Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Translations of wapanese games

spekkio

Arcane
drog said:
I had looked for translations to Japanese hentai games for years, and while I found a few translation groups, this is where I was able to find the biggest compilation of resources.
spekkio said:
tenor.gif

:cry:

List updated: 21.07.19 (80 pages of decline and still growing)

PC (DOS / Windows)

Alchemy Meister – The God Captor
Aoi Shiro
Big Bang Age
Bunny Black
Bunny Must Die (Chelsea and the Seven Devils)
Cloe's Requiem
Comyu
Crescent Pale Mist
Eien no Aselia
Gadget Trial
Generation XTH - Code Hazard
Genius of Sappheiros
Hatoful Boyfriend
Hellsinker
Koumajou Densetsu 2
Labyrinth of Touhou
Labyrinth of Touhou 2
Legend of Sword and Fairy
Lunatic Dawn - Book of Futures
Lunatic Dawn: Passage of the Book
Mamatoto
Rance 2
Remember11 - The Age of Infinity
Sekien No Inganock
Sengoku Gensokyo
Shikkoku no Sharnoth - What a Beautiful Tomorrow
Touhou Soujinengi
Wizardry Chronicles
Wizardry Empire 2 Plus - Legacy of the Princess
Xanadu Next
Ys 1 & 2 Complete
Ys - The Oath in Felghana
Ys 6 - The Ark Of Napishtim
Ys Origin
YU-NO - The Girl that Chants Love at the Edge of the World

PC-98

Brandish 2 - Planet Buster
CRW Metal Jacket
Dead of the Brain
Screamer
Star Cruiser II: The Oddyseus Project

MSX

Firebird - The Phoenix Saga
Knightmare III - Shalom
Princess Maker
Rune Master
Shiryou Sensen: War of the Dead Part 2
Xak III: The Tower of Gazzel

Sega Mega Drive / Genesis

Rent a Hero
Vixen 357

Sega Saturn

Dragon Force 2
Policenauts

Sega Dreamcast

Karous
Seven Mansions

Turbografx-CD

Castlevania: Rondo of Blood
Ys 4 - The Dawn of Ys

Playstation 1

Ace Combat 3 (Retranslation)
Akumajo Dracula X - Gekka no Yasoukyoku a.k.a. Castlevania - SOTN
Asuncia - Staff of Sealing
Brigandine - Grand Edition
Clock Tower - The First Fear
Echo Night 2
Front Mission 2
King's Field 1
Langrisser 4
Persona 2 - Innocent Sin
Policenauts
Super Robot Wars Alpha Gaiden
Tales of Phantasia
Tales of Phantasia (alternate translation)
Tear Ring Saga - Champions of Yutona

Playstation 2

Ar Tonelico 2 - Project Metafalica (Retranslation)
Atelier Marie + Elie - The Alchemists Of Salburg
Dragon Quest V Remake
Front Mission 5
Phantasy Star Generation 1
Phantasy Star Generation 2
Shadow Tower Abyss
Shin Megami Tensei 3: Nocturne Maniax - Chronicle Edition
Standard Daisenryaku: Shiwareta Shouri
Tear Ring Saga - Berwick Saga

Playstation 3

Tales of Vesperia

Playstation Portable

7th Dragon 2020
7th Dragon 2020-II
A Certain Magical Index
Danganronpa
Digimon World Re - Digitize
Grand Knights History
Half-Minute Hero 2 (Yuusha 30 Second)
La Pucelle Ragnarok
Monster Hunter Portable 3rd
Nayuta - Endless Trails
Super Robot Wars A - Portable
Valkyria Chronicles 3

NES

19: Neunzehn
Battle Storm
King of Kings
Lagrange Point
Legend of Double Moon
Shadow Brain

Super NES

Aretha
Chaos Seed
Dark Half
Dual Orb 2
Energy Breaker
Fire Emblem 4 - Genealogy of the Holy War (Retranslation)
Fire Emblem 5 - Thracia 776
Galaxy Robo
Glory Of Heracles 4 - Gift From The Gods
G. O. D.
Hyper Iria
Kishin Douji Zenki: Battle Raiden
Kyuuyaku Megami Tensei I & II
La Wares
Lost Bible 3
Majin Tensei
Majin Tensei 2
Marvelous: Mouhitotsu no Takarajima
Princess Minerva
Record Of Lodoss War
Romancing SaGa
Shin Megami Tensei if...
Song of the Angel
Stories of Ihavoto
Super Famicom Wars
Super Robot Wars 3 (Retranslation)
Super Robot Wars Ex
Super Robot Wars Gaiden - The Elemental Lords
Super Shell Monsters Story
Tengai Makyou Zero
Wizardry Gaiden 4
Ys 5 - Kefin, Lost Kingdom Of Sand

Nintendo 64

Custom Robo

Wii

Zero: Tsukihami no Kamen a.k.a. Fatal Frame 4 - Mask of the Lunar Eclipse

Game Boy Color

Wizardy - Empire
Wizardry Empire - Staff of Resurection

Game Boy Advance

Fire Emblem 6 - The Binding Blade
Magical Vacation
Mother 1+2
Mother 3
Napoleon
Oriental Blue

Dual Screen

7th Dragon
Ace Attorney Investigations 2
Fire Emblem - Heroes Of Light And Shadow (12)
Love Revo DS
Nanashi no Game
Nanashi no Game: Me
Ni no Kuni: The Jet-Black Mage
SaGa2
SaGa3
Tales of Innocence
Tales of Tempest
Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side 1st Love Plus
Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side 2nd

Nintendo 3DS

Great Ace Attorney

Last edited:

spekkio

Arcane
Hello & welcome, dear trannies!

As 99% of Codexers are closet consolefags and weaboofags, I've decided to create this topic to post some info about all those wonderful wapanese games, that were unfortunately not released in english-speaking environment and are being fan-translated ATM.

And no, I don't mean all those rape-simulators. :(

:mhd:

As you may already know, almost all important and not released in USA/Europe Japanese games from NES/GameGear/SNES/Genesis era are now probably already fan-translated.

Best source for fan-translations is probably Romhacking.net

The most active translation group is AFAIK Aeon Genesis with 70 Completed & 37 ongoing projects.

Those guys are for example responsible for translations of Shin Megami Tensei 1 & 2, LP'ed here & here for you by Black Cat.

:thumbsup:

One of the reasons for creating such things like WiiWare, XBLA or PSN Store was IMO publishers paying attention to the growth of fan-translations scene.

So now you can buy Front Mission 1st from Squaresoft and play it on your dear DS, instead of getting it for free and playing on Snes emulator. With that consolefags have their own GOG.

:smugcodex:

With the depletion of interesting Japanese games from 8 & 16-bit era, the time has come for translators to move into 32-bit field.

1) Tales of Phantasia

The 1st big PSX-translation project was probably ToP, translated by Gemini & throughhim413 in December 2007.

Check out all this cuteness, fluffyness and kawaiiness! (nya!)

fzagsx.png

mmwpp2.png

2akik4i.png

ekjipt.png

This game is a PSX re-release of jRPG released originally for Snes. Both versions were not released officially in US.

ToP established a "Tales of..." series, which declined heavily thorough 1995-200x time period.

Other unreleased PS2 games from this series are being translated by this guys.

2) Persona 2 - Innocent Sin

This gaem was every weaboo's wet dream. Second game in Shin Megami Tensei spinoff series Persona was never released in US due to Sony being total pussies, afraid of releasing in the motherland of democracy a game containing such topics as homosexuality & neo-nazism (topics very close to the hearts of many Codexers, I may add).

It was translated by Gemini & Tom in October 2008.

Short Story Description
Three years after the first Persona, a curse has fallen on Sumaru City and it was placed by the Joker as a punishment for a sin that nobody remembers. A group of high-school students, led by Tatsuya Su, must prevent the Joker from collecting enough human dreams to open the Gate of Heaven.

Misc Information
Here is the game programmed by Satan himself. This is one of those games you would NEVER like to be involved with. It has a massive amount of GPU tricks and strange optimizations, so believe me when I say this game is EVIL.
As for the translation, Tom is in charge for dialogue translation. Also many thanks go to Cidsa, mumei, and Oyster for helping me with menu translation.

I tried to play this game but was turned off by insanely high encounter rate. Except of that, it's not that bad I think.

Of course Persona series is probably the most declined series of jRPGs ATM (maybe after FF, but Square started from ultra low level), ask EmoVamp if you're interested in more info. He shows some exceptional knowledge in this field, at least for a person that hates everything wapanese. :(

2nks1hy.jpg

iefckh.jpg

2uyta83.jpg

2m7ji8m.jpg

eiqdty.jpg

3) Super Robot Wars Alpha Gaiden

In December 2008 Aeon Genesis released their first PSX-translation: SRWG.

Now, I'm not gonna embarrass myself more than necessary by writing about a game created after some animu series.

Screens should be enough:

2lapgz7.png

2my0ww3.png

10xh4bl.png

3532fpe.png

4) Policenauts

In August 2009 guys from policenauts.net released their english patch for Policenauts, a prequel to Hideo Kojima's (yup, the Snake-Father guy) Snatcher.

You can find ghostdog's great Snatcher LP here. Don't forget to ask him for Policenauts LP for the 100th time!

t9cy6r.jpg

2md53ya.jpg

2nb4vwo.jpg

qrxb0h.jpg

2entj49.jpg

5) Akumajo Dracula X - Gekka no Yasoukyoku

In September 2009 Gemini & throughhim413 released a complete re-translation of Castlevania - Symphony of the Night.
Considered by many the best Castlevania ever released, here I present you the retranslation to Gekka no Yaskyoku, also known as Nocturne in the Moonlight, or, more commonly, Symphony of the Night.
This project was born as an Italian translation, and when that was released throughhim413 and I decided to also make an English version because some people were actually demanding a retranslation, not to mention that the SOTN argument was pretty popular back in 2007-2008 because of the "improved" porting included in Dracula X Chronicles.
On the technical side of the project, I remember it being a complete mess, in perfect Konami style. Hacking this game's code is like a hacker's worst nightmare. Makes no sense for the most, and what makes little sense is repeated all over and over for each map using that specific piece of code. I had to hack probably something like 30 or 40 copies of the same routine, which only prints item names. I'm not even sure how it is possible that this game runs at all.

Many competent consolefags hails this game as best 2D action game EVAR. Well, I'm not competent enough to validate this opinion (TBH I didn't own any console in my whole life) but I plan to try this game one day...

b7giyx.png

2mq9atf.png

xni885.png

16m96pi.png

Devil Hacker's WIP:

Gemini is working on two projects ATM:

Having PSX games mostly covered, it's time to proceed into (almost)current-gen area.

6) Front Mission 5

In December 2009 guys from frontmission.info released 1st English translation of Japanese PS2 game: FM5.

The Front Mission series is a set of videogames for a variety of gaming platforms. Sadly, many of the games in the series were never released outside of Japan. The project brings together a highly-motivated and dedicated team of Front Mission fans who have taken it upon themselves to produce a high-quality English translation of the games. We started with Front Mission 5: Scars of the War

Now is probably the time to show you my l33t skills in the field of emulation.

To play this gaem, you'll need:

I've patched this game myself and tested it on pcsx2 rev 1888.

Screens from original game:

jzcwwo.jpg

fc8hw0.jpg

23m7kol.jpg

142aa6r.jpg

f26450.jpg

8wcrcn.jpg

2uz9wrt.jpg

14tq4ok.jpg

Game with translation patch applied:

2lc7ko2.jpg

9i8bns.jpg

igbtyr.jpg

zvy4gz.jpg

280td1z.jpg

frontmission.info WIP:
  • Front Mission 2 (PSX)
  • Front Mission Alternative (PSX)

7) Zero: Tsukihami no Kamen a.k.a. Fatal Frame 4 - Mask of the Lunar Eclipse.

In January 2010 guys from zero4.higashinoeden.com released 1st English translation of current-gen (if you consider Wii a current-gen console) Japanese game: Zero: Tsukihami no Kamen.

This game is the 4th in Fatal Frame / Project Zero series, which may be familiar to some of you (PS2/Xbawx era).

If you're into games with underage wapanese girls, look no further:

wjci1k.jpg

2lwk64m.jpg

The authors of this translation patch tried to protect their asses from Nintendo banhammer, mainly by making this patch to work in a weird way (on-the-fly modifications). Basically, this patch should not work with pirated copies of the game.

Developed for the Fatal Frame 4 Patch to automatically exchange files on a Wii Disc with files from an SD card or USB drive.

Enables region-free loading for patched games, on any console of any region.

Runs directly from the SD card, with no need for any other homebrew or modifications.

:codexrage:

Unfortunately for them, Anonymous delivered, as it always does :smug:

To play this gaem, you'll need:
  • computer powerful enough to run Wii emulator (or modded Wii),
  • Gamecube/Wii emulator, the one and only available ATM is Dolphin (official site, current revisions compiled by Orleans)
  • ORIGINAL game, preferably in convenient .iso format :)
  • WiiScrubber1.40, partitionbuilder 1.1 & patch file

I've tried method described above and tested the game on Dolphin rev 4298 with such results:

Screens from original game:

a4906d.jpg

2mfztl.jpg

72dqw3.jpg

17zuix.jpg

Game with translation patch applied:

2v2jsc6.jpg

fdd7rm.jpg

2epskmc.jpg

t8tdw9.jpg

jrqnp3.jpg

2z9i36g.jpg

29z64c5.jpg

20gb8ug.jpg

xrktx.jpg

5ogu4x.jpg

Check out this screenshot taken in fullscreen (1680x1050):

link

zero4.higashinoedenc.com WIP:
Probably buying plane tickets to GTFO from Nintendo latvian hitmen.

Alright, I think I violated your innocent PC-centric minds enough. Thanks for reading. :smug:

bhlaab

Erudite
I'm retranslating Final Fantasy 6

Current Version Changelog v.01b (11/23/06)
--------------------------------------------------------
-Added "-sama" suffix to all names
-Changed all instances of "stupid" or "dumb" to "baka"

spekkio

Arcane
Zomg said:
I used to recommend Front Mission 3 but it's really way too easy, I don't know if the rest of the series is different. It doesn't have a hard mode where you need to generate actual thoughts like the better Japanese squad tactics games.
If you want to play challenging jTactical gaem, try Final Fantasy Tactics 1.3 Mod

FFT community's effort to create an updated, balanced, and challenging FFT experience.

EV said:
So this is what RPG Codex has come down to.

Look out, kids! It's HIM!

*Edit:
88th post, fuck yeah!

29wqxzs.jpg

Even if I was a weeaboo I wouldn't be, because it seems blindingly obvious no one translated them for a reason.

And the reason is that even weeaboos thought they fucking sucked.

fzagsx.png

jesus.

Gerrard

Arcane
Emotional Vampire said:
Even if I was a weeaboo I wouldn't be, because it seems blindingly obvious no one translated them for a reason.

And the reason is that even weeaboos thought they fucking sucked.

jesus.
Grafixx whore.

spekkio

Arcane
I hope you noticed that the party is not fighting only 2 King Cobras here, but also 2 Cloaked Predators.

fzagsx.png

That probably explains why they are maxed out.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
What was the game where you re-played WW2, except half of the soldiers are girls with miniskirts and the other half are typical japanese emo spiky hair boys? It sounded so crazy it might be good :oops:

KalosKagathos

Learned
GarfunkeL said:
What was the game where you re-played WW2, except half of the soldiers are girls with miniskirts and the other half are typical japanese emo spiky hair boys? It sounded so crazy it might be good :oops:
Valkyria Chronicles, GotY 2008™. Think JA, only linear, third-person, with more fanservice and an even cheesier story. Everything the Codex loves, basically.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
other half are typical japanese emo spiky hair boys
You can't be more wrong then that.
valkyriachroniclesvi5.jpg

As we speak I'm replaying VC, a must buy if you have a PS3.

spekkio

Arcane
Phew, for a moment I thought GarfunkeL was asking about Strike Witches

Pre-orders for the Nintendo DS version will also receive a fake girl's gym shorts DS pouch with their order.

:thumbsup:

Fortunately it was only VC...

Black Cat

Magister
@ Zomg

"SMT 1+2 and Persona 2 are not playable by human beings."

Ahem... *Tilts head, wiggles ears, points at signature with the tip of her tail*

I feel deeply hurt and, like, totally insulted, nya.

laclongquan

Arcane
Thanks for the head up on Front Mission 5. After I finish Sengoku Rance I will look that up.

Front Mission 3 is too easy mostly due to the ease-of-use save/load feature of ePSXe. Hotdamn! I can reload in a blink.

And SMT is too old already. Normally the age thing doesnt stop me but SMT is not that much of a curiousity.

Suicidal

Arcane
Once I tried to get Front Mission 4 to run on my PC with an emulator. Didn't go so well.

Do I have a chance of getting FM5 to work judging from the fact that FM4 ran like shit?

AzraelCC

Scholar
Why do they need to re-translate Symphony of the Night? The English Translated release for the PSX was already good.

KalosKagathos said:
Seconded.

So you have PS3 and love VC.

Wow, and to think I called you out about BlazBlue the other day.

Sometimes I wonder, why I am so good? Then I realize that 90% of people on Internet are weeaboo faggots so it takes no skill at all :(

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom