Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Translations of wapanese games

A user named cat

I've actually been playing through this too, pretty good remake so far. Did you know there's a widescreen patch for it? No need to play in 4:3. I have a huge pack of them if you want it. Got to love emulation.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/clnjyxu9y8kq4y2/PS2_Widescreen.rar

Just grab the patch for your matching game and stick it in your "cheats" folder. Then simply run PCSX2 and make sure "Enable widescreen patches" is checked in the system and also be sure your aspect ratio is set to 16:9 in the emulation menu.

ZRaZUpl.jpg

xvHpxTs.jpg

dGOZOC5.jpg

Q8FOEBH.jpg

Red Eye

Learned
Buy Buy Haruka is getting released on the 23rd this Month.

Holy fuck am I getting my ass handed to me in Bunny Black 2.

Also cleared 10 floors of a dungeon, mapping every tile...

...game crashes, didn't save.

There is pretty regular Autosave.

Mechanically the game is a lot better than the first and has a pretty reasonable and constant level of difficulty. No real grinding needed either.

And while the angels were hot and all and the game was objectively better, I still enjoyed the first one more.

It had a nice feel to it. Especially the whole starting low as a minion and working up sort of things. The relationships were done a lot better in the first game as well.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
MrRichard999

i updated the major list of wizardry games and included links to a title's respective romhacking translation patch page. once again i want to salute your efforts for wizardry gaming, man :salute:

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
hehe i also spammed the RPGWatch forums with a link to the Wizardry thread since Fluent is an Elminage fan. I'm hoping to get him involved in the DRPG discussions burgeoning over here. I also let the Watch know of the valiant translation efforts being undertaken by our fellow Codexers.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Screenshot%202016-03-18%2004.26.57_zpsrqznhsfl.png~original
Screenshot%202016-03-18%2004.26.29_zpst4shdwsj.png~original
Screenshot%202016-03-18%2004.26.31_zpsjyoje7nu.png~original

:D :D :D

should've picked an enemy i've already translated but i only started on the enemy list tonight. i was too excited about finally figuring out how to translate the battle text feedback to keep these pics to myself though. i'd say the game's like 40% translated, sans NPC-dialogue. good thing this is a classic Wizardry game and there is very, very few dialog.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
I KNOW this thread isn't only about my amateur attempt to translate 1 single wizardry game, but i just feel so pickled with meself i'm'a post one final pic and then continue posting in the actual translation thread for the game itself (you see, after many headaches i FINALLY managed to decipher the "flavor text" and how it works during battle):

i've been beating my head against the wall trying to figure out what and where the katakana immediately before "STABBED" appears in the game code as i can't find find it right now. it probably has to do with the untranslated monster name. (haven't gotten around to these suckers yet).

i gotta say this whole experience has been a great learning experience. i tried cracking open some PSP wizardry and elminage games but i can't make heads nor tails out of anything inside those PSP .BIN files. Still, I'll keep at it.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Seinarukana translation notes are p. interesting read:

http://tenka.seiha.org/2016/03/a-collection-of-random-translation-notes-from-seinarukana/

Combat lines (at least as text) exist for every defensive skill, but they'll never be seen because the "current HP after taking damage" line is always used instead.

[..]

Through the end of chapter 10, characters spontaneously know things that they have no actual way of knowing because they happened off screen. Somehow, nobody on the writing team noticed this.

[..]

If you're on Ruputna or Naya's route, remember to read the descriptions for the unique skills they get, because apparently when Xuse ran out of development time, that's where they decided to put those two characters' entire plots.

[..]

I wanted a cap on HP-percentage-based damage skills (especially black) because stat multipliers are applied to them, so on Super Hard when you have big multipliers, they're ridiculously broken and make bosses that have very high HP laughably trivial because you're doing something like 25% HP * 4.5 as base damage, ie 113% of the boss's max HP (minus defense mitigation), but I'm pretty sure that was rolled back.

[..]

There are a ton of scripted auto-battles that are dummied out. I actually went through and implemented a bunch of the early ones, but some had comments like "voices not recorded, so removed" or "battle too difficult" for them, which is kind of inexplicable to me.

[..]

Skill definitions are a MASSIVE mess because they're all defined uniquely so there's no consistency enforced. Each level of each skill has a unique definition for each character. There's too many issues to list. My rule was to fix problems as they were found, but I believe that was overturned and some (all?) of my fixes even rolled back. I'm not sure though. I'll only list some of the most egregious errors that I found.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
holy shit. thanks for the heads up. i lurved the first 7th dragon's combat and skill tress / classes.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It works just fine on PPSSPP of course, I reported my findings to the author who hopefully should get things ironed out. I figured this would be problem (like SNES translations) in the near future, but so soon? Oh well, I'm pretty damn ecstatic about this, especially with 7th Dragon III being localized.

Few years ago I could've only dreamed about playing it.

EDIT: Quick solution? Trying this out right now.

LJ40

Cipher
Absolutely not stupid enough to pay money for a PSP but I'll definitely try this out on PPSSPP. Looks good. The NDS game was mighty fun, and also on a machine I don't need to be ashamed to own.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom