Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Danlok

1. Danlok

Game News Larian is making Baldur's Gate 3

My biggest issue with this is the grid locked movement D:OS2 has; spells and AoE worked fine but you were stuck on a chess board. I prefer the ToEE systems for D&D, even if tile-based is closer to P&P edit: Think I confused D:OS 2 with something else! I really did not care for D:OS 2 enough to...
  2. Danlok

Preview The Outer Worlds Gameplay Footage, Previews and Interviews

Well, it's an amazing mod at least
  3. Danlok

Interview Fargo, Sawyer, McComb and others weigh in on the future of RPGs at Rock Paper Shotgun

If medium sized RPGs die I'm okay with that, even D:OS 1 and 2 which did well commercially seem uninspired. Underrail was great as just one example, and if there are enough fans to keep smaller games with a greater focus alive that's all I care about. We need fellow RPG zealots with their own...
  4. Danlok

Codex Review RPG Codex Review: BATTLETECH

I would add a free action evasive piloting morale skill, where you get a bonus to your evasion over your cap if you were moving during the turn and activate it before your turn ends. Basically perfect piloting, but without an outrageous bonus like precision strike. You're right though, the...
  5. Danlok

Codex Review RPG Codex Review: BATTLETECH

I think it is good, but it needs a nerf. Morale is too common, you gain it each turn passively as well as by doing damage and destroying enemies. If you start with a healthy amount you can steam roll enemies by using precision strikes, which replenishes morale too easily. Inspiration for...
  6. Danlok

E3 2018 - Official Codex Thread - June 9th to 14th - Press Conferences, Trailers and Interviews

Haven't played Battlefield since BF2 but I liked what I saw of Battlefield 5 Cyberpunk 2077 was unexpected; I'll withhold judgement for now Dying Light 2, Rage 2, Gears Tactics I might pick up on sale Metro Exodus looks good imo; same formula that I enjoy 'My Friend Pedro' and Night Call were...
  7. Danlok

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

RTwP ship combat where my wizards can fireball the enemy ship while my crew fire the cannons would have been great. The current system is mediocre at best
  8. Danlok

RPG Codex Interview: Chris Avellone on Pillars Cut Content, Game Development Hierarchies and More

Is system shock still happening Chris? Not sure what else you have going on but that project completed is all I want in life
  9. Danlok

Game News Pillars of Eternity II expansion DLCs revealed

The variety is good; I'd rather have more unique settings and side quests than an additional story heavy plot line in the middle of the main game. Post game expansions would have also been good. The White March distracted from the main story with Thaos and the leaden key.
  10. Danlok

Game News Pillars of Eternity II gets full voice acting

I'm glad they ended up doing full voice-over for POE2 because the VO in the first game was great. For example, Durance realizing Magran had betrayed/tried to kill him was much more interesting because of his voice acting.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom