Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Hibernaculum - sci-fi survival horror dungeon crawler from Wormwood Studios' Victor Pflug

Victor Pflug

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Is there any extensive gameplay showcase?

Not too long off on some more showcasing this - but "extensive" may be a little too enthusiastic a word for a game that is still a good ways from release (VERY small team lol) ;)

Victor Pflug

Wormwood Studios
Developer
So - Elvira has zero influence on Hiber combat mechanics. We lean on yeah, Lands of Lore but really more Westwood's earlier EoB, & build on that.
Aw, what a shame. Elvira was so close to having a wonderful combat system, so close that anyone could do it if they desired. But it had one limitation, you only fought one enemy at a time, which if I'm reading your implications right, means that there will be no such mercy here. That said, I hope Elvira's feeling that every combat could result in your death will remain.

Every combat may result in someone *else's* death - I hid items/bypasses for myself to lead speed run boards lol this is MY home :D

Hydro

Educated
From the visual standpoint it’s just such a candy. I’m really hoping it’s going to have enough material to fuel my RPG autism. Best of luck.
:bro:

Victor Pflug

Wormwood Studios
Developer
You know I do at least attempt to upload these first piecemeal in an effort to abstain from subjecting you Twitter/X.

Victor Pflug

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Time it right you can almost double thrust...

we-love-lord-flashheart.png

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hibernaculumgame/hibernaculum-survival-horror-rpg/posts/4104847

Hibernaculum Development Update - June 2024​

Greetings Hibernians!

So it's been a very busy couple of months at Hiber HQ - those of you following along on our Discord, Twitter or Youtube feeds may have seen some hints of this activity, but I wanted to take some time away from the pipeline tonight to give you all a more official update, before I bury myself once more in the Hibernaculum.

So some new test areas have been under development as well as filling out some of the side mechanics we have going on, such as REST (which is it's own whole thing) along with a slew of other medium and smaller survival elements now shored up.

These include but are not limited to;

• Melee & Dual wielding weapons
  • REST/CAMP mechanics
  • Inventory UI & map system overhaul
  • New enemy abilities & behaviour
  • Aquaponics (Swamp) graphics & events
8dd2b303752a48d5b15a8577e1f1c231_original.gif
Resting when you become tired is a great way to regain HP and create new items (if you have the skill points). However, crippled limbs will require more serious treatment than merely putting your feet up - especially if they are no longer attached to your legs.
7dc013b05a2e00b16c2424685a4054fd_original.gif
A Maggotroid in action with some placeholder attack animations - it will consume the player entirely (inflicting all-over body damage) if you get too close!
378ed664ee548ecf19587005f353dc4b_original.gif
A knife in each hand is somewhat a last resort - regardless, the thrust of *this* argument cannot be ignored by your foes...
4b64ead5a49c35f2a78037264c86e87e_original.gif
A "spirited" encounter ensues...
I think it behoves me to mention many of these elements are in flux at the moment, however I will endeavour not to spring too many surprises on you all - or at least none that I wouldn't want leaping out at me from the depths.

So, I hope this update finds you well, have a great month everyone and yeah - follow us on other platforms for more/regular (non-spoilery for now) updates & most importantly;

...Be seeing you ;)

-Mords

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom