Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Read Let's Read Fallout: New Vegas - All Roads

lightbane

Arcane
Since RK did a lp of Fallout New Vegas, I decided to lp this short story based on the game. Why? Because I can, that's why. Now, I hope you enjoy it:

FalloutNVAllRoads001.jpg

FalloutNVAllRoads002.jpg

FalloutNVAllRoads003.jpg

FalloutNVAllRoads004.jpg

FalloutNVAllRoads005.jpg

FalloutNVAllRoads006.jpg

FalloutNVAllRoads007.jpg

FalloutNVAllRoads008.jpg

FalloutNVAllRoads009-010.jpg

FalloutNVAllRoads011.jpg

FalloutNVAllRoads012.jpg

FalloutNVAllRoads013.jpg

FalloutNVAllRoads014.jpg

FalloutNVAllRoads015.jpg

FalloutNVAllRoads016.jpg

FalloutNVAllRoads017-018.jpg

FalloutNVAllRoads019.jpg

FalloutNVAllRoads020.jpg

FalloutNVAllRoads021.jpg

FalloutNVAllRoads022.jpg

FalloutNVAllRoads023.jpg

FalloutNVAllRoads024.jpg

FalloutNVAllRoads025.jpg

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
The art is actually pretty good as far as cheap one-shot license comics artwork goes. And MCA's writing is by far better than what you usually get in this type of thing.

Another nice detail is that even here he's got the "Let go" and "Begin again" theme going on.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
.............majestic as fuck.

It makes me sympathize with that chequered suit guy...too bad Caesar got him.

ironyuri

this version is low-res which makes it look shittier.

i have the original hardcopy at home and it's very cleanly drawn. nice art, and yes the writing is good for the medium.

it sets up the beginning of fonv nicely, you even find some of the locations from the comic in-game, ie:

the fiend attacked camp site, the khans camp-site and some other shit.

Morkar Left

Not only the locations, even items and the people of course, too.

I think Benny was portrayed pretty good in the comic. And the comic is the best introduction to a game I've seen so far.

ironyuri

Morkar said:
Not only the locations, even items and the people of course, too.

I think Benny was portrayed pretty good in the comic. And the comic is the best introduction to a game I've seen so far.

i like the fact that it kind of sets benny up in terms of motivations and fleshes him out. he wants to split from the old "tribal" ways, roving the desert, scavenging etc.

I mean fuck people like skyfag who think all fallout tribal is claude levi-strauss anthropology tribal.

anyway, like benny seems to want to break with the old ways in that House brought the tribes to the strip, but has never given them power or respect concurrent to their new ways. Benny wants to fix that and get rid of the shitty mexicans and cannibals.

and he gets the perfect chance but it all seems to go wrong.

Morkar Left

I understood him more as the perfect opportunist and egoistical. And he wants to be the top dog in town ("my kinda town"). He's pretty relaxed and let people go their own way as long as they are not getting in his way and he gets his way.
Chance is the perfect example. He tries to help him first but not because he feels sorry about him (even if his understanding of his problems are pretty spot on). Chance is just a risk for his goal to become the top dog. He wants to minimize risk. It doesn't matter for him if the solution is helping Chance or killing him. I see no greater goal for him than accumulating might. He's very manipulating but he never lies. Instead he just leaves out some additional information and let people run in their own demise.

Radisshu

Prophet
Pretty good so far, but we know MCA's a good writer already. They're really emphasizing Bitter Springs.

EDIT: Fuck I'm stupid, I thought there was going to be moar even though I knew about this being a prequel to New Vegas

The Thin Man

Novice
I liked this, it was a really nice setup to the game, makes me want to play it and see what's up.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
Benny was a p. cool character. I wanted to
save him when I actually got to him in Caesar's camp. And that was after getting backstabbed in the Strip after I was stupid enough to think we could have a nice man-to-man conversation together. It's too bad the game is so easy because at this point I had no weapons or nothing and I was embushed by assholes with guns - it was an easy encounter though, sadly enough. But the idea was pretty good. Anyway, back in Caesar's camp I couldn't save him because it'd get everyone go hostile on my ass, so I just mercy killed him so he didn't get crucified. Didn't feel good about it either. I liked how he went out - "you follow my brilliant idea, someone has to do it, I don't care if I have to die". He was kind of a coward but he didn't flinch when he had to go, that was definitively interesting.

Defintiively a charismatic antagonist. I wonder how I'm going to deal with him in my next game.

ironyuri

Serious_Business said:
Benny was a p. cool character. I wanted to
save him when I actually got to him in Caesar's camp. And that was after getting backstabbed in the Strip after I was stupid enough to think we could have a nice man-to-man conversation together. It's too bad the game is so easy because at this point I had no weapons or nothing and I was embushed by assholes with guns - it was an easy encounter though, sadly enough. But the idea was pretty good. Anyway, back in Caesar's camp I couldn't save him because it'd get everyone go hostile on my ass, so I just mercy killed him so he didn't get crucified. Didn't feel good about it either. I liked how he went out - "you follow my brilliant idea, someone has to do it, I don't care if I have to die". He was kind of a coward but he didn't flinch when he had to go, that was definitively interesting.

Defintiively a charismatic antagonist. I wonder how I'm going to deal with him in my next game.

This is why I don't think he was totally an opportunistic asshole.

He wanted to do best by his "tribe" and he was all about not being a "fink". etc. He basically just wanted to make sure House didn't take over the world and that he and his bros could run Vegas the way they saw fit: to make money from the NCR and to keep out the Legion scum.

Benny was a good antagonist. After he was gone, there was no set antagonist really. Caesar had a reason for doing as he did, the NCR had a reason for doing as they did.

House was more of an antagonist than they were, I'd say. Megalomaniacal powermonger. Fuck.

Benny also had style.

Morkar Left

Jup, Benny had style. It was important for him, too. And I wouldn't call him a coward, but if he had the possibility to make it in a safe way he did. I think that's the reason he went for the courier personally and didn't sent one of his goons.

I didn't know about him in the camp. He never did it this far.

Have to check the tribal thing.

But House more "evil" than Caesar? House sounded pretty cool for me with his ambitions. A lot more sane and human than Caesars (even if it's just by accident / a side-effect)

lightbane

Arcane
Bloody imgur!!! For some reason right now it doesn't work, I'll reupload all of the images on Photobucket.

Luzur

Good Sir
if anything Bethesda should make Fallout 4 in comic form.

not even they can fuck it up that way.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Meh, I've read it before.
Honestly, I think they set Benny up pretty good here as a powermonger and a man that wants it all.
He'll play on emotions, do whatever it takes to get his way, but in the end everyone is expendable.

There was a point in FONV that was cut for whatever reasons, but if you free'd Benny crom Caesar, he would eventually come after you again, calling you a sucker and weak for not finishing him off when you had the chance.

tindrli

Arcane
holy shit.. i didnt read anything this bad in a long long time

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom