Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Translations of wapanese games

felicity

Scholar
Iz zis "Alchemie Meister" ze same az Recettear?

Nope this one is made by Eushully, a different developer. To sum up the gameplay: Fire Emblem battle system + shop keeping + crafting.

Warning: Grind Heavy Alert.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Is it the fun kind of grind? Or the tedious one?

If you've played Eushully's previous games, there is less grind in this one.

You have a large cast of characters. Max 9 characters can take part in combat (and usually you are not able to field that many), so eventually you end up having a lot of people left behind. So you end up levelling two-three sets of characters separately.

For rare items, you will need to grind. For example, a dragon will drop one piece of 3-4 different alchemy ingredients. So 25% chance to get the ingredient you actually need to craft that new weapon you wanted. And save scumming has been "fixed" so there is no help in that either. Level-up bonuses are random, so obsessive people will have fun time loading a save on previous turn just to maximize the rolls...

There is a lot more grind on 2nd playthrough, as the game becomes a lot harder as well (presuming you choose to activate the 2nd playthrough bonuses).

Game isn't really that hard, if you play smart. If you don't play smart, you'll be constantly tempted to grind a little bit more to get past tough spots. If you don't care about grinding, the game is kind enough to provide you with in-game cheat option for fast level-ups. You're just labeled as "deadbeat" for using it.

Comparing to Eushully's previous game, Himegari, which is set in the same universe (and had the same engine and crafting aspect as Kamidori), this title is more light-hearted. I kinda miss Himegari's mature themes (raperaperape!) when compared to this one... The game could easily be for all ages, if not for the few sex scenes that are in it. You have to play for tens of hours before you get to fuck anything.

The combat system is quite deep and rewarding enough, should you not burn yourself out through excessive grinding sessions

kamidori_001.jpg

The alchemy shop management aspect isn't an afterthought either, it is quite diverse as well. You can't buy or loot the best gear, so crafting is a must.

Overall, despite the kiddie story and somewhat grindy aspects of the game, I'd still buy a full priced copy if one was available. Looking at 40-50 hours for a single playthrough, with all the expansions added the game will probably have some 80 hour of not-too-excessively grindy gameplay. And more, if you want to get every bonus and do all of the crazy ass special dungeons.

pipka

Savant
Recettear with fuckable lolis and monster girls, here I come! ~My hyper weapon will pierce the heavens!~

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
[SPOILERZ]
I have to say, before playing Kamidori, I never though the day would come when I'd take the virginity of a mud/earth golem.
[/SPOILERZ]

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
abnaxus said:
Anyone played this: Hanachirasu

Looks interesting and translation is available.

I tried it out. Found two notable things about it:

1. It's partially written by a Japanese swordsmanship freak, which results in long tangents about the history of the aforementioned, as well as very technical descriptions of battles. On a positive side, it is very realistic, with no bullshit superpowers, swords cutting through bullets, and other retarded crap so often found in anime. For instance, almost every battle is over after one attack/counter, which is exactly how combat with actual katanas plays out. I'm a fag for realistic swordplay, so I liked it, but I can see how it can be really boring for other people.

2. It is a very simple and straightforward revenge story, except told from the perspective of the villain. And there is no visible effort to make him sympathetic or justify his actions. So he goes around murdering, raping, fucking shit up for everyone, and not really caring about anything except the antagonist (very much a heroic antagonist). It's pretty refreshing to see this kind of thing, and the game is quite short so the novelty doesn't wear off. Oh, and he's really girly looking, which adds to the amusement.

Oh, and it's supposed to be a hentai game, but it really isn't. The few sex scenes included are short, trivial, and very clearly intended to characterize rather than as fap material.
Somebody should really LP this, because I can't get the English translation to work :oops:

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
abnaxus said:
Anyone played this: Hanachirasu

Looks interesting and translation is available.

I tried it out. Found two notable things about it:

1. It's partially written by a Japanese swordsmanship freak, which results in long tangents about the history of the aforementioned, as well as very technical descriptions of battles. On a positive side, it is very realistic, with no bullshit superpowers, swords cutting through bullets, and other retarded crap so often found in anime. For instance, almost every battle is over after one attack/counter, which is exactly how combat with actual katanas plays out. I'm a fag for realistic swordplay, so I liked it, but I can see how it can be really boring for other people.

2. It is a very simple and straightforward revenge story, except told from the perspective of the villain. And there is no visible effort to make him sympathetic or justify his actions. So he goes around murdering, raping, fucking shit up for everyone, and not really caring about anything except the antagonist (very much a heroic antagonist). It's pretty refreshing to see this kind of thing, and the game is quite short so the novelty doesn't wear off. Oh, and he's really girly looking, which adds to the amusement.

Oh, and it's supposed to be a hentai game, but it really isn't. The few sex scenes included are short, trivial, and very clearly intended to characterize rather than as fap material.
Somebody should really LP this, because I can't get the English translation to work :oops:

Wouldn't be much of an LP, since it's not really a game. Even in VN terms, there are no routes, and the few choices available only lead to short side endings. There is clearly only one way it's supposed to play out.

circ

Arcane
Even if I was a weeaboo I wouldn't be, because it seems blindingly obvious no one translated them for a reason.

And the reason is that even weeaboos thought they fucking sucked.

fzagsx.png

jesus.
Yeah, I can't understand how anyone could play that on the PS when it's out on SNES, translated too, and looking normal-ish.

On another related-ish note. I've been meaning to play FF7 again. I have the box somewhere, however, some googling reveals that it's pretty much unplayable on the PC without some retarded graphic driver updates, half of which seem unnecessary, and even then it's apparently kinda buggy. So fuck that, how will it play on a PS1 emu?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
On another related-ish note. I've been meaning to play FF7 again. I have the box somewhere, however, some googling reveals that it's pretty much unplayable on the PC without some retarded graphic driver updates, half of which seem unnecessary, and even then it's apparently kinda buggy. So fuck that, how will it play on a PS1 emu?

Perfectly as long as you aren't running a computer more than 10 years old.

Krraloth

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2

Perfectly as long as you aren't running a computer more than 10 years old.

And you can add some insane grapix-whore pixel shaders using Pete's opengl 2x, not that it will improve the game...

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Alcohol improves the game, as do mescaline and other hallucinogenics.

Worked for me, but then I spent two years playing it so maybe whether it "worked for me" is up for debate.

Krraloth

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2
Bro, you did get a cult of followers becaouse of it so I suppose is as good as a trade-off as any.

I'm curous about the hallucinogenics, do the plot makes more sense with them? Or did you had a horrible fan-fiction playing constantly in your mind?

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
I'm curous about the hallucinogenics, do the plot makes more sense with them? Or did you had a horrible fan-fiction playing constantly in your mind?
Nah, the game is retarded either way. The drugs just helped make the game a lot more interesting. The "rape tiger" gag for example came about when Red XIII suddenly started talking with me about wanting to rape me. I don't really remember much but I think I was hallucinating that I was in that cage with him like Aeris. That was interesting to say the least. Of course, the next day when I was sober I had to look at my notes and piece it all together. That said, most of the updates that were liked the most, and also the very few ones I myself like, I wrote while completely sober.

spekkio

Arcane
So, BROS - DS 2 is available. And guess what - main protagonist looks somehow familiar...

sK60t.jpg

It also looks like transgender people are being discriminated again:

TDLTM.jpg

Let's go for tits!

U1I9H.jpg

:retarded:

giveup.gif

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Persona games are always like that. But you must admit she has crazy look in her eyes.

When you see a silhouette of a rabbit, you must expect something like that:

Z9Koh.jpg

YzQcX.jpg

ZLrqm.jpg

sm18i.jpg

b6DyQ.jpg

ilEAe.jpg

tqx8g.jpg

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
What the fuck was that?
Rabbit Commando Girl?
She is called Reisen. She can pierce anyone with bullets without gun, and her eyes causes insanity, thus you'd never see these bullets in time to dodge when you can dodge a bullet.

Commando implies a group of soldiers that have someone that can give them orders. She is too independent and capable to be just a commando.

spekkio

Arcane
aeon genesis said:
Announcement soon.
EPTdG.png
6lRPe.png

:yeah:

AFAIR Gemini and Tom talked about translating PSX remake of SMT If..., but it looks like AGTP were faster with Snes original.

Too bad this game led to Gaysona - the shittiest series in the Megaten Universe (DemiKids doesn't count)...

:rpgcodex:

Awaiting obligatory LP by Kuroneko-sensei (poster removed due to end of line) Crooked Bee.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom