Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Translations of wapanese games

Catalina

Scholar
sgc_meltdown said:
Andyman Messiah said:

So bro what kind of guy did you prefer to date

You can date girls in that game. Sort of.

Going on double dates with them to the amusment park, picking to ride all the rides with the girl, and leaving the boys to ride the merry go round together never fails to amuse.

ETA: Also, this.
Y9DeL.jpg

Kawaii Theurgist

Liturgist
There's either a new Crescent Pale Mist fan translation going around or someone finally decided to make the old fan translation actually available for all those doujin gamers who aren neko witches kawaii theurgists. In any case...

The english patch.
The game.

The second link I believe to be for the already fully up to date version, ready to be applied the translation with nothing else done before. I haven't yet tried myself those links given I already did play the game before, but given how very good Crescent Pale Mist actually is I thought about sharing them with Codexia's weaboo squad. For those of you who aren't wise in the Doujin ways, Crescent Pale Mist is like a combination of castlevania like somewhat open levels, a quite fun combat system, and mostly danmaku bosses. It's quite amazing, and one of my favourite Doujin games.

Click here.

That link is for the trailer of the version Rockin' Android translated for Playstation Network past year, which was part of the reason the english translation for the PC version had to go underground.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Symphony of Eternity for the android has been released in English. Here is a review

I gave it a try and it looks pretty good. It's basically a mix of old school nes/snes jRPGs, it mostly reminds me of Chrono trigger and early FF.

Pros :
-Slick and somewhat complex character system that lets you change classes on the fly and learn new abilities.
-Simple and effective turn based combat that reminds me a bit of FFX.
-NO random encounters. You can see the enemies on the map, avoid them if you like (Chrono trigger style) or even try to sneak up on them.
-So far I haven't been forced to grind, and the boss battles seem challenging. Combat difficulty and encounters seem balanced.
-Nice 2D graphics.
-Simple fantasy story that the game doesn't take very seriously.
-A lot of good dungeon crawling and even secret dungeons that can be unlocked after the end of the main story.
-Great midi music.

Cons:
-Controls can be a bit clunky, especially when you're trying to sneak up on enemies.
- JRpg
- Translation could be better.

If you have an android phone and want to try something like that, I definitely recommend to give it a try.

Black Cat

Magister
As I understand...

Shikkoku-no-Sharnoth.jpg

... has just received a translation, so now we have both of the best Liar-Soft visual novels translated into the civilized languages.

Click here to watch the opening. The art and the atmosphere are both pretty cool, and the music is great.

So go and get it. And, if you haven't already, go and get Sekien No Inganock too.

Click here to watch Sekien No Inganock opening. Again, the art and the atmosphere are very cool, and the music is still great.

Both games are steampunk with noir and horror elements, in a very interesting setting. Or maybe two, I haven't heard anything conclusive about whether or not all the What a beautiful thingie games happen in the same world or not, but most people I know asume they do.

spekkio

Arcane
In related news, Gemini and Tom are working hard on not releasing Soul Hackers' translation yet.

link

:(

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Just popping in to let everyone know there is an English translation patch for Touhou Soujinengi, a turn-based Touhou indie RPG influenced by the SaGa Series. Basically, if you enjoyed Labyrinth of Touhou (I made a pretty hot thread about the game not so long ago), then chances are you're going to enjoy this game too. In fact, it's supposed to be just pure rape, in the good sense of the word. We can only hope that's true.

GeniusOfSappheirosCover.jpg

The Genius of Sappheiros (東方蒼神縁起, romanized Touhou Soujinengi, meaning Blue God Omen) is a traditional turn-based RPG released at Comiket 78, heavily influenced by traditional console roleplaying games such as the SaGa Series. Despite being an RPG, it follows a traditional Touhou stage-based format, with each stage being its own dungeon.

Video 1
Video 2
Video 3

A Youtube comment said:
unless you like broken controls, getting lost and getting owned on the first level, I don't know, the game is pretty badly programed.

:incline:

GeniusOfSappheiros3.png

GeniusOfSappheiros2.png

The game itself can be downloaded here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IK0O3SUH
Then you must apply the 2.00 -> 2.06 patch that you can download here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=THZ1N1IP or directly here: http://www.gensoukyou.org/update/souzin206x.exe
And finally the current version of the translation patch can be found at the bottom of the first post here: http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,10383.0.html

Cheers, I'm off!
GeniusOfSappheiros4.png

Black Cat

Magister
Miss Bee said:
Cheers, I'm off!
GeniusOfSappheiros4.png

I'm so proud, she's turning into a true Touhoutard. Now it's only a matter of time until she starts uploading images of herself cosplaying Suwako.

:love:

Habity Haba said:
Amaterasu hasn't translated anything shitty yet, so I guess I'll have to take a look.

Have I ever recomended a bad Visual Novel here?

:rpgcodex:

Mirror-kun said:
In related news, Gemini and Tom are working hard on not releasing Soul Hackers' translation yet.

Who cares about Soul Hackers'? We want Little Princess!

anus_pounder

Arcane
Shining Force 2. Is that game any good ? I vaguely remember playing it years ago. Had my fill of W.games, I'll do another run of PST later, looking at Jgames (and potato neighborhood games as well) now.

Black Cat

Magister
I have just been informed Koumajou Densetsu II has gotten an official translation patch, just like the first one did.

For those who aren't in the know, the Koumajou Densetsu games are Castlevania clones in Touhou's Gensokyo setting. Each game follows the story of an official Touhou game in some measure, though not very closely and adapted to the new medium and style. They also use some danmaku elements in boss fights and elsewhere, which is kind of awesome in a Castlevania clone.

Clicky click here to watch a video of Koumajou Densetsu II Stranger's Requiem. It shows most of the second stage, including the boss fight againt Chen. Though for some reason the video was recorded on easy modo regardless of what Reisen and Tewi have to say about that.

And Frontier Aja's touhou artwork is still awesome:

main.jpg

You can download the english and french language files from here, as well as the patches up to 1.02. The game you can find on your own, hmpf.

Black Cat

Magister
@ Plataforming Ferret

Not at all. It's pre-SotN Castlevania with lolis and fairies and pretty dresses. ;)

Koumajou Densetsu, the first one, is kind of a bit rough around the edges and stuffies, though it's still pretty good. And the second one is just awesome.

Some of the bosses are very hard, though. Mostly because of the genre mix: When you are on the ground, and maybe jumping, you have a normal hitbox that includes most, or all, of your character. When you are flying, however, you have a much smaller hitbox, and thus the enemies can throw all kind of shit at you while you still have a chance of evading it. In the second one you can only fly for a little while before needing to land to recover your, like, flying energy, so that makes the bullet density a bit frustrating.

Also, it seems they are thinking about making a third one already, which is kind of awesome given it would have to be based around Imperishable Night and thus include a character switch system, kind of like Portrait of Ruin and Castlevania III. It's enough to make me think of actually buying the previous two and donating for the third.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom