Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Usually I don't appreciate real time RPGs, but...

• Thread starter Deleted member 11480
  • Start date

zool

Arcane
Ovg said:
zool said:
Ovg said:
Commandos 2 Destination paris mod 1.4 with quicksave hotfix is where it's at.

Haven't had a chance to try the mod yet. Is it good? The vanilla game was quite easy, so I'm looking for more challenge.

It's absolutely delightful, especially on hard difficulty.

Missions have many more guards, patrols, all commandos (sp?) are useful and so on and so on.

I still have the 1.34 version on my HD - gave it a try a few years ago, liked it. Do you know what changed with 1.4?

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Thanks for the up Ogv, I had no idea there were even any mods available for the commandos games yet I see they've even made their own missions!

Is it still possible to go non-lethal with the mod? I always had a hard time killing the cute little krauts and nips. ;)

Ovg

Cipher

zool

Arcane
I just finished playing Robin Hood. Here's a short review.

The good:
- beautiful maps
- nice music
- basic campaign and ressource management systems

The bad:
- too few maps (9 in total including your base in Sherwood, compared to more than 20 maps in Desperados)
- repetitive ambushes (you'll fight on each of the three ambush maps at least 10 times)
- less tactical flexibility than Commandos 2
- NPCs are not very interesting (unlike in Desperados)
- only 2 cinematics (at the start and at the end of the game) while Desperados had beautiful ones between each mission.

Bottom line
: inferior to Desperados but still very much worth playing, if only to enjoy the visuals.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
Spellcaster said:
5038-1.jpg

Was this postprocessed? It looks like they somehow added bloom effects to perfectly decent highres sprite artwork.

curry

Arcane
The sad part is that games like Commandos are no longer made - an average gamer is just way too dumb and has way too short attention span to play them. :decline:

zenbitz

Scholar
Robin Hood is shiny.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom