Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Chunkyman

1. Chunkyman

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition

Story-wise, relatively little. IIRC people could beat the game viably with Lone Wolf too.
  2. Chunkyman

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Surprised Jahaeira's voice actress isn't the original one. Sounded pretty much dead-on to me in the trailer.
  3. Chunkyman

Elder Scrolls Todd Howard Appreciation Thread

For all the grief I've given him and Bethesda for EA-style laziness and dumbing down The Elder Scrolls, his enthusiasm is really infectious. He still talks like a young person (in a good way).
  4. Chunkyman

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

This sounds jokey but I think Star Citizen will be in development longer than Grimoire took. These people make Cleve look timely.
  5. Chunkyman

The Worst RPG You Spent The Most Hours On

Dragon Age II, one of the worst games in general I've ever played and finished the whole thing. Skyrim had many more hours but it wasn't completely shit as it still functioned okay as a hiking simulator (next game is likely fucked without Jeremy Soule btw).
  6. Chunkyman

Game News Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access release date announcement on August 18th

I really don't understand why they would have Dorito Pope at this panel, but I do like Larian's very open style of development updates and info dumps even though this isn't a Kickstarter game.
  7. Chunkyman

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

The last few times I played it wasn't functionally playable, I kept getting random crashes or game breaking bugs. I'll give it another year if/when they release one of their big hype expos where they show off new features added in the next major pass. As it was, the gameplay I did experience was...
  8. Chunkyman

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

The timer idea seems unlikely to be implemented. Swen mentioned that the game is going to have a lot of exploration and poking around places looking for stuff, which would be difficult to do if you have a clock always ticking down and you're just trying to steamroll through to wherever you get...
  9. Chunkyman

What is more enjoyable, playing CRPGs or talking about them here?

It's right next to the definition of RPG.
  10. Chunkyman

Game News System Shock 3 has been acquired by Tencent

Considering how bad Underworld Ascendant was, this can only be a good thing. Normally I would feel bad for a company going under, but Otherside essentially burned several hundred thousand dollars of people's money they donated on Kickstarter either through gross incompetence or through wildly...
  11. Chunkyman

Starsector - RT 2D indie space goodness

I'm disappointed with the ship mods I've looked at for this game. I really like how StarSector mixes in the both various tech levels of ships, and various civilian/military orientated ships into the game with reasonable balance. Most of the ship/faction mods go very heavy on high tech (and...
  12. Chunkyman

Chess

Grischuk lost on tiebreaks in the 2012(?) Candidates and is 3-time Blitz World Champion, I think he's a lot more dangerous than people are giving him credit for even though he's drawn all of his games so far.
  13. Chunkyman

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

I would guess that WotC made them use "Baldur's Gate" in the title as a condition of being given the license, which makes sense as it's to the benefit of both parties (WotC gets cross-promotional sales and Larian gets the added boost from brand recognition).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom