Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anarchy Online fun - POWAH ARMOR MANZ 2

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Hey, if anyone is interested in doing it, and since Anarchy Online is free for a whole year now, would any of you guys be interested in playing the game and joining the whole mock clan thing a few of us from RPG Codex and Duck and Cover did with Diablo 2? Basically, it wasn't a real clan or anything, but just a group of guys who already knew one another from the forums here and there that decided to play an online game with one another. So, nothing TOTALLY formal, but we did pretty snazzy in Diablo 2 for ourselves.

Of course, the catch is that you have to sign up by tomorrow, since January 15th is the deadline. You don't even have to have it downloaded by tomorrow, you just have to register an account just in case you'd like to play the game with us at some point. I think here's the link to register:

http://www.anarchy-online.com/free/ad_c ... ecampaign/

So, if you think you might remotely be interested in playing it for free for the next year, there's the important link you need to sign up on. Then you can download it in your spare time.

So, if you're interested, we're going to probably put up a forum over at DAC for it... So...

JION TEH POWAH ARMUOR MANZ 2DAY

or die or something.

Human Shield

Augur
I got to lvl 13 already and stopped, the game is boring without playing in a group. I was able to play in one group and quickly got levels and saw cool stuff as you go deeper into the sewers.

I'm a clanner trader. I could make another character for Omni, thou.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
All my characters are clan.. Well, all two of them. I think the clan thing is better, since they tend to lose most of the tower fights and such.

I've got all my characters on Rubi-Ka 2. How about you?

BTW- The POWAH ARMOR MANZ 2 FORAM is HERE

But yeah, it is a lot of fun in a group, which is the point of POWAH ARMOR MANZ 2, so we can group together with people from these forums and basically goof around, kill things, make stuff, and get rich on the free MMORPG. :D

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
So far, we have mep, me, Teatime, and Exitium.. And Human Shield if he signs on. mep, me, Teatime, and Exitium are all on Rubi-ka 2. Of course, we're all really low level, so if the majority of us are on a different server, switching wouldn't be painful at this point.

aphatmc~

Augur
I'm registering right now. I won't be able to play for at least a month, or when I get my DSL line. :)

Human Shield

Augur
I'm only like 14 on server 1, I could probably start a new character.

Probably going to be a trader again.

All the characters are clan and not omni? Do we start making a friends list in-game with character names?

merry andrew

Erudite
Saint_Proverbius said:
All my characters are clan.. Well, all two of them. I think the clan thing is better, since they tend to lose most of the tower fights and such.
Tower fights are part of the Notum Wars expansion pack, which costs both a client fee and a subscription fee, right?

Sounds fun, but are you all also playing for free, or are you hoping to explore the expansion packs at some point?

Sovy Kurosei

Erudite
I'm downloading now, probably play as a doctor. Now why couldn't Blizzard be doing something like this? Speaking of which... *starts up WoW*.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Human Shield said:
All the characters are clan and not omni?

Well, most of us are clan. I guess you could be Omni, but if most of us are the the clan faction, I don't think we'd be able to team up as much. Also, I've heard Omni players tend to be more tight assed about things.

Ahh.. It looks like we DO have to be in the same faction per the rules:

• How do I start an organisation?

Collect a full team (6 team members) of the same affiliation (Omni-Tek, clan, or neutral) who are not already in an organisation. The team leader can then create an organisation by typing "/org create (name)" (without the quotes, and where (name) is the name of the organisation).

Do we start making a friends list in-game with character names?

Probably. So far, I know the following character names for the group:

Teatime - Mr_Teatime
Waymoste - Me
Exitius - Exitium

merry andrew said:
]Sounds fun, but are you all also playing for free, or are you hoping to explore the expansion packs at some point?

I probably won't be getting any of the expansion packs because I don't like monthly subscriptions.

Ortchel

Liturgist
I believe they removed monthly subscriptions, hence all the 'we've stripped our prices' ads, though I could be wrong about that.

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
You have to pay monthly for the expansion packs.

Well, Saint, I might fire it up again later and join your band of merry men. Maybe playing in a clan will be a different experience. Never done that sort of thing before. Gonna be a bit though. Not really interested in getting back into it at the moment.

Sotka

Novice
There is no difference between clan and omniesin gaming exprerience, except lately just clans are being arser, against the story. And it seems to me omni loose more often bcz there are too many clans :P

Heh me too, I have no omni chars, main are ma neu, shadow neu, fixer clan.

If you want completely different exp, get Shadowlands expansion and start shadow char. Then ask me about perks.

Notum Wars and Alien Invasion are for organisations only, nothing to do for solo char.

Free tip of the day: type in chat window: /tell recipebot help. You will be impressed. You can also drag-n-drop any eq into command line like in /tell recipebot *your_item_here*. Wink.

Snuffles

Novice
I gave this game a go last week and didn't enjoy it, I'll give it a second chance maybe it'll get better with more people, i've just made an agent called Amphi.

RGE

Liturgist
I've tried to download it, but as it happens I have less than 300 MB left on my C: drive, and I'm too much of a lamer to figure out how to tell MSIE or Opera to move the file directly to the drive I've got space on instead of trying to use the swap file on C:.

Briosafreak

Augur
I`m registered, just don`t have time to play it right now. I`ll see if i can join an american server to have some fun with you guys, probably in a month or so. You`ll find me as Brios.

protobob

Liturgist
sounds interesting
but just as I started registering
I remembered how much I hate mmorpgs

have fun

dunduks

Liturgist
I downloaded the game, gave it a spin, still trying to figure out things. For now it doesn't look very exciting, but might be fun in group. So you guys are on Rubi-Ka2 serv? How do I contact you and what is the SEKRIT password? ;)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom