Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

A Merry Christmas to Arcanum fans

Good Ol' Drog

Educated
Unofficial Arcanum Patch v091225 is out!

Quite surprisingly even after I left the community with a bang, my works still remained popular and widely used, so I thought I might as well compile and release what I had done on the UAP since almost exactly a year ago.

This is definitely not what I wanted the patch to be, but rather what it had eventually become. I haven't worked on it in at least a half a year. I lost interest in both patching and the actual game as well. I guess, everyone eventually moves on, and so did I.

Anyway, this is still a substantial release. The patch may be unfinished in a sense that I still have a few pages of unsolved bug reports, but this version has many bug fixes, including a number of engine fixes/tweaks. It even fixes a few very annoying critical bugs (e.g. Virgil not dying at the Sobbing Onion). The full changelogs are included with the patch.

Understandably, in the end this is still an unsupported work that is no longer maintained. I take zero responsibility for what this patch does. Use it at your own risk.

Also, before some shitty troll says it, this release isn't an attempt at attention whoring and/or getting back into the community. I'm still around, but I don't think I'll be posting much, if at all. Moreover, my site is now torn down and my hotmail account is disabled. Please accept this release as a present that it is and don't try to get back at me with whatever agenda you may have.

DOWNLOAD:

(Somebody should really mirror this before the free hosting links die.)

Mirror 1
Mirror 2

Reject_666_6

Arcane
Thank you, Drog! Your hard work of patching this flawed gem into a working game will not be forgotten.

It's too bad that you're giving up on patching Arcanum, but it's a really replayable game so maybe in 5 years or so you'll rediscover it. Either that or we'll all abandon it for Age of Decadence.

ElectricOtter

Thank you, Drog. You've honored the RPGcodex with your mods :salute:

dx__

Educated
Funny that I was just wondering about this. Are there patch notes with the executable, or is everything undocumented?

Jaqen

Novice
Thanks very much Drog and merry christmas! :)

I recently started my first proper play-through of Arcanum, is it going to be best to leave installing this patch until my next play as I don't want to corrupt my install. Or is it safe to install over the top?

Kind regards,

It's meant to be installed once the game and the official patch is installed, save games are not supported however.

Jaqen

Novice
Satori said:
It's meant to be installed once the game and the official patch is installed, save games are not supported however.

Yes but what I meant was I've already done a full install with hi-res maps/res and music and the most recent UAP up until a couple of weeks ago. If save games are not supported I leave installing it until my next play.

Thanks,

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Thanks, Drog! Started replaying Arcanum recently so this comes at a good time. :D

EDIT: I'm gonna add the link to this thread into the original post of your sticky patch thread.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Many thanks and many wishes for a Merry Christmas and Happy new year.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Thanks. But if I were you, I'd have stuck a virus in it or activated a game stopping bug near the end.

Edit: wait a minute ...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom