Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by jfunk

1. jfunk

Grimoire Thread

I just want to say that I don't care about Grimoire. I just keep reading and posting on virtually every page of this thread to prove how little I care. I used to have a part time job at the Sizzler, but I quit so I could spend enough time proving I don't care about this topic. You don't even...
  2. jfunk

Grimoire Thread

Thank you. These thoughts are along the "no RNG" bullshit. When in a battle involving 15+ combatants, you can't necessarily choose to stab THAT particular bug. You gotta fight the target that presents itself. So many people miss concept around the phased combat system. I'm not saying it's...
  3. jfunk

Grimoire Thread

This is why we can't have nice things.
  4. jfunk

Grimoire Thread

On another note, I find myself in possession of an extra Grimoire backer key via not having the patience to wait for it at launch. Any truly needy codexers out there still lacking?
  5. jfunk

Grimoire Thread

Man, I've been crazy busy with projects at work for a couple weeks and check in to all this pepe drama. Who knew the codex was full of such sensitive types. It's perfectly clear that he wasn't banned for his review, but the little girl-fight with Cleve that ensued in the aftermath. Sure, it's...
  6. jfunk

Grimoire Thread

Cleve, I think what he means is that you have many legitimate customers using the tools. If you break the tools, you'll negatively impact the experience of some of your paying customers. I haven't messed with Decline yet, but at some point after I've completed the game on my own I certainly...
  7. jfunk

Crispy's Grimoire Technical/Gameplay Tips Only (no spoilers) Thread

I wouldn't call that a spoiler, it's simply an attribute on bunch of the weapons (axes and spears/lances seem to almost all have it). Cleve was telling people on the Steam threads that EITHER the player skill Lethal Blow OR the weapon attribute Lethal could trigger a critical hit, but so far...
  8. jfunk

Grimoire Thread

Ahh, I never even noticed that icon before. Thanks, that's pretty useful (although I guess less so for games that aren't available exclusively on Steam). So this guy created the non-Steam shortcut for Grimoire just to rub it in even. You'd think advertising that you're playing a stolen game...
  9. jfunk

Grimoire Thread

Cleve, I know you're busy but I'm sitting on a couple backer keys and I'd love to share the Grimoire with others. I've sent a couple inquiries (to the address the keys came from and via Indiegogo) regarding the logistics of gifting them but haven't heard anything back. The email explicitly...
  10. jfunk

Grimoire Thread

I'm sure there's a better way for Cleve to tell if he owns it or not. I do want to point out, that while I'm not sure if it still holds true now there was a point earlier where many legit owners were playing Grimoire from a copied folder (to preserve different versions). They may have setup a...
  11. jfunk

Grimoire Thread

Every game does not go on sale during Steam sales. A ton yes, but not all.
  12. jfunk

Grimoire Thread

Err, strategic does not mean static results to decisions. Not sure why you would even try to suggest that. Of course it's an opinion, I even stated as much, thanks for repeating that. Your opinion is stupid horseshit. IMO. You're literally arguing that every time a soldier pulls the...
  13. jfunk

Grimoire gameplay and hints thread

So I really told myself THIS party was going to be the one and I wasn't going to restart again. Drake Warrior Saurian Berseker Barrower Metalsmith Wolfin Ranger Drow Wizard Wolfin Cleric Drow Bard Aeorb Sage And I really like the party, except the Drow Wizard really seems like a drag. I...
  14. jfunk

Grimoire Thread

Absolutely. Knowing the precise results of every action before you choose it in a combat simulation is stupid, IMO. It's good for Chess, not good for deciding whether or not I should try a really difficult shot when the consequences of failure might mean death. If knew I was going to hit 100%...
  15. jfunk

Grimoire Thread

Ha! I did indeed! jfunk <--- outed himself as a retard. That being said, you still missed the entire point of the post you ranted against, which was discussing the what & how difficulty of these games, nothing to do with fighting the UI. And what he said is absolutely true. The first...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom