Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Kersey

1. Kersey

What game introduced you to the genre?

Ultima 7 and Ultima Underworld were the first ones I played around with, though I didn't complete either one until much later. Fallout (1) was the first one that really hooked me and I played it to the end with a seriously gimped character, not really knowing how to play this kind of game. It...
  2. Kersey

Wasteland inXile's Wasteland 1 Re-Release

Yes it does. It's probably the only version available but the "enhanced" version is known as Wasteland 1: The Original Classic. If it has that kind of title it should be a safe bet it's the version you're talking about.
  3. Kersey

Gold Box SSI's Gold Box Series Thread

Why aren't you able to patch your version? The official 1.1 patch fixed most of the known problems with DQK as far as I know. But I haven't made it that far in my Gold Box run so it's not like I have played DQK extensively. Just interested.
  4. Kersey

Gold Box SSI's Gold Box Series Thread

Parameter 1 set to Hoop Skips the title screen Allows turning on/off of the debugging Allows player affect dumping Parameter 2 set to Gem Skips the copy protection Allows ‘The Gods intervene!”, via alt-x Allows area view in all locations The code has support for ‘Turning on/off free training...
  5. Kersey

KickStarter Chaos Reborn - remake of Julian Gollop classic

http://af.gog.com/game/chaos_reborn?as=1649904300 Now on GOG.com.
  6. Kersey

Wizardry Wizardry III: Legacy of Llylgamyn - made by Andrew Greenberg.

Hmm.. I've played through the first two games with that version and as far as I could tell everything was in English. Though I think I used the manual for spell descriptions and such, but that's the way it probably was with the original version anyway. I guess the text they added for the PS1...
  7. Kersey

Wizardry Wizardry III: Legacy of Llylgamyn - made by Andrew Greenberg.

The PS1 games already have an English language option, or did you mean something else?
  8. Kersey

Ultima The Ultima Series Discussion Thread

Looks so close when you put it like that, doesn't it? Nevertheless, there was more than a year between the two. Though I think I misunderstood the point the post I quoted was trying to make anyway ("an older game like this other old game" instead of "a game older than this game I'm talking...
  9. Kersey

Ultima The Ultima Series Discussion Thread

Just felt like pointing out that Betrayal at Krondor was released way after Ultima VII.
  10. Kersey

Bard's Tale The Bard's Tale Trilogy - remaster by Krome Studios

That's some weird shit there with the aspect ratios changing from screen to screen. I wonder what the finished game will be using.
  11. Kersey

GOG.com

I have that too, though it isn't the nice ring-bound one. Digital copies travel easier though. Not that I'd fire up Falcon 4.0 on a laptop without so much as a joystick, really. But some fun could be had with the older games in the series.
  12. Kersey

GOG.com

The not too long ago released Falcon Collection is 50% off now. http://af.gog.com/game/falcon_collection?as=1649904300 Pretty cool, but... no manuals for most of the games? Seriously? Releasing a bunch flight simulators of all things with no manuals?
  13. Kersey

Earthsiege/Tribes free now

Looks like just an .iso file with nothing added. The Sierra Help installer already makes things easier though: http://sierrahelp.com/Patches-Updates/NewSierraInstallers.html#ESXP
  14. Kersey

Warhammer Classic Warhammer/Warhammer 40K games released on GOG

The original font is easily readable. But you could always remove it from your system to achieve the same result with the original game.
  15. Kersey

Warhammer Classic Warhammer/Warhammer 40K games released on GOG

Screenshot of Rites of War: Screenshot of the GOG release: Looks like they didn't bother to include the font Rites of War wants to install on your system. I remember it was a slight problem when installing Rites of War on my Windows XP machine as well, I would have to manually install the font...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom