Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play Thief: The Decline Project! (Finished!)

Lost screenshots for minor quest. Have screenshots for next, more important quests. What do?

• Skip that shit and continue the LP

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Deliver every quest, even if it means replaying the whole questline, faggot

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

Peter

Arcane
Part 1: Back in the saddle
Part 2: Housebreaking
Part 3: A pun about taxes
Part 4: Busted
Part 5: That fucking lizard
Part 6: Understanding the guild
Part 7: That fucking lizard, Pt. 2
Intermission 1: Explaining rope arrows (poorly)
Intermission 2: Mod Mission
Part 8: Meeting the man
Part 9: Are you a wizard?
Part 10: Twilight
Part 11: The Imperial Job

-11.1: The Sands of Time
-11.2: Finding The Way
-11.3: Land of the Dead
-11.4: The Ivory Tower
Part 12: My only friend, The End

===

SIw8Y.jpg

I'm so sorry.

Ugh. Been years since my last heist. Running low on cash. Feeling a bit rusty too. If I don't get back in the business now, before I've lost all of my skill, I might as well turn myself in and spend the rest of my days rotting in some jail cell. At least I've got a roof over my head guaranteed that way.

ScreenShot1.jpg

Robbing this bookstore seems like a perfect way to get back in the saddle. Low profile and I get a decent amount of gold, as well as some nice practice.

First I gotta visit an old friend, though...

ScreenShot2.jpg

ScreenShot4.jpg

ScreenShot5.jpg

ScreenShot8.jpg

Good to see that old Basso's still in the business.

After grabbing some water and rope arrows, as well as the good old Blackjack, I'm ready to hit that store.

ScreenShot9.jpg

God damn it, I'm too old for this shit.

ScreenShot11.jpg

Might as well just pay the gold.

ScreenShot12.jpg

As soon as I leave the prison, I'm greeted by this monstrosity. Just my luck, huh? She slips me a note and quickly leaves. I wonder...

ScreenShot39.jpg

Gray Fox? Huh, thought that was just an urban legend. Then again, many thought the same of me. Seems like a guy I could work with.

ScreenShot15.jpg

This must be the place.

ScreenShot17.jpg

Thieves Guild? Gold star to whoever thought it was a brilliant idea to hire thieves who've been caught in the act.

390_7731_todd_howard.jpg

ScreenShot18.jpg

:smug:

You sounding like my grandmother is a bit of a turnoff, though.

Guess it's time to talk to this Cristophe guy.

ScreenShot20.jpg

armandicon.jpg
Everyone is here. Let's begin. Each of you is seeking membership in the Thieves Guild.

ScreenShot22.jpg

armandicon.jpg
It's unusual for us to have three potential recruits at the same time. Rather than the normal test of skill, I'm going to make this a contest.

argonianicon.jpg
That's not fair!

ScreenShot25.jpg

armandicon.jpg
Whoever brings me the diary of Amantius Allectus, without killing him, will be invited into the guild.

ScreenShot27.jpg

Don't be so sure, lady. :smug:

armandicon.jpg
It's somewhere in the Imperial City. The beggars will help you locate it, for a price. I can sell you lockpicks if you need them. One more thing. You can not kill each other during the trial. We may be thieves, but we're not murderers.

Alright, let's do this. :yeah:

How convenient for a beggar to be sleeping right next to us. After giving him some coins, he promptly spills the beans.

ScreenShot31.jpg

After a bit of running, I make it to Allectus' house. Methredhel's already here. This is gonna be real close. Not to worry, though.

ScreenShot32.jpg

ScreenShot33.jpg

Bitches don't know about running while sneaking.

Now it's just a question of running back across town.

ScreenShot34.jpg

:yeah:

armandicon.jpg
You now owe your royalty to our guildmaster, the Gray Fox. He has three rules you must follow. First, never steal from another member of the guild. Second, never kill anyone on the job. This is not the Dark Brotherhood. Animals and monsters can be slain if necessary. Third, don't steal from the poor. The peasants and beggars are under the personal protection of the Gray Fox, particularly here on the Waterfront.

Sounds reasonable. Seems like I'm gonna like this Gray Fox guy. Not quite fond of having to start at the bottom of the food chain, but I guess that's my punishment for retiring for such a long time.[/b]

grotsnik

Arcane
I don't know if you've noticed, Peter, but your thread title's quite misleading.

Peter

Arcane
Part 2: Housebreaking

I've changed the title to something a bit more appropriate. A bit. Anyway, here's part two of our epic saga.

===

Alright, time to get to work.

ScreenShot46.jpg

armandicon.jpg
When you've contributed enough to the guild coffers by selling stolen items to Ognar, I might have something for you. Come back then.

Alright, no time to waste. Let's hit a house in the Temple District.

ScreenShot48.jpg

There, a nice isolated street.

ScreenShot49.jpg

Let's do this. :yeah:

ScreenShot50.jpg

OH SHI- Wait, it's not doing anything. Still, can't risk getting caught.

ScreenShot52.jpg

Sorry, Charlotte. You were never meant to get mixed up in this terrible mess. :(

ScreenShot53.jpg

Ah yes, must be something valuable in here.

ScreenShot55.jpg

:x

As soon as I head upstairs, I'm greeted by this. Nothing a whack to the head can't solve.

ScreenShot58.jpg

ScreenShot59.jpg

There's another chest at the foot of the bed.
ScreenShot60.jpg

No worries, here's another chest.
ScreenShot61.jpg

ScreenShot62.jpg

ScreenShot64.jpg

This is what you get for wasting my time, faggots.

Time to rob that guy I stole the diary from.

ScreenShot65.jpg

A locked door in his living room? Too difficult for me to pick, but there might be a key on the dude. Let's go and check!

ScreenShot66.jpg

Do women not sleep in this town?! :x

You know what, I don't even care.
ScreenShot67.jpg

ScreenShot68.jpg

Hmm, another chest.
ScreenShot69.jpg

:incline: but still :x
And the owner obviously doesn't have the key to a door in his own home. Bah, checking the basement and them I'm out of here.

ScreenShot70.jpg

ScreenShot71.jpg

What's this? Some sort of shrine, possibly? Huh, maybe there's a reason we had to steal this guy's diary.
ScreenShot72.jpg

Maybe we shall find an answer beyond this hatch.

ScreenShot73.jpg

I guess not.

Well, this has been a spectacular waste of time. Let's head out.
ScreenShot75.jpg

Just in time too.

Whatever, let's just head to Bruma. Bruma lies far to the North, so it shall be a long and perilous journey. I best prepare carefully.
ScreenShot76.jpg

ScreenShot77.jpg

ScreenShot78.jpg

The blandness is killing me.

Time to pay Ongar a visit. He lives in one of the shacks behind the chapel.
ScreenShot79.jpg

I'm almost tempted to rob the guy blind, but I remember the Thieves Guild rules. Anyway, I'm supposed to sell 50 gold worth of stolen stuff, so let's wake the bum up.

[Perception]
ScreenShot80.jpg

[/Perception]

ScreenShot81.jpg

FUCKING :x

Time to hit one of the local stores.
ScreenShot82.jpg

ScreenShot83.jpg

Note to self: only rob stores.

After grabbing a few weapons, I head to the inn to sell them to Ognar, the good for nothing drunk, but not before overhearing this conversation.
ScreenShot84.jpg

ScreenShot85.jpg

ScreenShot86.jpg

:salute:

After selling the last of the stolen goods, it's back to the Imperial City to meet Cristophe.

Finding him in his home, I inquire about my first real Thieves Guild assignment.
ScreenShot87.jpg

I don't see how meeting in a public place, with a well lit torch in hand is more discrete than in one's home, but will do. :salute:

lightbane

Arcane
:decline: I think we had more than enough lps of this abomination. Still, you could do one for Arcania, if you have the guts...

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Can anyone explain me, what the fuck is this? I saw blackjacks and gas arrows for sale, is this some mod for Oblivian or something?

Peter

Arcane
Part 3: A pun about taxes

lightbane said:
:decline: I think we had more than enough lps of this abomination. Still, you could do one for Arcania, if you have the guts...

None of the Thieves Guild, though, as far as I know. Plus, a bunch of the LPs have broken images nowadays.

Admiral jimbob said:
Are you at least going to play some mod quests or something? Apparently there were a couple of good thief-based ones, fucked if I'm trying them myself though.

The Thieves Arsenal mod adds randomly generated ones where you have to get something out of a dungeon without killing anything (should I show these quests?), but, other than that, I've had no luck in finding thief mods. There are a bunch of assassin ones, but that isn't what this LP is about.

Fowyr said:
Can anyone explain me, what the fuck is this? I saw blackjacks and gas arrows for sale, is this some mod for Oblivian or something?

Thieves Arsenal mod.

With that out of the way, on to Part 3 of our LP of GTA: Derpy Shadows. This is gonna be a short one, but I want each part to be a single quest to keep the LP somewhat organized. You can probably expect part 4 (and maybe even 5) today.

===

ScreenShot88.jpg

Oh yeah, that's A LOT less discrete than meeting in your home.

ScreenShot91.jpg

armandicon.jpg
Hieronymus Lex actually collected taxes from everyone living here on the Waterfront! Your job is to recover those taxes. Are you up for it?

Hieronymus who?

armandicon.jpg
He is a fool of a Captain in the Imperial Watch. He's a real law and order type. He has a grudge against the Thieves Guild and the Gray Fox in particular. Lex has made it his personal mission to capture him.

Captain of the Watch, a law and order type? Grudge against the Thieves Guild? Wait a minute...
[Intelligence]So he's a law and order type?

armandicon.jpg
Wow, you're smarter than you look.

:smug:

armandicon.jpg
The Gray Fox has led our guild for over 300 years now. He has always guaranteed protection to the poor of the Waterfront.

Not too fond of the altruism, but fine, I'll do it. Sounds like a nice little challenge.

ScreenShot98.jpg

Let's consult our conveniently placed hobo.
ScreenShot99.jpg

The South Watch Tower is, again, in the Temple District.
ScreenShot100.jpg

Imagine my surprise when I'm greeted to a room full of Imperial Guards.
ScreenShot101.jpg

Turns out that these guys sleep during the day. When I come back midday, getting up the tower is a cakewalk.

ScreenShot102.jpg

Now I just gotta unlock this ladder and...
ScreenShot103.jpg

... here we are.

ScreenShot104.jpg

And here are the tax records. Wow, all this commotion for such a measly sum.

Now we just gotta return to Armand.
ScreenShot105.jpg

ScreenShot106.jpg

50 gold? For me? Oh, joy.
ScreenShot107.jpg

:yeah:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom