Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Assassin's Creed Shadows - Afro Samurai in late Sengoku period Japan - coming November 15th

Tehdagah

Arcane
:lol: :lol: :lol:

guess-this-pricing-model-is-the-norm-now-exclusive-day-one-v0-jcjxzpsdam0d1.png

How much for the 'I can't breathe' edition?
$18 for the full game seems good.

Softgels

Scholar
In feudal Japan, 6 feet tall was a giant, the way he swings his war club and smashes the short Japanese guys away looks really funny

ADL

Prophet
Exploration? In a Ubisoft game?! You mean going from question mark to question mark, doing such diverse things as killing hundreds of bandits and picking up shit loot? That's not exploration, my man. You should play something like Deus Ex, or Morrowind, or Stalker, or Underrail, to see what exploration is.
nFnFzJ3.png

Assassin_s_Creed_Odyssey_guided_mode__0001_Layer_3.jpg

The spoken dialog in quests actually give you voiced directions so you can play without markers.
I just want to ask:

Always has been. As much as The Witcher 3 and Greedfall are anyways. Move the thread. Only made sense because this thread was split between Shadows and Hexe (which isn't going to be).

Skinwalker

*teleports into you*
Patron
Village Idiot
So many influential characters from the Sengoku Period and they choose the only African man in the whole country as protagonist. I´m waiting for AC Africa and the main character to be a French guy leader of a tribe.

911 Jumper

Learned
Been reading around and it looks as if the game can't be played offline (this is what is meant by online play required). An internet connection is required at all times, even after installation.

Elttharion

Learned
Waiting for the "Layoffs hit Ubisoft" news piece in a few months
They already laid off almost 2k people last year and cancelled a number of projects. That helped them reduce costs by €150 million. They are targeting €200 million in cost reductions by 2026 so they are probably already planning more layoffs. If this or Star wars bombs they are fucked. I doubt this one will be a flop tho, they are astroturfing this shit hard and even normies are getting convinced that playing a nigger in Japan is the 'best thang eva'.

Elttharion

Learned
Exploration? In a Ubisoft game?! You mean going from question mark to question mark, doing such diverse things as killing hundreds of bandits and picking up shit loot? That's not exploration, my man. You should play something like Deus Ex, or Morrowind, or Stalker, or Underrail, to see what exploration is.
nFnFzJ3.png

The spoken dialog in quests actually give you voiced directions so you can play without markers.
I just want to ask:

Always has been. As much as The Witcher 3 and Greedfall are anyways. Move the thread. Only made sense because this thread was split between Shadows and Hexe (which isn't going to be).

I cannot imagine a worst kind of hell than having to listen to the dialogue in an Ubisoft game.

nFnFzJ3.png

I just want to ask:

I cannot imagine a worst kind of hell than having to listen to the dialogue in an Ubisoft game.

You could be playing Forspoken or Kill the Justice League.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
The funny thing with Origins was even though you play a coal-black Wesley Snipes negro in the middle of white-colonized Egypt they still cucked him, stole the spotlight away, and gave the cool stuff like Killing Caesar to a chick.

Obviously Yusuke isn't main character material even if he's playable, the ugly girl ninja (and she will be 100% ugly) will have all the real plot.

Skinwalker

*teleports into you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Turns out, the series whose motto is "Nothing is true, everything is permitted" takes great liberties with historical accuracy and basic logic.

Elttharion

Learned
The funny thing with Origins was even though you play a coal-black Wesley Snipes negro in the middle of white-colonized Egypt they still cucked him, stole the spotlight away, and gave the cool stuff like Killing Caesar to a chick.

Obviously Yusuke isn't main character material even if he's playable, the ugly girl ninja (and she will be 100% ugly) will have all the real plot.
The chick was meant to be the main character in AC Origins. There was a 'somewhat based exec' on Ubisoft that kept the devs in check a little bit but, surprise surprise, he was me'tood and kicked out of the company. Ubisoft was pretty woke before but now they are completely insane.

The original plan was to have Bayek killed off early in the game, reported a Ubisoft developer to Bloomberg. This would give Aya the spotlight in the main role as a playable female protagonist. But the marketing department at Ubisoft, as well as Serge Hascoet, Ubisoft's former Chief Creative Officer, hounded the writers and developers to change the game's directive, ultimately forcing Aya into the backseat.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Hot take, but all the ass creeds were trash. The only good thing is that the older ones had cool architecture and some bad ass fighting animations, but now you don't even have that. And there's a good pirate game in there somewhere.

Slop franchise through and through.

Killing Caesar to a chick.
Wait wut.

Elttharion

Learned
Hot take, but all the ass creeds were trash. The only good thing is that the older ones had cool architecture and some bad ass fighting animations, but now you don't even have that. And there's a good pirate game in there somewhere.

Slop franchise through and through.

Killing Caesar to a chick.
Wait wut.
The 'technical' aspect of the games used to be pretty solid in terms of history. Architecture, clothing, weaponry (except for the fantasy stuff of course), etc. It was pretty cool and the main draw of the games, exploring the old cities, monuments, etc. Of course this was mostly window dressing and the writting was mostly retarded. This declined substantially in Origins and went to shit with Odyssey. Valhalla is horrendous in that aspect.

Cogemesiter

Novice
I was gonna make a joke about having black/ non Japanese characters but holy shit I guess they already did that.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
all the ass creeds were trash
I'm sorry but how many videogames let you go on The Midnight Fucking Ride of Paul Revere. :yeah:And then murder 1000 redcoats with an axe?

Assassin's Creed 2 was well made historical fiction (since all the major events of the story happened, they just changed the why and how). Most of the rest of the games didn't bother with that level of accuracy though.

ind33d

Learned
a lunchtime rowdy launching a one-man XCOM-style extermination campaign against the entire nation of Japan

HIROSHIMA AND NAGASAKI SHOULDN'T HAVE SAID THE N-WORD

Last edited:

Skinwalker

*teleports into you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Assassin's Creed is a tale of how you can turn something interesting into complete slop.
It was never interesting. The framing device was always retarded and their pathetic attempts to work their way into its own game (modern-day Ass with dieverse shitskin as the protag) were doomed to fail from the start. It was also very woke and anti-Christian from the start. Fuck this series. Black Fag was the only halfway-decent part, out of the three I've ever played (Ass1, Ass2, and Ass4).

Cogemesiter

Novice
Assassin's Creed is a tale of how you can turn something interesting into complete slop.
It was never interesting. The framing device was always retarded and their pathetic attempts to work their way into its own game (modern-day Ass with dieverse shitskin as the protag) were doomed to fail from the start. It was also very woke and anti-Christian from the start. Fuck this series. Black Fag was the only halfway-decent part, out of the three I've ever played (Ass1, Ass2, and Ass4).
Yeah even as a kid I thought it was odd that the “evil” templars were just lazily evil.

orcinator

Liturgist
I'm sorry but how many videogames let you go on The Midnight Fucking Ride of Paul Revere. :yeah:And then murder 1000 redcoats with an axe?
If you include the qualifier of having tolerable gameplay the number is 0

It was always the game with autoparkour and "mash counter to kill everything". Since day 1 it was an example of prioritizing the novelty of walking around a historical setting over engaging gameplay.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom