Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by DefJam101

1. DefJam101

Are there any codex approved games that are actually good?

realms of arkania: blade of destiny HD
  2. DefJam101

Blobbers - what's the appeal?

wizardry-style blobbers actually have solid combat flow compared to the majority of grid-based games. the lack of a convoluted movement phase tends to make protracted combat more tolerable despite the diminished complexity imo even in something like wizardry 8, which has pseudo-positioning and...
  3. DefJam101

System Shock 1 vs 2 - Which is better and why?

Some low-poly 3d is genuinely good, though. See: basically every good horror game ever made or shit like Interstate '76
  4. DefJam101

System Shock 1 vs 2 - Which is better and why?

strife: quest for the sigil
  5. DefJam101

butthurt filter

tfw you joined this forum nearly a decade ago when you're only two and a half decades old
  6. DefJam101

FOSS games with "open world" or "nonlinear gameplay"?

inb4 lengthy debate over proper usage of the term FOSS
  7. DefJam101

Vapourware System Shock 3 by OtherSide Entertainment - taken over by Tencent!

why is it people think generic plug n play development tools can create genuinely good FPS games FPS development can't center around high-level gameplay like it can with RPGs because low level shit like controls, physics and the "feel" of gameplay matter way more in an action title
  8. DefJam101

Which RPG genre conventions would you change if making your dream game?

Loot-focused economies in games that take place over a long period of time bother me the most. I like RPGs where the player characters have expenses beyond buying new weapons and armor — things like food, clothing, camping equipment, magical potions, antidotes, medical services, transportation...
  9. DefJam101

Which is your opinion about Trial and error in videogames?

I was able to beat Dark Souls, on my first playthrough, having not played Demon Souls, with about ~15 deaths, most of which came from the Capra Demon. The Souls games are only "trial and error" if you rush forward carelessly — exactly the sort of modern play style they were designed to punish.
  10. DefJam101

ELEX Pre-Release Thread

ITT people operate under the assumption that Gothic games would be improved by the presence of a "good combat system"
  11. DefJam101

KickStarter Serpent in the Staglands Thread

Anyone know if there's a way to rebind the scroll camera hotkeys? I'd much rather scroll the camera with WASD than mouse. Having fun otherwise.
  12. DefJam101

Crispy™ So, has Jaesun gone for good?

I have been very busy with real life shit and computer roleplaying games are for fat nerds anyway edit: rip jaesun

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom