Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview David Gaider Interview

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: BioWare; David Gaider

The tireless work - when it comes to spreading the word about the pristine awesomeness of Dragon Age - of the Grey Wardens over at greywardens.com finally payed off. They scored an <a href="http://greywardens.com/2010/04/exclusive-interview-with-biowares-david-gaider-part-1/">interview</a> with Dave Gaider - the lore keeper of the Dragon Age universe - himself.
<br>
<br>
<p style="margin-left:50px;border-style:solid;border-width:1px;border-top-color:#ffffff;padding:5px;border-right-color:#bbbbbb;border-left-color:#ffffff;border-bottom-color:#bbbbbb;">As for what it’s like to work for BioWare, it’s interesting. In some ways it’s like any other job – there are days you want to do a faceplant on your desk or just go home, pull the covers over your head and never come out again. There are days you hate everyone you work with, and are tempted to light the place on fire because that’s really the only way the unclean spirits will ever be driven out. Then there are days when you turn to the others sharing your office and have an amusing chat about the more disturbing aspects of Sailor Moon, and they’re right there with you – not a single beat where they stare at you in bewilderment like you just stepped off the last flight from Mars – and you realize that nobody else gets to do this sort of thing at work. There are also days when you get to write the most amazing quest and somehow it all comes together and nothing is cut, and you discover that everyone you work with is trying just as hard as you are to make it perfect – not because it’s their job, but because they love games as much as you do. Those are the days when you realize you have the best job in the world.
<br>
</p>
<br>
<br>
Light the place on fire? You sound a bit angry Dave. You should consider to announce a Sprechverbot at work, which basically means that no one is allowed to talk to you unless he's addressed first. Works very well for me. Another possibility would be to have everyone address you with *Your Highness* or *Grandmaster*.
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/97431-david-gaider-interview-part-one.html">GB</A>

SerratedBiz

Arcane
There are days you hate everyone you work with, and are tempted to light the place on fire because that’s really the only way the unclean spirits will ever be driven out.

So, underneath all that hair, a piece of his soul still remains, screaming in agony.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
So I came in for the interview. In the end, despite how interesting it sounded, I declined the job offer – I was working as a hotel manager at the time and the starting wage for a game writer was a little low. Interesting or not, the entire organization seemed a little fly-by-night, like it could just up and vanish at any moment. So the following Monday I went back to work and discovered my boss, the district manager, had unexpectedly flown in – which was odd. He informed me that the management company had been bought out and they were bringing in their own managers to run the hotels. I was let go, given severance and walked off the property

So a hotel manager is doing writing for Bioware...

Self-Ejected

ScottishMartialArts

Self-Ejected
Raghar said:
So I came in for the interview. In the end, despite how interesting it sounded, I declined the job offer – I was working as a hotel manager at the time and the starting wage for a game writer was a little low. Interesting or not, the entire organization seemed a little fly-by-night, like it could just up and vanish at any moment. So the following Monday I went back to work and discovered my boss, the district manager, had unexpectedly flown in – which was odd. He informed me that the management company had been bought out and they were bringing in their own managers to run the hotels. I was let go, given severance and walked off the property

It would explain a few things.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Then there are days when you turn to the others sharing your office and have an amusing chat about the more disturbing aspects of Sailor Moon, and they’re right there with you – not a single beat where they stare at you in bewilderment like you just stepped off the last flight from Mars –
The key to understanding Bioware.

denizsi

Arcane
ScottishMartialArts said:
Raghar said:

It would explain a few things.

That hotel managers like to save the world?*

denizsi

Arcane
I think he heard the dirty talk and the starkness of how dirty real people can become made him sick, so that's why Bio romances feel so sickeningly forced, cheesy and teeny as a means of escapism. And honestly, he always gave me the impression of one of those premature grown ups, forever stuck in their teenager years in emotional and mental facilities and accordingly have a fixation on experiencing the wasted years of teenager period the way it was supposed to be, fantasized to be. A neverending cycle of peer-approved coming of age epic with all the cool and edginess every aspiring teenager dreamed of having (eg. nearly every hollywood movie ever made).

Micmu

Magister
Clockwork Knight said:
He probably used to hear the guests' dirty talk through the walls, and now turns it into hot romances for Bio games.
He's probably that sort of a guy who puts hidden cameras in bathrooms.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom