Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Translations of wapanese games

Rance

Novice
So... Sekai Project has released the next release from their Grisaia kickstarter...

Coincidentially, it happens to be the all-ages, Steam-friendly sideshow abortion.
- http://store.steampowered.com/agecheck/app/377710/

Coincidentially released in two parts (only 19,9€ each!) instead as a single game. Which is totally ok for ~5h game, right?

Coincidentially Sekai also has opted to hide all SteamSpy stats from the first Grisaia game.
- http://steamspy.com/app/345610

You know, probably to protect the interests of their Japanese partners. Not like they'd want to hide anything from their business partners, right?

Oh, and the adult version of the first Grisaia hasn't even been released yet.

Surely Sekai isn't trying to milk Steam for extra revenue after getting 500k for the translations of the games. That'd be absurd, right?

Ain't it great when we get legitime releases instead of shoddy fan translations!

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Anyone played this: Aconcagua

While the game was only released in Japan, the cutscene voices were recorded in English and Spanish: the text and captions, however, are fully presented in Japanese. Inadvertently, this awkward but realistic design choice enables English-speaking players to fathom part of the story, providing meaningful clues to puzzles otherwise impossible to be cracked. Aconcagua is a very pleasing experience where the majority of the conundrums can be resolved exploring the venues and investigating them for hidden features, making the most creative use of the short resources available. Not like the popular and uncompromising PC titles of the point and click adventure genre, this SCE release is gladly deprived of the infuriating, almost insoluble riddles that plagued and tainted some of the most promising adventures of our age: instead, it focuses particularly on the narrative and accessible gameplay.

LJ40

Cipher
If you translate it, I'll try it.

In other news: Moon for the psx seems really close to completion:
REiHCCe.jpg

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=871910&page=2

ETA - Game's full name is Moon: Remix RPG Adventure apparently. Looks pretty amusing if you're into it.

Ermm

Erudite
Sometimes I wonder what makes ''anything japanese gaming related'' communities so insane and aggressive against each other. Once I made a lame joke in a RE forum, something about re1.5 I think and five posts later, everyone was reaching out for each others throats. It was like a domino effect. It went on for a while, and I didn't add any other replies to the topic. Finally, the mod Kindergarten Cop came, told everyone to SHUT UP and erased all the dumbfuckering, and gave me a mutual warning.

Pfffuuck.

If you think your NMA, RPGWatch, or even Bioware stuff is vile believe me, these Sonic, Jill Sandwich and JRPG 2D sprite lovers will eat them for breakfast. They would skin Skyway alive.

Last edited:

AArmanFV

Arbiter
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Sometimes I wonder what makes ''anything japanese gaming related'' communities so insane and aggressive against each other. Once I made a lame joke in a RE forum, something about re1.5 I think and five posts later, everyone was reaching out for each others throats. It was like a domino effect. It went on for a while, and I didn't add any other replies to the topic. Finally, the mod Kindergarten Cop came, told everyone to SHUT UP and erased all the dumbfuckering, and gave me a mutual warning.

Pfffuuck.

If you think your NMA, RPGWatch, or even Bioware stuff is vile believe me, these Sonic, Jill Sandwich and JRPG 2D sprite lovers will eat them for breakfast. They would skin Skyway alive.

Those are like a Religion, be careful.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Searches through the folders to pick the next game for translation.
That's a good one, Helly. Don't worry, I'll find something to give you the shits. Soon.

EDIT: Oh, I remembered something. Second game re-uses the events of the first one with better gameplay, making the first game unnecessary. :smug:

Last edited by a moderator:

MrRichard999

Game re-worker!
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Just wanted to announce a translation which is done :)

19: Neunzehn is now fully playable in English :D Its a simple strategy game for the Famicom Disk System. Thanks to Helly, Mr.Pink, and Felix for helping me translate this & Tangobunny for helping out with testing and script work!

http://www.romhacking.net/translations/2490/

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom