Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Translations of wapanese games

Gedeone

Novice
Guys, Killer Queens TL patch is up:

http://lemniscatranslations.wordpress.com/killer-queen/

"13 players are locked inside an abandoned building, each with a PDA representing a playing card from A to K and a collar device set around their necks. Each of the 13 PDAs correspond to a different set of objectives, and if a player doesn’t fulfill their PDA’s objectives in 72 hours, their collar will explode.

No one knows who has which PDA, and players are at a disadvantage if they proceed alone. But in this deadly game filled with mistrust and paranoia, who can you trust … ?"

No SS cuz i'm a lazybag <.<

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Lagrange Point (NES, sci-fi RPG) translation released: http://agtp.romhack.net/project.php?id=lagrange

Lagrange Point is a sci-fi RPG for the NES. A biological catastrophe has occurred in the series of space colonies collectively known as the Isis Cluster, and after communications cease, Earth sends a recon unit to investigate. Shortly after landing, the squad is ambushed by violent robots. Their pilot, Gene, wakes up in an infirmary with his dying captain, whose last words are to "find Stolte.

The game itself features multiple swappable party members, item fusion, and a semi-linear plot (at one point the player is tasked with acquiring three macguffins, but it's up to you which you go after in which order.) Lagrange Point is unique among NES RPGs, the only game on the system to make use of Konami's proprietary VRC7 FM sound hardware. As such, it's gained no little notoriety for the quality of the music it outputs; whether the actual compositions are to your liking is up to taste, but I can guarantee that no other NES game sounds like this.

Gedeone

Novice
Project "Lagrange Point" is done.

http://agtp.romhack.net/project.php?id=lagrange

"Lagrange Point is a sci-fi RPG for the NES. A biological catastrophe has occurred in the series of space colonies collectively known as the Isis Cluster, and after communications cease, Earth sends a recon unit to investigate. Shortly after landing, the squad is ambushed by violent robots. Their pilot, Gene, wakes up in an infirmary with his dying captain, whose last words are to find Stolte."

VRC7 FM sound hardware?...i'll give it a try

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sekaiproject/clannad-official-english-release?ref=popular

I knew it, there is money in translating VN games. 150k for fucking Clannad and they made it in two days with 3 7k$ backers too. Fucking waifus.

Is Clannad any good? I remember watching a few episodes of the adaptation way back when, getting bored, and then putting it aside.
Well the game is like the anime, it's your generic harem love comedy in high school where you choose your waifu at the beginning then plan on how to win her by the end. Very light hearted with magic and shit - this is no Kara no shoujo.
The art is... well, japanese. Like with all the clichés ever made. Huge eyes, mini skirts, silly hair, everyone has the same face, etc...
Case in point:
8.jpg

Anyway, I don't know why everybody loves this series, but as far as I'm concerned I'd play it only seven times :obviously:

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Is Clannad any good? I remember watching a few episodes of the adaptation way back when, getting bored, and then putting it aside.

It's like the anime, but 10x longer. Over million words long.

And has shitty puns and crap you didn't get to see in the anime.

Once you've played one Key game, you've played them all. Well, 'cept that the new ones have no sex in them anymore (thank god)

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
spekkio I see you haven't updated the OP since May, and since I was looking for a specific translation that was mentioned ITT, I've gone through the last pages of the thread and put together the following list for your OP (I hope I didn't miss anything important):

PC
Cloe's Requiem (Horror)
Comyu (VN)
Killer Queen (VN)
Labyrinth of Touhou 2 (RPG)

NES
Lagrange Point (RPG)

Super Nintendo
Kyuuyaku Megami Tensei I & II (RPG)

Dual Screen
Ace Attorney Investigations 2

Gameboy
Kininkou Maroku Oni (RPG)

MSX
Xak III: The Tower of Gazzel
Shiryou Sensen: War of the Dead Part 2
Princess Maker
Knightmare III - Shalom
Rune Master
Firebird - The Phoenix Saga

Gedeone

Novice
Fate/hollow ataraxia (Fate/stay night 's sequel) got a full translation:

http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/5046-Fate-Hollow-Ataraxia-Translation-Patches

I have honestly no clue about this VN. Its from Type-Moon, so it shouldnt suck.
Warning: only the PVita version will be fully voiced (TBR in Japan november 27, 2014).
I hope in a (unofficial) voice patch for the old pc version too, but translators dont seem too confident about it. Or even willing lol.

spekkio

Arcane
Added stuff CB compiled, plus Wiz4 Snes trans by MrRichard666 to the OP.

Keep'em cumming.

:obviously:

Drakron

Arcane
Doesnt interresting me because ...

A) Its the Disney version.
B) First one been fantranslated already and the other 2 seem to be fanwankary glorified fandisks.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
The Disney-version are still rated and I'm sure a patch for the adult scenes will mysteriously "materialize" after release anyway.

Meikyuu & Rakuen have good stuff in them. Basically the scenarios written by the scenario writers who wrote the good parts in Kajitsu are mostly still good. Some are rather questionable tho.

I'm a bit conflicted myself, I'd love to have a physical copy, but I don't really want to have an "all-ages" rated M version on disc. Probably will go for digital, since they fail to offer anything else than usual fanservice crap. Which is a shame, since this is a game that has lots of non-waifu material that could've been used instead...

Still, quite surprised for the success of this one.

Rance X kickstarter when?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom