Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Enrollment completed. Bitch about my resolution now.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Well, what do you know? My programming skills, although close to non-existant, were still enough to mod the gamefiles of Afterlight so that I can change the names of the soldiers we can encounter!
I can only do this before starting a game though, as making such changes will invalidate any savegames.

Therefore, I start this thread before I finish my other LP to give you people time enough to sign up for the final adventure, a trip to Mars! Go watch the intro movie to properly get into the mood, and then mull over which character you want to play the role as in my Afterlight LP.

You choose a first and last name, and finally a nickname with a maximum of 15 characters.

This LP will be played on hard difficulty, but I will not be playing pure Ironman. I will try my best to keep people alive, as there's a very limited pool of recruits, in contrast with the earlier games.

So, in this game you can choose to be from one or two of these roles: soldier, technician or scientist. If you want to see action, you need to pick a character that has soldier as one of his/her roles.

Without further ado, here's the list of humans you can pick and choose from. First come, first served! I will below in spoiler tags tell you about the possible aliens that will join the team, should any of you wish one of those as your avatar. If you wish to be a psi-user, you really ought to look underneath the spoiler tags.. If enough people sign up, I will also include the 4 "extra" humans, that normally only join the team under special circumstances:

Soldiers:
Female, original name Ute Heinemann TAKEN

Male, original name Harald Zamyatin TAKEN

Male, original name Diego Ramirez TAKEN

Female, original name Samantha Svensson TAKEN

Soldier/scientists:
Male, original name Hikaru Yoshimori TAKEN

Male, original name Tadeusz Yoshimori TAKEN

Female, original name Gene Lawrence TAKEN

Male, original name Mark Wells TAKEN

Soldier/technician:
Female, original name Pauline Lasalle TAKEN

Male, original name Benat Haradze TAKEN

Male, original name Oliver Svensson TAKEN

Female, original name Vera Schrooten TAKEN

Scientist:
Male, original name Fernando Ramirez TAKEN
Title: Research director

Female, original name Inge Heinemann
Title: Human resources manager

Female, original name Agnieszka Yoshimori
Title: Librarian

Technician:
Female, original name Jacqueline Wells
Title: Production manager

Female, original name Mary Osakwe
Title: Communications officer

Male, original name Edgar Barker TAKEN
Title: Storekeeper

Scientist/technician:
Male, original name Willhelm Schrooten
Title: Commander-in-Chief

Note: for shits and giggles, this man will assume my persona, unless one of you makes a persuasive argument.

Male, original name Neil Barker TAKEN
Title: Home base steward

Here comes the aliens, first the grays. I will be allying with the Expedition (will be explained once the game begins proper. There are three. Only grays can be psionics and use psionic weaponry!

Soldier: Bilakhi'na'mosse TAKEN
Soldier/scientist: Prakhti'm'tklami TAKEN
Scientist: Zatr'la'tchkhol

Then the greens, also three.

Soldier: J!nai*e TAKEN
Soldier/scientist: Shoo*m!
Soldier/scientist: Cai*m!

Alright people. That's 20 options to choose from. If we include those under the spoiler tag, we're up to 26. If we further include the humans that only join under certain circumstances, but that are possible to mod in as easily as I change the names, we come to a grand total of 30. I don't expect that many to show interest, to be perfectly honest, but I hope enough will chime in to at least give proper names to the soldiers (with or without a second profession) on the team.
I'm doing my part. Are you ready to do your part too?

As per JoKa's request, here are the 4 additional humans. Only Rita will show up in my game, IIRC, unless I mod it so the others turn up. I have an irrational hatred towards the twins though, so if someone wants to be one of those, beware that I won't be doing following the semi-ironman rules for them, and if they die, they stay very dead indeed. :rpgcodex:

Soldier/scientist:
Female, original name Rita Lawrence TAKEN

Soldier:
Male, original name Claude Lasalle

Male, original name Pierre Lasalle

Female, original name Olga Zamyatina TAKEN

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
:love:

XnRAc.png

Name: Irene Honeychurch
Nickname: Bee

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
You sure Bee? I would've bet you'd gone for a psionic, same as you did in the two previous games. :M
You're in though. Also if you decide to change your mind. :thumbsup:

eklektyk

Erudite
Re: Enrollment for my Afterlight LP, to begin soon.

wcFsl.png

Name: Grzegorz Brzęczyszczykiewicz [prob too long...]
Nick: eklektyk

"Not much is known of His Family. Except rumors of great Ancestor: Crusher of Xeno, Bane of cowards. Some even call him *whisper* Commissar. Needles to say: there are things to prove , kill , fuck and drink in His Future."

:salute:

not much but right now its all i can do ...

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
@Bee
Yep, and your wish is granted! :salute:
If noone volounteers for the squishy aliens, I'm considering calling the soldiers Squishy and Bob.

@Cassidy, SoupNazi and eklektyk
I :salute: you! :thumbsup:

lightbane

Arcane
tNkLI.png

Name: Roger

Surname: Kusanagi

Nickname: Kenshiro

I picked some japanese characters' names I know at random, bonus points if you know where are these from.

lightbane

Arcane
Edited my character's nickname for something more badass, please change it if you can.

Kz3r0

Arcane

Female, original name Genevieve Lawrence

JoKa

Cipher
zkJ6B.png

First Name: Felicity
Last Name: Shagwell

(hey, that 8-char limit worked out well!)

and nice of you to LP this as well! :love:

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012

Kz3r0 said:

So, Kz3r0, do you wish for her to stick with her almost original name? Shall her callsign be Kz3r0? Or should that stay "Gene"?

@root
I'm sorry, it looks like that face was already claimed by Edward_R_Murrow. Rest assured he will be named Shepard though.

@the rest of you
Updated my post with taken tags next to the faces that are claimed. :salute:

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
juggernaut said:
8 characters :decline:

My bad. :oops: I tested it out with Ute given the name "juggernaut", and there were no problems. It displayed as it should. I think the upper limit might be around 15 characters then, I just assumed, that since none of the original cast had nicks longer than 8, that that was the limit.

So if any of you wish another nickname for your avatar, feel free to chime in/edit your post. Nothing is finalized yet.

Kz3r0

Arcane

Azira said:
Kz3r0 said:

So, Kz3r0, do you wish for her to stick with her almost original name? Shall her callsign be Kz3r0?
Yes thank you.

JoKa

Cipher
You should include the other 4 human characters in the post, so they have the right names when they join. I'd like to rename Olga to Alotta Fagina, if possible, as a compensation for reminding you :smug:

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
@JoKa
They won't join unless the correct trigger fires. Olga I don't expect to turn up at all, unless I mod her to be there from the beginning. The same holds true for the twins.
Which leaves only Rita, whom I think will turn up on her own. I could include her. I just wanted all the original soldiers to be taken first. :M
I will edit my original post though, to include the extras. Then I'll see about adding them if people want to play them.

@laclongquan
I could do that, but it wouldn't work in patch 1.7, which I'm playing. :M

@Drakron
Where's the persuasive argument? :smug: Or did I write the note in too small letters?
Including myself in my own LP might be a bit too attention-whoring, but that's why I chose a non-combatant, so he wouldn't be favoured in combat. M:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom