Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Translations of wapanese games

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Looks like Planet Stronghold. Maybe this game was an influence.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Why are we discussing good stuff like Generation Xth?

http://www.dlsite.com/eng/work/=/product_id/RE083922.html

-- One day when I woke up, my girlfriend had turned into an alpaca!!

The main character, Saeki Kazuma, had a wonderful school life surrounded by many friends and his girlfriend.

One day at this time, in the bus on the way back from "Alpaca Kingdom" with his girlfriend, Izumi Yukari,
he just woke up and found that there was some lovely thing next to him...

" What a .....!!!!!????"

Instead of Yukari sitting next to his bus seat was a fluffy alpaca.

" What's the matter Kazuma?? You shouted all of a sudden..."

The alpaca looking at Kazuma with wondering eyes talked exactly like his girlfriend Yukari.

And this is how his summer with alpaca begins.

tumblr_mai8dnZcT41re8hsjo1_500.jpg

LundB

Mistakes were made.
Bullshit trying to capitalize on the glory of Hatoful Boyfriend.

Which after a number of steamchat discussions with RK, I might actually start playing again. The lazy man video option would remove the need to type out every single line of dialogue, which made me want to kill something.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
:codexisfor:or u could show me how a 20 year old failure become a high school stud, like a white boy should excel at, LundB

stabby

Learned
And the demo for the Generation Xth: Code Hazard translation is out!

Great game so far, I'm still getting to know the classes and how to not die, but it shows great promise. Weird how they don't use mouse controls thought...

Well, this is an interesting bit of news to see after a quick vacation, though I do have a question: Is the demo mostly showing interface and combat bits as translated, or has some of the story been done as well? (Would try it myself, but figure that I've got enough of a backlog to be a little patient on giving this a genuine playthrough)

Also, I can't believe I didn't even notice the lack of mouse control until you mentioned it. Must be playing to many shmups...

Zetor

Arcane
And the demo for the Generation Xth: Code Hazard translation is out!

Great game so far, I'm still getting to know the classes and how to not die, but it shows great promise. Weird how they don't use mouse controls thought...

Well, this is an interesting bit of news to see after a quick vacation, though I do have a question: Is the demo mostly showing interface and combat bits as translated, or has some of the story been done as well? (Would try it myself, but figure that I've got enough of a backlog to be a little patient on giving this a genuine playthrough)

Also, I can't believe I didn't even notice the lack of mouse control until you mentioned it. Must be playing to many shmups...
All of the demo text except for images is translated (there are also a few minor bugs/inconveniences like the default team name still being in Japanese). I'm not sure how far the translator guy is into translating the full game.

FWIW there's a screenshot thread here

stabby

Learned
All of the demo text except for images is translated (there are also a few minor bugs/inconveniences like the default team name still being in Japanese). I'm not sure how far the translator guy is into translating the full game.

FWIW there's a screenshot thread here

Ah, good then. I was mainly curious as to how far they had progressed into the technical aspect, as I remember a lot gameplay text (interface, combat messages and such) is just plain text in the main executable. The linked screen showing the soldier talking certainly answers my question, and is giving me a good reminder to wait for my brain to completely start working again before posting random mutterings on the internet.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
Awww yeah, been waiting for a translation of that Shadowrun game for years.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
He's probably going to say kega, but kega is windows only or doesn't compile on 86x-64 or some shit.

spekkio

Arcane
^

Kega Fusion, of course.

Loonix and MacOZ versions available... :roll:

At least it can into 32 bpp, which Gens cannot into (without hacks).

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Yeah Kega is more up to date , but frankly I'm not a big fan of either. They both do their basic job, but as far as as emulators go, I've seen better.

spekkio

Arcane
ghostdog

And what is missing in KF? I think it's p. much complete emulator? There are some errors in emulation or what?

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
ghostdog

And what is missing in KF? I think it's p. much complete emulator? There are some errors in emulation or what?

I recall some performance problems. Maybe newer versions are better, haven't played a sega game for some time. You seem pretty fired up about this gens/kega business. Are you on their dev team spekkio ?

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Gens is on the ubuntu 64 bits repositories.
Kega is not.

Not buts.
End of story (funny enough zsnes has this problem too, it's probably the same reason: 32bit assembly 'wizards')

spekkio

Arcane
ghostdog said:
You seem pretty fired up about this gens/kega business.
Not really. It's just that Gens switches desktop to 16 bpp with every run. Fusion is much more next-gen.

SCO said:
Some loonix-related problems
So - it's impossible to compile a 32-bit executable in 64-bit environment?
Fuck, I really have to upgrade (downgrade?) from WinXP 32-bit one day.

:smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom