Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Translations of wapanese games

Black Cat

Magister
I forgot some, yesterday.

The Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side 1st Love Plus' final patch was released a bit over a month ago, and you know you want to play it, so stop trying to act tough and do so. And then tell me who's your favorite guy. :3

At least a year old or so, but there's an Aoi Shiro PC version translation patch and I don't really remember if I had already posted about it but then I totally love Aoi Shiro and it includes two of my favorite romantic game routes, like, ever, so fuck you. Just like Akai Ito, its kind of spiritual prequel (from which there's a full script translation but no patch, yet), it's girl on girl, but it lacks any kind of ero, or even relationship confirmation beyond stuffies being kind of implied, so you can play it like they are just really good friends who happen to like drinking each other's blood a whole lot if you are against that kind of thing. In any case, the game's quite famous because on one particular route (Yasumi's) the C&C is so complex and unforgiving you may hit dead ends on the last day because you bought Yasumi the wrong kind of burger during the third day's date shopping trip, but also because yasumi's bad and neutral endings are so bloody beautiful you don't really mind failing badly while trying to find how it really ends.

Spekkio said:
brofist.png

brofist.jpg

Crooked Bee said:
Necrophobia=7 detected.

:P That actually made me lol.

spekkio

Arcane
In case somoby cares.

The fan-made sequel to Chrono Trigger, Crimson Echoes has been leaked after being killed by Square-Enix (C&D letter, or so the authors say). :roll:

You can find it in usual places (UndergroundGaymer for example).

Victory at sea! :M

spekkio

Arcane
This is the complete Chrono Trigger Crimson Echos rom leaked by reddit user "buu700". This is NOT to be confused with the alpha leak from a long while back which was not even close to finished.
I only know according to the reddit post that this is at least complete enough to be playable from start to finish (it's apparently even newer than the 98% build this was originally thought to be). I am guessing there may be a bug or two along the way but that's a bout it. Certainly infinitely better than that old alpha leak.
speculation is that this patch is actually the April 7th BETA build and that this is not a "final" or "leaked" version of the completed project.
More DRAMA in comments.

Going through this thread reminded me that I never picked up Steambot Chronicles, despite an extreme interest in it a few years back. I think It's time for a hunt.

spekkio

Arcane
Good news for fans of wapanese Wizardry games.

Some fag named tico999 decided to translate Wizardry 6 for SNES and upload it on UG.

NFO:
Code:
This is english translated version of Wizardry VI: Bane of the Cosmic Forge SNES game.
I start the translation 5 year ago but in past few years don't have time the completly finished this. The game is 99% English and has some minor bugs but full playable from begin to end. To english spells items and monsters name switch this from JAP to ENG in OPTION menu.
As you can see, his english is close to perfect. :lol:
Yeah, look who's talking... :(

Screenies:

35329828.jpg

77674662.jpg

Link: here

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
spekkio said:
Good news for fans of wapanese Wizardry games.

Some fag named tico999 decided to translate Wizardry 6 for SNES and upload it on UG.

NFO:
Code:
This is english translated version of Wizardry VI: Bane of the Cosmic Forge SNES game.
I start the translation 5 year ago but in past few years don't have time the completly finished this. The game is 99% English and has some minor bugs but full playable from begin to end. To english spells items and monsters name switch this from JAP to ENG in OPTION menu.
As you can see, his english is close to perfect. :lol:
Yeah, look who's talking... :(

Screenies:

35329828.jpg

77674662.jpg

Link: here

For fags that don't use torrents : http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic ... 681193e099

Luzur

Good Sir
spekkio said:
In case somoby cares.

The fan-made sequel to Chrono Trigger, Crimson Echoes has been leaked after being killed by Square-Enix (C&D letter, or so the authors say). :roll:

You can find it in usual places (UndergroundGaymer for example).

Victory at sea! :M

well? is it playable? anybody tried it?

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Just been trying it out today. It's better than I expected, all the areas are completely new, except some of the buildings that are too important to the storyline to have changed, like the castle and Crono's house. It's pretty much a whole new game, and seems to have a lot of content.

Graphically some of it is fairly fucked up since they had to paste together existing parts to make new stuff, but overall it looks really good. I've encountered a couple of battle freezing bugs that aren't supposed to exist on the emulator I'm using, but they've been easy enough to get around, and you don't exactly lose a lot of progress time wise when you have save states and frame skipping to work with.

Overall, a solid :thumbsup:

spekkio

Arcane
Maybe not OT per se, but anyway...

I've noticed that DS gets much love on 'Dex recently, mainly for being the only platform that still receives 'oldschool' RPGs from mainstream publishers.
By 'oldschool' I don't mean dialogue options and romances but dungeon crawling and punishing difficulty.
But what about the so-called 'innovashun'. And I don't mean gay sex scenes or dialogue wheel.

Despite being a shitty PS2 clone, AFAIK PSP delivered in this filed recently.
And since there's working emulator of this baby...

:smug:

1. Holy Invasion of Privacy, Badman! What Did I Do to Deserve This? (2009)

MobyGames said:
Holy Invasion of Privacy, Badman! is a strategy game in the vein of the Bullfrog game, Dungeon Keeper. Players use their pickaxe to dig deep into the earth to protect the villain, Badman, from harm. Their goal is to create monsters by digging up nutrient-filled blocks, which produce monsters. The more nutrients inside the block, the more powerful the monster is. By creating all sorts of powerful monsters, you'll increase your 'Battle Power', which indicates how powerful Badman's entire army is.

Players only have a limited amount of 'Dig Power' available. After this runs out, they cannot dig through the earth any more, and must rely on the monsters to take care of the dungeon. More Dig Power can be earned for each level by not using all the Dig Power you were given, or by earning bonus Dig Power at the end of the level.
Pix:

34994521.jpg

72685503.jpg

64200369.jpg

43149919.jpg

Vidya:
YewTube

More info:
HCG101
Wikipedia

2. What Did I Do To Deserve This, My Lord? 2 (2010)

Wikipedia said:
The gameplay is the same as the first Holy Invasion Of Privacy, Badman! game's: Using a limited number of "steps" and a pickaxe, the player must dig and create a maze with monsters in it, to defend Overlord Badman from the heroes.

While the game shares the first installment's gameplay, it also introduces additional features, exclusive to the sequel. These additions include Mutation (monsters can mutate in three forms: by deformity, by obesity and by gigantism) and The Overlord's Chamber, where you can grow monsters and observe their evolution, aside from graphical changes.
Pix:

73079317.jpg

64170517.jpg

47112684.jpg

Vidya:
YewTube

More info:
HCG101
Wikipedia

3. Z.H.P. Unlosing Ranger VS Darkdeath Evilman (2010)

Gamepro said:
The odd little game genre called "roguelikes" -- turn-based, RPG-like dungeon exploration games named after the 1980 computer game that inspired them -- are not known for being particularly gentle or inviting. Roguelikes are games where every move is permanent, where reloading a previous save counts as a loss, and where a loss can make you lose everything you've worked so hard to earn -- not exactly mainstream-friendly mechanics. But that's exactly what makes Z.H.P. noteworthy: aside from the kid-oriented Pokémon Mystery Dungeon games, this is among the most mainstream-friendly roguelikes available.

Your character's "training" involves going through randomly generated dungeons filled with enemies, traps, and items to perform some sort of "rescue." You start at level 1 in each dungeon, and you'll need to build your strength by both pummeling enemies for EXP and exploring to find strong gear and helpful goodies. However, you'll need to monitor your energy, which is consumed with every move you make (and refilled with a limited supply of food), as well as your equipment's durability, which depletes during combat. If you run out of HP, you'll get sent back to Bizarro HQ and lose all items and money in your current inventory.

Every area you explore has unique enemies and "gimmicks" that make it distinct, as well as an inventive boss encounter at the end that challenges you to solve puzzles and make the most of the game's combat elements. If you get tired of any of the "standard" dungeons, you can opt to dive into some of the more difficult and extremely lengthy optional levels to find higher-quality equipment, money, and NPCs to staff your base. There's lots of replay value, and dungeon romping is a great way to kill time.
Pix:

27931123.jpg

65926852.jpg

61548782.jpg

91689465.jpg

Vidya:
Yewtube

More info:
HCG101
Wikipedia

4. Half-minute Hero (2009)

MobyGames said:
Half-Minute Hero is an extremely fast-paced Japanese-style RPG. In the main game mode, Hero 30, each quest requires the player to gather items and equipment, level up, complete story events, and ultimately reach and defeat the boss, all before the strict 30-second time limit expires. There are several dozen missions to play through, each with their own unique location and scenario.

In addition to the main Hero 30 mode, there are also several other modes included in Half-Minute Hero, all of which feature the same strict 30-second time limit:

* Dark Lord 30 casts the player as a reformed dark lord who punishes evil for the sake of his love. His game is a real-time strategy game where the player can summon various monsters and cast spells to defeat enemies.

* Princess 30 sees the player take control of a young princess who must leave the castle to find medicine for her sick father, the king. Her game plays as a scrolling shooter.

* Knight 30 puts the player in the role of a knight who must protect a Sage as he casts a spell to clear the area of monsters. His game is an action game much like a tower defense game.
Pix:

92750279.jpg

53641742.jpg

97627316.png

19860695.png

27980924.jpg

Vidya:
YewTube

More info:
Wikipedia

5. Cladun: This is an RPG! (2010)

MobyGames said:
Cladun: This is an RPG is a humorous action JRPG developed exclusively for the PSP by Nippon Ichi Software. Gameplay mainly consists of fighting through levels (called "dungeons") with a party of characters, earning money, items and experience, and features a very wide array of customization. It's different from many other JRPGs because of a very unusual adventuring party mechanics. The defining theme of the game is that it's presented in a retro style influenced by the 8-bit era of video games. In-game music can be switched in the options menu between "real" (a regular polyphonic soundtrack) and "retro" (with chiptune versions of the same tracks).

The most unique thing in Cladun is it's party creation system called "Magic Circle". There is a main character (which can be switched between dungeons) that you control directly - he or she is the core of a team and defines the shape of the circle. Other characters in the party are called "subs" - their role is to contribute their health points and other attributes. They are inserted into slots in the magic circle, which connect with slots for "artifacts" which raise statistics and grant bonuses to either a sub or the main character. There are five character classes - warrior, dragoon, guardian, wizard and merchant, and each class has different magic circle configurations available when serving the main character role.
Pix:

68496819.jpg

63282249.png

28207575.jpg

37539111.jpg

Vidya:
Yewtube

More info:
HCG101

6. Jikandia: The Timeless Land (2011)

Aksys Games said:
In Jikandia, you must travel through dungeons in search of your friends. You can set the time limit for each dungeon yourself! Dungeons are altered in several ways according to the time limit you set, so no adventure is the same twice! The longer you spend in one, the more likely you’ll come across rare items and treasure chests…but you’ll also face more monsters and difficult traps. Also, by meeting certain requirements, you can unlock specific events and cause legendary items to appear. Activating the “Awakening” mode will make you stronger, faster, and more powerful! Obtain magic orbs to customize your hero’s skills as you wish. Up to four PSP systems can be linked to play in the Jikandia Coliseum timed stages where you can battle against your friends and dodge traps to win with the highest score!
Pix:

41773606.jpg

25957861.jpg

34161518.jpg

10015108.jpg

Vidya:
JewTube

More info:
RPGaymer

Dicus? :?

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
It has probably been mentioned, but let me mention it again. Tactics Ogre for the SNES has been translated.

Devil

Scholar
GarfunkeL said:
Any news on new Rance/Alicesoft stuff?
Rance 1 - translated.
Rance 2 - translating in progress
Rance 3 - translating in progress
Rance 4 - waiting for it's turn to be translated
ETC

Just google "Rance Translation".

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Mother 1+2 for GBA has been translated. Well, the Mother 1 part that is; Mother 2/Earthbound got some very basic menu translation aimed at people who already played the game on SNES and know the plot. The Mother 1 translation means that you do not need to dabble with the NES prototype anymore, and it should avoid the issues of mistakes and cut content. It also adds an "Easy Ring" that should address the complaint that the game is too grindy by reducing the rate of random encounters and doubling money and experience gains.

spekkio

Arcane
:bro:

Nothing new on Front Mission / Soul Hackers / Rhapsody 2 front. :(

Second, the next prototype patch for Front Mission 2 is coming soon. Our QA analysts are enjoying playing through the game with more and more of it being in English. In due time, all of you will be too!

:rpgcodex:

lightbane

Arcane
:rage:

Well, at least Front Mission 5 has already been translated. Btw, another game that has been translated recently is:

http://agtp.romhack.net/project.php?id=hourai
Adventures of Hourai High: This is a rather silly RPG about an exchange student. Example: during the introduction sequence it is revealed that his flight is running late, so in order to make sure that he´s on time for the opening ceremonies at the school, the stewardess pushes him out of the plane with a faulty parachute. Hourai features plenty of penguins, wacky clubs, and crazy school hijinks. It also features a class system similar to FF5´s, or so I hear - you join clubs, and as you rank higher in the clubs you gain more abilities.

May give it a look later.

felicity

Scholar
It's an old translation but I just discovered.

Eien no Aselia - Kono Daichi no Hate de.

It is a board game-ish strategy game. You control 1-6 squads on the world map and fulfill mission objectives. Each squad is made up of up to 3 elements: Attacker, Defender, and Supporter. "Spirits" can be assigned to these roles and of course each has their own skill set and some are better in defender role and so on.

There is no tactical control. You may set which skills to be used and then the combat will resolve automatically. Skill uses in combat is ordered in phases, and can only be used a number of times before running of uses (similar to DnD's spell system).

Your rating is shown at the end of mission. It can be difficult to get SS (the highest rank). There is no need to grind in this game, you don't get experience from combat. You only need mana (money) and trainer to level up your Spirits. You get mana from capturing town, getting a high rating, reaching mission objective etc.

Some tips:
Ctrl - Fastward battles, and most importantly texts. There are tons of shitty writings.
L - Skip battle. Convenient when you're confident in your battle planning.
1-6 number keys - Immediately takes control of the designated squad.
Download the English walkthrough if you want to rush for SS rating. You will need to know the turns limitation in each mission.
Don't train the loli (well the loli-est of the lolis) on your first playthroug. She is a waste of mana until high level.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom