Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Alpha Protocol Forever is Gold

Jason

chasing a bee
Tags: Alpha Protocol; Obsidian Entertainment

<b><a href="http://www.sega.com/alphaprotocol/us/main.php" target="blank">Alpha Protocol's</a></b> final mysterious year of limbo/polishing is over as it's now officially gold.
<br>
<blockquote>Sega is very pleased to announce today that Obsidians's espionage RPG "Alpha Protocol" has gone gold and is headed off to manufacturing. Alpha Protocol is scheduled for release on June 1 in North America and in Europe on May 28 for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.
<br>
<br>
Alpha Protocol unites role-playing, stealth, and action gameplay into a single experience that captures what it feels like to operate as a modern day spy. With production values on par with a blockbuster action movie, the consequences of the player's actions in the high stakes underworld of arms dealing can be explosive. Perhaps unleashing on suspected terrorists with the Pentagon's latest weaponry is the best move... or maybe just stay in the shadows and stay cryptic in your interactions. There isn't a single correct approach.
<br>
<br>
Alpha Protocol ups the stakes in the RPG genre with the integration of the innovative Dynamic Stance System (DSS), dialogue tech that allows the player to pick a ‘stance’ instead of a direct answer. Players need to think on their feet, because in Alpha Protocol a key weapon IS choice – and every decision not only shapes your relationships with in-game characters, but it changes the entire world around you.</blockquote>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.gamershell.com/companies/sega/719668.html">Gamer's Hell</A>

denizsi

Arcane
Damn it's May already. Somehow, I feel stuck back in February.

Anyway, shame if the latest videos were from the final release. Combat animations were terribad. Not that combat itself wasn't.

On another note, Seeing "Forever" in the title brought back memories. I wish Obsidian and the lead guys at Monolith joined forces to make a light humour spy RPG in vein of NOLF series instead of this uptight SRIOUS BZNESS choose your own adventure.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is it streamlined? Are there less than three attributes? Otherwise I'm not playing it.

Chaud

Novice
Arem said:

bur6.jpg

KalosKagathos

Learned
denizsi said:
On another note, Seeing "Forever" in the title brought back memories. I wish Obsidian and the lead guys at Monolith joined forces to make a light humour spy RPG in vein of NOLF series instead of this uptight SRIOUS BZNESS choose your own adventure.
Since when flamboyantly dressed Russian mobsters obsessed with the 80s music are SRIOUS BZNESS?

denizsi

Arcane
KalosKagathos said:
denizsi said:
Since when flamboyantly dressed Russian mobsters obsessed with the 80s music are SRIOUS BZNESS?

Ever since they were taking themselves seriously. It's typical B-movie grade bad. Now compare that to Austin Powers.

KalosKagathos

Learned
denizsi said:
Ever since they were taking themselves seriously. It's typical B-movie grade bad. Now compare that to Austin Powers.
Now where would you get the idea that the game takes Brayko seriously?
Jaime Lannister said:
i didn't know you had a console :?
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/sega- ... otocol-drm
SEGA added that in around 18 to 24 months after release, Alpha Protocol on PC will be patched to work without "license management".

"We can't be specific about the exact date due to business factors, but rest assured that we will provide an unprotected patch, as we did for Football Manager 2009," the blog stated.
Drog probably didn't know that and was just being Drog, though.

KalosKagathos said:
denizsi said:
Now where would you get the idea that the game takes Brayko seriously?
Jaime Lannister said:
i didn't know you had a console :?
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/sega- ... otocol-drm
SEGA added that in around 18 to 24 months after release, Alpha Protocol on PC will be patched to work without "license management".

"We can't be specific about the exact date due to business factors, but rest assured that we will provide an unprotected patch, as we did for Football Manager 2009," the blog stated.
Drog probably didn't know that and was just being Drog, though.

Wow, you know that's actually the first DRM since the days of entering words from manuals that I actually think is totally fair. You can 'rent' the game with all the restrictions of DRM if you are an obsessive 'must-have-it-now' kiddie, or you can get a genuine non-DRM complete ownership by waiting a couple of years (which is when I usually get my games anyway). So long as the delayed game is priced approrpriately (i.e. bargain bin), that seems like a decent compromise. The publishers get to make money off the morons who 'just MUST have the latest tech' who think that 18 month old tech is so horribly old-school to be unplayable, whereas the rest of us get games that aren't polluted by DRM.

:incline:

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Azrael the cat said:
The publishers get to make money off the morons who 'just MUST have the latest tech' who think that 18 month old tech is so horribly old-school to be unplayable, whereas the rest of us get games that aren't polluted by DRM.

I pity you and your outdated tech.

Heh, finally a DRM scheme that doesn't make me cringe. I'd still be fucked by it if I just felt like playing the game now instead of waiting, though. Sometimes I want to play a new game because it interests me, not because I'm addicted to new things.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I'll wait for the "demo," but I'll buy it if it's any good.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom