Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: Dreadwolf - full reveal in Summer 2024, Solas fangirls rejoice

MerchantKing

Learned
I'm asking myself what behooves people to keep talking about a game that has had no relevant developments from a series that hasn't been good in decades.

Funny, I was just asking myself what behooves you to post in every single thread about games you purportedly don’t care about typically very specifically stating that you very much don’t care about this game
He belittled people posting in the Rogue Trader thread for months, then proceeded to play the game.
Speaking of Rogue Trader... Is it fixed yet?

Oberon

Learned
Even DA:O was shit. It had a couple cool ideas buried in it but it was mostly dreck.
Bioware's best game was NWN and that game was 90% Toolset. Supposed industry pros are so regularly outshined by lone hobbyists working on modules in their spare time

La vie sexuelle

Learned
Even DA:O was shit. It had a couple cool ideas buried in it but it was mostly dreck.
Bioware's best game was NWN and that game was 90% Toolset. Supposed industry pros are so regularly outshined by lone hobbyists working on modules in their spare time

More like: NWN was a great Toolset but a poor single player campaign.

It's a shame that the idea of outsourcing modules to other videos wasn't fully exploited when it had sense.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
Gaider junior?

Compared to him, Gaider was quite decent. If you have played DA:I, remember the character Cole. You remember Cole, right? As if you could forget him. He was such an expressive character and such a popular companion!
You jest, but Cole ended up being the only companion I cared about in DAI.

As my great predecessor used to say: What!

But I'm curious. Tell me more.
Cole was the only companion that has a worthwile backstory, a worthwile development, and a worthwile conclusion. He has a satisfactory character arc. There is a reason, plotwise, that you could care for him, and see him develop his character, and on top of it all, his transformations are plot related too. He is one of the few, if not the, companion that actually has some sort of feedback with war table missions that feels organic. He's actually that rare, late Bioware companion that feels like a remnant of what Bioware used to bring to their games.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
Gaider junior?

Compared to him, Gaider was quite decent. If you have played DA:I, remember the character Cole. You remember Cole, right? As if you could forget him. He was such an expressive character and such a popular companion!

Cole was the only companion that has a worthwile backstory, a worthwile development, and a worthwile conclusion. He has a satisfactory character arc. There is a reason, plotwise, that you could care for him, and see him develop his character, and on top of it all, his transformations are plot related too. He is one of the few, if not the, companion that actually has some sort of feedback with war table missions that feels organic. He's actually that rare, late Bioware companion that feels like a remnant of what Bioware used to bring to their games.

Maybe you're right, but I had no patience for Coke. I mean, I did his quest, which I don't remember anything about (I think I chose the "evil" option), but for me he was never an integral part of the team. In a narrative and gameplay sense.

But I remember this:

Or this.

Gayder junior?
Gayder junior?

Compared to him, Gayder was quite decent. If you have played DA:I, remember the character Cole. You remember Cole, right? As if you could forget him. He was such an expressive character and such a popular companion!
I had to fix this.

Gayblade of Bioware.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
Gayblade of Bioware.
GayBlade?
def13dd5d63639abe03a61fd250b5327.gif

Gaider junior?

Maybe you're right, but I had no patience for Coke. I mean, I did his quest, which I don't remember anything about (I think I chose the "evil" option), but for me he was never an integral part of the team. In a narrative and gameplay sense.

But I remember this:

Or this.

Gayder junior?
Gayder junior?

Compared to him, Gayder was quite decent. If you have played DA:I, remember the character Cole. You remember Cole, right? As if you could forget him. He was such an expressive character and such a popular companion!
I had to fix this.

Gayblade of Bioware.

Technically the good ending is getting him to be more human, but it's not set in stone like that. It really feels more like something Obsidian would make as opposed to a pure Biowarian type of character.

Blackwall is good, though. He could be a second best companion imo. They put more attention in characters and their stories than anything else in the game I'd say.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom