Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info First Aliens RPG Leaked Footage

Jason

chasing a bee
Tags: Obsidian Entertainment

The power of the Internet compelled someone to release the first gameplay footage of Obsidian's cancelled <b><a href="http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=33972&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0">Aliens RPG</a></b> on Youtube, which was promptly pulled "due to a copyright claim by SEGA of America". Sega's ninja lawyers proved to have limited reach, however, as the 1 minute 45 second video can still be found <a href="http://www.xfire.com/video/1e1931/" target="blank">here</a> and <a href="http://shogungamer.com/news/footage-obsidians-aliens-rpg" target="blank">here</a>. Stay tuned for the leaked tech demo that should be hitting the web about four years from now.
<br>
<br>
<i>Thanks to VD and Begriffenfeldt for the links</i>
<br>
<br>

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
On one hand it looks horribly unpolished and unfinished but the promise is there. Awesome interior artwork which really fits within the alien universe and those dark hallways look scary as fuck. Too bad they pulled it but it does look like they would have needed to do a hell of a lot of work on it to make it any good.

Murk

Arcane
I'm really sick of this over-the-shoulder shit. Looks like it might have been a good shooter... heh.

fastpunk

Arbiter
Matt Rorie posted on the Obsidian forums that "this is from an extremely early pre-production build." So there's little I can complain about in terms of graphics, animation, sound, U.I. etc. The concept seems solid, kind of like a squad-based Dead Space, but with a few extra RPG elements. Could have been interesting.

DarkUnderlord said:
Is that Mass Effect 2?

You're not as funny as you think you are.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Mikayel said:
I'm really sick of this over-the-shoulder shit. Looks like it might have been a good shooter... heh.
The shooting mechanics look pretty bad tbh.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
First time I actually see/read about Aliens RPG. I don't see what the fuss was about it being canceled, looks meh. Alien movie fanboys?

BlitzKitchen said:
fastpunk said:
DarkUnderlord said:
Is that Mass Effect 2?

I've detected something but I can't quite figure it out I need kingcomrade's assistance

officer63.jpg

Murk

Arcane
Dicksmoker said:

too early of a build to judge that by, there wasn't even any feedback from the gun on the character while shooting. But the point was that it didn't look like an RPG at all.

Bluebottle

Erudite
Patron
Dead State Wasteland 2
Mikayel said:
Dicksmoker said:

too early of a build to judge that by, there wasn't even any feedback from the gun on the character while shooting. But the point was that it didn't look like an RPG at all.

Nor would Bloodlines had you you sliced 30 seconds of footage from many of its areas. It's pretty much impossible to tell anything about its potential as an RPG, from that.

Bluebottle

Erudite
Patron
Dead State Wasteland 2
Serus said:
Good Ol' Drog said:
Looks like yet another shitty consoletard FPS/RPG hybrid. Good riddance.
Agreed.

Yeah, me too.

The dialogue on display looked like it was written by an eight year old, the characters were as cliché ridden as any Bioware ones, and the choices, though there, were obviously just cosmetic.
BAWBAWBAW

fastpunk

Arbiter
BlitzKitchen said:
fastpunk said:
DarkUnderlord said:
Is that Mass Effect 2?

I've detected something but I can't quite figure it out I need kingcomrade's assistance

On the other hand, this is mildly funny. There's just something about implying/saying/shouting 'butthurt detected' that makes me chuckle.

Morkar Left

3rd Person over the shoulder is really bad for a shooter. Even a rpg-shooter. Besides that, it looks good and it´s sad it got canceled.

MapMan

Arcane
They always say its pre production alfa sigma build from atleast 10 years ago.

DiverNB

Liturgist
Yeah what shit RPG, I can see the whole game would have been shit from that 1:45 clip.

Mortmal

Arcane
Sounds really like mass effect, but we have not seen much. Looks another shooter survival horror game with as much rpg in it than water in my whisky. i would have buy it still its unpolished and look a bit bland but the the very last seconds of the video show potential.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom