Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Serious Sam Fusion - Remasters of Remasters - FREE for owners of the previous Remaster(s)

Astral Rag

Arcane
ss_59bd3543b2aa49bd2ea59c81fd28056edb4c6faf.1920x1080.jpg

What does it do?
Serious Sam Fusion 2017 will enable a lot of cool new features, like a common workshop and cross-game mods. All of the games can be started from one application, so you can jump between playing The First Encounter level to a Serious Sam 3 level and back without exiting the game. When listing game servers, servers playing TFE, TSE, SS3 – will all appear in the same list and you can vote map across games if you want. Oh, and VR games will be able to be played in multiplayer together with their flat counterparts!
Since there are so many changes and exciting new features, we'll just go ahead a list them here as bullet points.
Cool new features in Serious Sam Fusion 2017

All games now support SteamOS/Linux/OSX!
Split-screen!
64bit executables
Support for Vulkan API (DirectX9 is now being removed)
Multithreaded rendering
The new "light-weight" savegame system - savegames are now saved much faster, are very small and stored in the Steam cloud, and savegames still work even if a level is changed in a patch, or if a mod is updated
Full support for all controllers including Steam controller, PS4 gamepads, all older DInput joysticks
Proper multimonitor support
Borderless window support
Customizable sound outputs
Proper 3D audio using a proprietary sound-mixer (the same approach as used in the old Classic games)
Improved physics engine with better handling of character movement
Texture streaming in all games
Much better modding support with customizable weapons and items, improved scripting (including better support for scripting networked games)
Lots of other improvements, optimizations and fixes

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
I'm playing thru Serious Sam HD at the moment, should I switch to this?

Or fuck it, I guess I can just give it a go and see for myself.

schru

Arcane
I wonder if they bothered to implement those sections with modified gravity this time.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Last edited:

Martius

Liturgist
Cant you try to issue refund if you would buy Fusion anyway?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
The SS games have been dirt cheap in the past, anyway. Years ago I bought the whole collection on Amazon for like $9. And that was after owning a few already (sold off the extra keys). Don't think I paid more than $2 for SS2.

A horse of course

Maybe they could "remaster" the ACOG and CoD sprinting out of BFE, the hack frauds.

Maybe they could "remaster" the ACOG and CoD sprinting out of BFE, the hack frauds.

I'm fine with sprinting, at least I can outrun the fucking beheaded kamikazes now. It was reloading that sucked most. It turned into a signficantly better game when I tried no reloading mod. Seems possible someone came up with sprinting removal mod by this point too.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy

I'm fine with sprinting, at least I can outrun the fucking beheaded kamikazes now. It was reloading that sucked most. It turned into a signficantly better game when I tried no reloading mod. Seems possible someone came up with sprinting removal mod by this point too.

Not only does the game have an in-game achievement if you beat it without using sprint (and iron sights, and takedowns, etc), but it's really easy to just redefine the controls to disable them.

Why should the devs do something the players can easily do?

Endemic

Arcane
I appreciate the platform and multiplayer updates, the graphics never bothered me and I didn't really use mods.

I wonder if they bothered to implement those sections with modified gravity this time.

Nope.

Same dev posted this earlier:

"The Directional Gravity Feature is something that is unlikely to be supported again. It is not just related to gravity, but the AI, particle system, and many other basic systems that depend on an internally declared static "up" and "down".

It would indeed need a complete rewrite of the engine, which is unlikely to happen. It happened only once, when Serious Engine 2 was created for SS2, and since then, the same engine was used, updated, parts replaced, etc. This is pretty much the reason Fusion is possible right now, because the engines of all previous games are technically the same engine, just different iterations (and yes, technically it would be possible to port SS2 as well, but since it was made with the oldest iteration of the engine, it would need a tremendous amount of time and effort to update everything to work again).

It would be insane to throw out more than a decade long of constant development just for one single feature."

A shame really, but this gives a better understanding of the workload required to implement the gravity mechanics.

schru

Arcane
That's a shame. I'll be directing people to play the old versions first, then, as much as I enjoy the visual upgrades.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Serious Sam: Revolutions is what you'll be wanting then. It updates FE and SE to modern standards, and is based on the original Serious Engine.

If you own FE and SE you should get it for free.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom