Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Hobo Elf

1. Hobo Elf

Bought ATOM RPG. Wish me luck in the пустошь!

Bought ATOM RPG. Wish me luck in the пустошь!
  2. Hobo Elf

Atlus Metaphor: ReFantazio Thread - Atlus JRPG by Persona Veterans

This kills the Squeenix. My initial kneejerk reaction to the first reveal of the game was disgust, but it really does look more like a fantasy RPG with Persona flavor instead of being a straight up fantasy Persona game. A GOOD fantasy RPG from all that I've seen and heard. 2024 is looking to be...
  3. Hobo Elf

Cain on Games - Tim Cain's new YouTube channel

Problem (for Bethesda) with Fallout 2 and New Vegas is that the writers for those games were clearly trying to push the setting toward a "post-post apocalyptic" era with proper cities and law enforcement. Getting rid of the NCR is a good thing for them since it not only gets rid of one of the...
  4. Hobo Elf

Incline Okay let's be real here... Which games can never be RPGs?

A skilled player wouldn't find themselves in a situation where they only have such poor odds. A skilled player will always use all the tools available to mitigate bad outcomes and increase their chances to get favorable results whereas a novice might not even know what tools they are missing out...
  5. Hobo Elf

No, what are YOU talking about? I'm saying that even turn based stat driven combat is just as much based on a players skill as something that requires good reflexes, it's just a different kind of skill. The idea that player skill has zero application in, say, the combat resolution of Underrail...
  6. Hobo Elf

Right, but knowledge and its application is also a skill. It's impossible to remove player skill from the equation when it comes to how well you perform in an RPG, unless the intention of the OP was to exclude all player skill that relates to hand-eye coordination specifically.
  7. Hobo Elf

Not sure if the OP is simplifying player skill as merely having good reflexes or if the intention was just to exclude twitch based player skill specifically. There tends to be a wide gap between someone who is good at a cRPG and someone who isn't.
  8. Hobo Elf

Atlus Shin Megami Tensei V - It's been hurting my OCD.

SMT5 essentially already has save anywhere which is why it's a non issue. You can teleport anywhere at anytime to a warp location and save. This doesn't consume any item or MP. Running back to where you were is trivial as there is no danger in SMT5s travel. Most bosses have a warp location close...
  9. Hobo Elf

Atlus Shin Megami Tensei V - It's been hurting my OCD.

Saving anywhere doesn't really change anything in SMT5.
  10. Hobo Elf

KickStarter Grim Dawn

Doesn't matter. You can pick any of those combos and still go pure phys. The magical damage types are just an extra option. Many of them have utility spells and passives that are useful for all characters, but especially melee oriented characters. Also you don't go pure one class unless you are...
  11. Hobo Elf

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 - VTMB sequel from The Chinese Room - coming Fall 2024

The Chinese Room + Paradox and some people STILL think there will be anything remotely playable at the end of this tunnel. Just let it go.
  12. Hobo Elf

KickStarter Grim Dawn

Lots of options. Soldier + Occultist (Possession and Blood of Dreeg), Soldier + Arcanist (Mirror of Ereoctes, Maiven's Sphere), Soldier + Necromancer (Spectral Binding, Mark of Torment), Soldier + Shaman (Wendigo Totem, Mogdrogen's Pact, Primal Bond), Soldier + Demolitionist (Vindictive Flame...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom