Expansion Thread

I disagree. There is definitely some racist/speciest bias behind the plot to have Vela turned into soul soup for the Three-Tusks Stelgaer leader. It's mostly because he wants his bloodline to remain at the head of the tribe, but making sure that it doesn't go to an Orlan outsider is absolutely...
  11. Alpha Protocol

Well it was about a plot by a company that made bank thanks to the Cold War trying to start a new one because their whole operation was unsuited to what came after. Of course, considering that one of their idea to make more profits was to sell high-tech anti-air weaponry on the black market...
  12. inXile General Discussion Thread

Obsidian shipped Grounded (left Early Access in 2021) and Pentiment (released at the end of 2022) under Microsoft and they're supposed to release Avowed this year, with The Outer Worlds 2 in the works. Double Fine finished and released Psychonauts 2 under Microsoft, no word on what's coming...
  13. Eternity Avowed - Obsidian's first person action-RPG in the Pillars of Eternity setting - coming Fall 2024

It's probably another one of those things they're keeping under wraps for later in the marketing cycle. I'm not expecting anything ground-breaking, probably just the Deadfire skill system although I'm not sure we will get active and passive skills, I'm betting on it being all passive, with...
  14. Eternity Pillars of Eternity + The White March Expansion Thread

Why ? A +5 bonus to accuracy is nothing to sneeze at this level and the added bonus of a one-time protection against all Perception afflictions is nice too.
  15. Josh Sawyer Q&A Thread

He's already said that he didn't really like the Enhanced Edition, specifically the BG2 kits.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom