Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Translations of wapanese games

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Grimoire is out guys!

5.jpg

http://tenka.seiha.org/2015/12/an-attempt-to-not-repeat-past-mistakes/

:bounce:

(only a beta patch tho)

laclongquan

Arcane

A guy who has never worked on a fan translation before and can't translate himself nevertheless feels very strongly about a particular game he may or may not have played due to the language barrier, enough to want to start a fan translation project. Does anyone else think something here is odd?

The essence of fan translation in a nutshell. First you have to have (a) dedicated fan(s). Nay, crazy fan(s). Then said fan go on to find willing su... ehm, willing volunteers to do the job.
If nice if they have money to spare, but the dedication and the willingness are two most important factors. The willingness to do the job, and the dedication to last through the shitstorm your effort will surely bring, or worse, the indifference of most gamers.
EDIT: I dont think KS for a fan translation will work because of copyright issue. the Japanese are especially sticky on that point. He will get a cease and desist letter from company's lawyer and his KS will burnt to the ground. Historically, he will do better to find willing volunteers who will do it for free, and release it as free. It's a high hurdle, but there it is.

Last edited:

Gerrard

Arcane
Can't wait for more high quality translations were the translator thinks it is his holy duty to "fix" the immoral and offensive contents.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
What happened with that translation anyway? Brigandine looked like an interesting J-Strategy game, but from all over I heard the dude apparently censored some stuff?

Is it a deal breaker or just annoying?

TigerKnee

Arcane
"Censored some stuff" is an understatement I think - he was apparently some wacko fundie Christian so he changed the names of everything that remotely had a religious reference (even if it's like "Angel") and some more (like stuff regarding magic)

Siveon

Bot
What the hell? Speaking as a Christian, that's just stupid. That's 80's Nintendo levels of dumb.

getter77

Augur
Also some of his fiddling and "adjustments" had real gameplay impacts if memory serves---a person or so over on Gamespite tried to understand and untangle the hateful mess he'd made of it, but it broke their spirit something fierce and to this day I believe nothing has yet come of it as the workload would be damn near tantamount to starting all over from scratch.

Folks were so excited there, the NeoGAF thread, and so on...only for that to drop on their heads out of freaking nowhere. Quite possibly the worst "modern" happening in the fan translation scene at the least, and on such a long sought holy grail project as that as such games are incredibly uncommon the world over(How many failed attempts have there been at Master of Magic now? Yeah, that elite class of games) so the collective hunger is real indeed.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Just quit bitching. Like if you nerds care about a angel called nephilim or whatever he did

Anyway, there is a new version of the SMT 1 automap shortcut patch. It can be used with the Orden SMT1 translation patch based on the Aeon Genesis patch with rom version 1.0 unheadered (by combining both patches).
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/43107309/smt1auto.zip

amdus

Arbiter
Last edited:

amdus

Arbiter
^
You missed a girl raping huge pig to death with a flaming sword.

10/10 GOTY.
Any screens on a site that don't require swiss cheese of browser plugins or at least a game title so i can search for it myself?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom