Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Geckabor

1. Geckabor

Incline RPG Codex's Best RPGs - 2024 - VOTE ONLY THREAD

Top RPGs: Gothic The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Fallout: New Vegas Knights of the Chalice Battle Brothers Enderal Kingdom Come: Deliverance ELEX Gothic 2 I'll add some comments for the hidden gems, for more context. Hidden Gems: Thea: The Awakening - IMO more of an RPG than strategy game...
  2. Geckabor

Incline Okay let's be real here... Which games can never be RPGs?

After observing so many of these threads over the years, the best conclusion I could come up with (and I know some will hate this) is: If it feels like an RPG, it's an RPG. Call it unsupervised clustering, if you will.
  3. Geckabor

Incline Colony Ship RELEASE THREAD

Chapter 1 of Colony Ship is my favorite ITS game. The learn-by-doing system really worked well with the fairly open structure it had. Had the whole game been more open, this would have easily gotten my GOTY vote and maybe even gotten into my top 10 RPGs of all time. Oh well.
  4. Geckabor

Fallout Are the first two Fallouts still considered the gold standard for reactive worlds?

Fallout: New Vegas is definitely the new gold standard here. Best I can think of is Age of Decadence.
  5. Geckabor

Vapourware Unforetold: Witchstone (formerly Project Witchstone) - "living world" sandbox RPG with turn-based combat - CANCELLED

Decided to give this a go, but the start is rough. Two crashes right after the first introductory fight and dialogue.
  6. Geckabor

Incline Colony Ship RELEASE THREAD

I'm playing a melee blade + critical strike character that also occasionally does some stealth. So far I've got the +1 PER and +1 DEX implants and I'm not sure what my last one should be. I'm considering +1 INT, the armor or the heart implant. Any suggestions?
  7. Geckabor

Game News The Iron Oath Released

Was really underwhelmed by the combat system a few years ago, when there was a playable demo. Unfortunately, I think this game looks better than it actually is...but maybe it has improved since then.
  8. Geckabor

Which RPG has the deepest, most fun tactical combat you have ever seen? (presumably TB)

Gonna have to go with Battle Brothers. A lot of good systems (armor, morale, injuries, AP) combined with high lethality makes for combat that feels amazing. Also the audiovisual aspects are so underrated in this game. Every blow also just looks and sounds impactful, even though the devs weren't...
  9. Geckabor

KotC 2 is amazing

Daily reminder that many codexers were outraged about it even making top 3 in the GOTY vote.
  10. Geckabor

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

Half the size of the map but spend the same quality time on it as now. Also, change the upgrading weapon system in a way so that you can experiment with weapons more: Maybe the upgrade items aren't consumed but permanent bonuses that you can apply via the smith to any weapon? Something like that...
  11. Geckabor

KickStarter Balrum

My main issue with the game was that progression halted very early. As soon as you get to the guilds, you unlock all abilities for your class and there's not much to do afterwards, except that you still need a long way to go until the game is done. That being said, I liked the atmosphere...
  12. Geckabor

A List of RPGs - A Codex Collaboration

I'd like to contribute at some point but I have two questions: If there are multiple publishers and release dates depending on the region, which one should be written down? Are the tags subjective or should they be copied from Steam/GOG? Do you trust us to just enter something ourselves? A...
  13. Geckabor

ELEX ELEX II - Jax is back

PB is that guy from school you knew that seemed to often get bad grades and then suddenly ace a test that everyone else failed. It's really hard to understand what's going on with them.
  14. Geckabor

Best and Worst RPG of 2022 (Votes tallied!)

Best potential: KOTC 2 The module editor allows for really cool stuff to be made fairly easily and there already is Hearkenworld which is pretty nice and quite different to Pierre's module. Sadly, the userbase is just so small and the main adventure module is already infamous. Best area in a...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom