Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Translations of wapanese games

spekkio

Arcane
Guyz, I was finally able to apply patches from http://www.frontmission.info/ for Front Misson 2 (70% completion) and Front Mission Alternative (alpha stage).

1. Those guys are retarded - if you use .bin images (as you fucking should - it's standard for PSX games), you will get an error:

jro7q.jpg

2. After much rage, I've decided to convert .bin images to .iso (using Ultraiso):

7zkrX.jpg

And voila:

FMA

WqdVn.jpg

FM2 - History

0wrZg.jpg

ZunsQ.jpg

Great job at not telling potential users about the format of image they should use...

:bravo:

Except of that:

:greatjob:

lightbane

Arcane
I'm still waiting for FM2's translation to be complete. Or for Squenix to do another, non-retarded Front Mission game. Whatever happpens first...

PorkaMorka

Arcane
Anyone familiar with Utawarerumono? It's apparently half VN, half turn-based tactical RPG and has both manga and anime based on it.

Utawarerumono_game.jpg

I remember reading about an hour of text regarding farming and little girls with dog ears. Then there was a piss easy battle against some sort of animal/vermin, then another 20+ minutes of text.

Then I quit playing. Avoid at all costs.

Sukeban Cho

Erudite
It happened.

It's the second coming of our true lord. It's the day in which light defeats darkness, in which incline banishes decline from the face of the earth. The day in which western gamers are enlightened and accept the holy kingdom into their hearts. The day in which we advance into the fourth dimension, and stuffies.

Behold!

Fuckin' Hellsinker has been translated into english!

Now all you losers can experience the one true religion in all its bloody glory! That which you hear now are the screams of modern games dying a bloody death as the one true game, the only game you will ever need, all awesomeness in one perfect game, burns their wives and rapes their houses!

All praise our lord Hellsinker, compared to which all is decline! Ia Hellsinker! Ia Rex Cavalier! Ia Apostles of Seed! Ia Rusted Dragon! Ia fucking Glorious Symbol, who made me rage in ways I haven't raged ever since! Ia, and fucking Ia! And ia Fossil Maiden too, because she's cute and awesome and the only character I can use without dying on the first level. T_T

Oh, and now I'll notify the only two people I believe will care about this news. :oops:

Jasede
Lord Rocket

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
It happened.

It's the second coming of our true lord. It's the day in which light defeats darkness, in which incline banishes decline from the face of the earth. The day in which western gamers are enlightened and accept the holy kingdom into their hearts. The day in which we advance into the fourth dimension, and stuffies.

Behold!

Fuckin' Hellsinker has been translated into english!

Now all you losers can experience the one true religion in all its bloody glory! That which you hear now are the screams of modern games dying a bloody death as the one true game, the only game you will ever need, all awesomeness in one perfect game, burns their wives and rapes their houses!

All praise our lord Hellsinker, compared to which all is decline! Ia Hellsinker! Ia Rex Cavalier! Ia Apostles of Seed! Ia Rusted Dragon! Ia fucking Glorious Symbol, who made me rage in ways I haven't raged ever since! Ia, and fucking Ia! And ia Fossil Maiden too, because she's cute and awesome and the only character I can use without dying on the first level. T_T

Oh, and now I'll notify the only two people I believe will care about this news. :oops:

Fuck yes. I've wanted to play this forever but every time I try the moonspeak makes my head spin.
Bullet hell games?

What's to translate here, anyway?

:oops:
Normally, fuck all. In Hellsinker though... fuck, it's like moonspeak of moonspeak.

If you can figure out what even half the bars and numbers on that screen are, you should be a fucking linguist. Or maybe a psychic.

Sukeban Cho

Erudite
If you can figure out what even half the bars and numbers on that screen are, you should be a fucking linguist. Or maybe a psychic.

As the local Hellsinker tard I'll give you a paw with that. :P

Sol is your discharge metter. When it fills you can use your discharge, which is the your character's bomb like attack. The number next to it is how many ranks you have filled, and while different characters can start using a weaker version of their discharge at different levels to use it's full power you have to be on level 5.

Luna is your normal weapon attack power. However, I believe charged variants of normal weapons aren't affected by it. Fossil Maiden has a special attack that drains all your Luna and it is only usable when the metter is full, too. Maybe the others do, too, but I always play her so I don't know.

Subweapon is precisely that, the charge metter for each character subweapons. It has two power levels, and when you are at the higher one using your main shot or dying will drain it.

Stella is your rank. The higher it is the more spirits you get and the harder the enemies become, and it is increased by playing daringly and decreases by playing safely. It is also increased and decreased by enemy drops, and your Stella level, I believe among other variables but being the main one, might make the game change drastically (i.e: Different boss fights, unexpected events, pattern changes, etc)

Terra is the Shrine of Farewell metter. It decreases constantly, faster or slower based on your level of suckitude (the worse you are, the faster it decreases) and when it drops to zero you get the Shrine of Farewell. Choosing the right moment to trigger the Shrine is one of the keys to clearing the game as you can obtain a massive amount of lives from it.

Spirits, Kills, and Tokens are scoring related.

Bootleg Ghost is weird. You pick one at the beginning of the game and it decides how Auto-Rejection works. The number that may appear here indicates how many Auto-Rejections you have left for the current level.

Lives are lives. However, when the metter changes to indicate Immortality it means you are at your maximum amount of lives and thus get some scoring based boni until you lose one. It also tells you how many heart tokens you need to obtain before gaining one more life.

Bullet hell games?

What's to translate here, anyway?

:oops:

Hellsinker has a deliciously weird story, a very surreal setting, and a lot of atmosphere. It is not the main attraction of the game, but all of it makes the already excelent game even better.

It's not a storyfag thing, though. It is way too dreamlike for that.

The cat must be put down.

Haba-Chan is so mean with koneko. :(

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
In other news, School Days HQ is out.

Pretty fucked up stuffies and thingies, though not as bad as one would expect. Basically 10GB worth of poorly animated hentai and some rather interesting turns of events. Right up the VOTS alley.

For example, in one ending the protag is happily dating a girl, while other girl seduces him, takes photos and then shows them to the girl you are dating, causing you to break up. In the end you find yourself dating the girl who seduced you.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Yeah, though naturally the events of the anime don't quite occur in the game (as far as I understand, never watched it).

There is something fundamentally wrong with the series when the main appeal doesn't come from reaching one of the two happy "true" endings, but trying to end up with progressively worse one...

Warning; Spoils all the bad endings in the game

Drakron

Arcane
Yeah, though naturally the events of the anime don't quite occur in the game (as far as I understand, never watched it).

Well not the original bad endings as the Anime kinda thrown two of then in the same bag and added more crap into it ...

There is something fundamentally wrong with the series when the main appeal doesn't come from reaching one of the two happy "true" endings, but trying to end up with progressively worse one...

I am going to say ... context.

In FS/N you have those bad endings so after a while you get used to them and the VN tone is the same, in School Days those bad endings were unexpected so I suspect the popularity come from then being completely out of place with the tone of how things were.

The anime ... ah, I fucking hated it because we got the Nice Boat meme that I would not say it would be too bad if we did not had retards asking for a "School Days" ending to about everything, even now I occasionally seen that.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Obvious I ended up with this:

Jesus Christ the events leading to it were creepy as hell.

One wrong choice and this happens instead

Threesomes are precision work.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated

Warning; Spoils all the bad endings in the game

KAAAAANASHIIIIIININÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅ

lightbane

Arcane
So, is that School Days game all about dating crazy girls, then suffering increasingly horrible fates as the result?

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
So, is that School Days game all about dating crazy girls, then suffering increasingly horrible fates as the result?

Based on what I have heard and read around the character is basicaly a jerk, and most of the awful shit happens to him for being a jerk. :P

Well, everyone in the game seems to be more or less fucked up. I wouldn't want to have a relationship with any of them IRL.

Depending on your choices, the protagonist can turn out to be an insensitive jerk, two-timing manslut, simple-minded fool or a complete sociopath. Which is funny, because the smallest things can lead you on completely different path. And it isn't just the player character whose personality can rapidly change.

Where as in one scenario, being caught cheating on your girlfriend leads to a tragic ending on one path, on another the girlfriend simply decides that you were cheating her because she wasn't putting out and that you probably were thinking about her while doing it in the first place.

One again this shows the problem with C&C in games like this - it's kinda hard to relate to a character when he or she does completely fucked up shit in one route, while being simple comic relief on another.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
It's kinda fun to see how someone would more or less realistically react if confronted to such jerks as you find in most Japanese stuff. In some cases though you get to wonder if some characters weren't normal from the start and just pushed over the edge by the others. At times, I find that game almost as crass as Killing Floor minus the English accent.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Mmmm, yeah. The stereotypes are somewhat realistic, after all... Makes one wonder how their own life would be if it was a cheap multi-route dating sim built for geeks amusement... :paranoid:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom