Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Infinity Engine games on IOs… what a feeling!

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Normally I would have my retro gaming on a proper PC or play a remastered version on Switch but since I rediscovered the Infinity Engine games on IOs I have been having such a fantastic time
After seeing Planescape Torment discounted I wanted to replay Baldur’s Gate 2 but thought that maybe I wouldn’t have the chance to replay the original so started with that and the games have been just such a great match for the touchscreen system that the are a joy to play.
Hearing Minsc’s lines bring such a big smile to me…couldn’t help but laughing when entering Baldur’s gate how it’s “a den of stinking evil!”

Yeah yeah Beamdog and Trento get a lot of flack still but they mere fact that without the EE ports we wouldn’t have these games on so many systems I feel quite thankful to have the chance to replay some of my favorite games of all time… just the perfect excuse to go back to them again
I wish some enterprising developer would take a chance to port more older PC games; Kotor and the Total War games are a blast to play on the go!

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
"Holy shit, something runs on ios! Quick, let's make a thread about it."

That's all you need to know about macs.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
RawYawningJackal-size_restricted.gif

Shaki

Arbiter
Decent ragebait thread, not too obvious, short and concise, while still hitting multiple butthurt points. Beamdog/BGEE as a topic is far overused tho, so I need to take away a point, would like something more creative next time. Overall decent effort, easily 7/10:greatjob:

agris

Arcane
Patron
Decent ragebait thread, not too obvious, short and concise, while still hitting multiple butthurt points. Beamdog/BGEE as a topic is far overused tho, so I need to take away a point, would like something more creative next time. Overall decent effort, easily 7/10:greatjob:

6FiBo6T.png
that's a low bar x 1

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm curious. How are you supposed to control the thing on an iOS. RTwP was already a bit difficult on the UI side (if you wanted to do time/plan things accurately).

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
What kind of monster plays a RTWP game on a phone?
I've had it on my iPad for years. Plane rides are boring, so I thought I'd be prepared.

I don't think I've ever played it for more than a minute or two though.

Wait a minute. Plane rides...Planescape. There's a joke in there somewhere, but probably not one worth the money I spent on it.
I'm curious. How are you supposed to control the thing on an iOS. RTwP was already a bit difficult on the UI side (if you wanted to do time/plan things accurately).
It's actually fairly intuitive, even on an iPhone - provided you shelled out the $1200+ for one will a larger screen.

784vLUx.jpg

Bottom left is pause button. All the other buttons are actually fairly easy to hit with your thumb when you want them, and also easy to avoid when you don't.

The white bar at the bottom is Apple's dumb idea. It's constantly there and can only be turned off if you use guided access mode. Probably the reason for the empty black space at the bottom.

Same reasoning behind the black bars at the sides, which avoid the dumb notch that most phones still have despite their insane price tags.

Even though it's surprisingly easy to use on an iPhone, I think it'd be painful to use for long periods. This is the biggest the interface gets.

ind33d

Learned
Couldn't you just mod it to be turn-based so you don't have to finger your phone screen like a Thai hooker?

Poseidon00

Arcane
My PC finally gave out on me after a good long run and I am so down bad rn I may just resort to Baldurs Gate on IOS

ind33d

Learned
My PC finally gave out on me after a good long run and I am so down bad rn I may just resort to Baldurs Gate on IOS
Fallout 1/2 would probably work better since you only have to click on one dude

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom