Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Watch me play a shitty game (Fallout 3) (COMPLETED!!)

DriacKin

Arbiter
Let's Play Fallout 3 Table of Contents:
Part 01 - Million Dollar Baby
Part 02 - House Party
Part 03 - Silence of the GOATs
Part 04 - The Great Escape
Part 05 - The Searchers
Part 06 - One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
Part 07 - How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb
Part 08 - There Will Be Blood
Part 09 - Nosferatu
Part 10 - King Kong
Part 11 - Titanic
Part 12 - Alice In Wonderland
Part 13 - The Conversation
Part 14 - Pan's Labyrinth
Part 15 - Some Like It Hot
Part 16 - No Country For Old Men
Part 17 - Training Day
Part 18 - Finding Neverland
Part 19 - Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Part 20 - A Space Odyssey
Part 21 - Iron Man
Part 22 - Apocalyse Now

Part 1 - Million Dollar Baby

001-menu_screen.jpg

[Intelligence] We must click the new button to start a new game.

002-beth_logo.jpg

[Intelligence] Bethesda is not Black Isle.

003-game_logo.jpg

004-phallic_tower.jpg

What’s with the big phallic tower in the distance?

RonPerlmanSmall.jpg
War. War Never Changes

RonPerlmanSmall.jpg
Big war 200 years ago. Lots of nuclear explosions. Lots of people died.

RonPerlmanSmall.jpg
Some people survived. A bunch of guys hid in underground vaults.

005-valut101.jpg

RonPerlmanSmall.jpg
You were born in Vault 101.

RonPerlmanSmall.jpg
War. War Never Changes.

006-bloom.jpg

The game shifts over to this scene. I don’t think there’s enough bloom in this scene. It needs moar bloom. If there was moar bloom, I might be able to tell what’s going on.

007-birth.jpg

Fact: Our main character just popped out of our mom’s vagina.

008-pick_gender.jpg

The game asks us to pick our character’s gender.
Naturally, we pick “boy”. Girls are for pussies and WE AIN’T NO PUSSY.
Note: This decision has no impact whatsoever on the rest of the game.

Also, why isn’t there an option to play as a confused emo tranny?

009-pick_name.jpg

We need a name. Our first name is VD (I couldn’t fit Vault Dweller. It only gave me 16 spaces.)

Our daddy is Liam Neeson. Therefore, our last name is also Neeson.
Duh.

010-what_will_you_look_like.jpg

Who actually invents this shit? They actually paid someone to make a machine that does nothing but predict what you look like 20 years from now?

011-gene_projection.jpg

Not only does the “Gene Projection” machine predict your facial features. It also predicts your hairstyle and facial hair.

012-what_is_future.jpg

Will we be a peaceful citizen or a mass murderer?

013_mommy_dies.jpg

Well, I suppose this answers that question. We’ve been alive less than 5 minutes, and we’ve already commit our first murder.

014-one_year_later.jpg

[Intelligence] The next part of the game takes place ONE YEAR LATER.

015-stay_in_pen.jpg

Daddy Neeson tells us to stay in our pen. Our character is EXTREME, so we decide to break out.

016-closed_door.jpg

Aren’t these things supposed to be secure? Why isn’t there some locking mechanism? Why the hell is this gate so easy for a 1 year old to escape?

017-open_door.jpg

Seriously. All I had to do was push the door open. No lock or anything. Daddy Neeson should sue the guys who made this crap (Bethesda).

018-game_crash.jpg

Fact: My game crashed at this point and I had to redo all the crap before this.

019-stupid_book.jpg

We find this book on the ground.
[Intelligence] This book lets us pick our character’s stats.

020-my_attributes.jpg

[Intelligence] Intelligence is the only attribute that’s actually useful, since it gives us more skill points every level. (Plus, it gives us a bunch of additional lulzy dialogue options).
Charisma isn’t really that useful, but I put a few points into it anyway, because it also gives us some additional dialogue options.

021-daddys_angry.jpg

Anyway, Daddy Neeson is back and he’s ANGRY. He’s going to beat and sexually molest us for not listening to him.

LiamNeesonSmall.jpg
But first, come over here. I want to show you something.

022-favorite_passage.jpg

The numbers 21:6 clearly won’t result in a contrived puzzle near the end of the game. Definitely not. :roll:

023-alpha_and_omega.jpg

Have you ever met someone who had a “favorite passage from the Bible”?

024-nine_years_later.jpg

[Intelligence] I stopped playing at this point, and will probably resume at some point in the future…

This is my very first Lets Play thread. I’m probably going to abandon it midway just like 90% of the other LP threads… but hopefully, this will give us all some lulz before that happens.

Anyway, this is the first time I’ve touched Fallout 3 since last November when it first came out. Back then, there weren’t really any mods around, and I haven’t kept up with the mod community. That being said, which mods (if any) do you guys recommend using for this LP.

EDIT: The images are now quite a bit smaller.

ElectricOtter

Really, all that's to be said is FUCK YEAH

I wish ya luck. Hopefully you can take it to the end.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Heheh, lowering it to 800x600 reso would be nice.

Nedrah

Erudite
I like your use of the error message from hell. Bonus points if you can make it Bluescreen so hard that you actually need to reinstall your graphic card's driver in order to be able to boot into windows again. Fun times.

Anyways, please continue - needs more arbitary talking heads, though.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
ElectricOtter said:

It shouldn't be too hard as long he doesn't get distracted by side quests too much. It's longer than Mass Effect, that's for sure.

DriacKin

Arbiter
RK47 said:
ElectricOtter said:

It shouldn't be too hard as long he doesn't get distracted by side quests too much. It's longer than Mass Effect, that's for sure.

I'm planning on doing at least a few of the side quests. I'll definitely do the blow up/save Megaton quest.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Re: Watch me play a shitty game

Playing modfree? If so, courageous.

DriacKin said:

Sure, many times. Thing is, they're usually inspirational passages from Jesus' Sermon on the Mount, or stuff like that, not completely irrelevant quotes from the Book of Revelation that mean absolutely nothing out of context.

Seboss

Liturgist
Wasn't your father supposed to look like your character (beyond obvious skin color), or was it just another load of crap from Bethesda?

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Re: Watch me play a shitty game

DriacKin said:

Discounting all the "Ezekiel 25:17" quoting motherfuckers, then no.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Seboss said:
Wasn't your father supposed to look like your character (beyond obvious skin color), or was it just another load of crap from Bethesda?

No, his face changes depending on how you modelled your face. And it does, but it's pretty subtle. Which is good, it'd be friggin' weird if your father looked EXACTLY like you.

DriacKin

Arbiter
Part 2 – House Party

025.jpg

PARTY!!

026.jpg

This is the most special day EVAR!!
Meet the Overseer. He sees over stuff at the Vault.

OverseerSmall.jpg
Here in Vault 101, when you turn 10, you’re ready to take on your first official Vault responsibilities.

027.jpg

He gives us our very own amazing, spectacular, fantastic, orgasmic, fancy wrist-band watch thingy!!!
FACT: We access the game’s menus and GUI using the Pip-Boy 30000000.

028.jpg

OverseerSmall.jpg
:ManiacalLaughter:

Anyway, this is a party. So, lets meet people:
029.jpg

Meet Amata, our incredibly ugly best friend. She also happens to be the Overseer’s daughter.

030.jpg

She gives us some old comic book as our birthday present. Reading it adds 1 point to your “Melee Weapons” skill.
FACT: Reading comic books make you a better fighter.

Anyway, MOAR BIRTHDAY PRESENTS:
031.jpg

Poem!!

032.jpg

Baseball Cap!!

033.jpg

Sweetroll!!

034.jpg

Meet Butch, the incredibly ugly stereotypical bully.

035.jpg

We don’t give him our sweetroll because WE AIN’T NO PUSSY.
Making fun of him mommy makes him mad.

036.jpg

Butch attacks us. The game doesn’t let us punch back. :(
Anyway, he only gets off 2-3 punches before the security officer stops him.

Our friends console us after the traumatizing fight:
037.jpg

I don’t get it.

038.jpg

BULLSHIT. Butch is the MOST EVILEST PERSON EVAR.

039.jpg

MOAR PRESENTS!!

LiamNeesonSmall.jpg
Are you ready for your surprise?

MainCharacterSmall.jpg
WANT PRESENTS!!

LiamNeesonSmall.jpg
I figure you’re old enough for this. Your very own BB gun!

MainCharacterSmall.jpg
GUN!!

FACT: 10 years olds are old enough to own guns.

LiamNeesonSmall.jpg
Jonas found it down here.

MainCharacterSmall.jpg
GUN!!

LiamNeesonSmall.jpg
It was in pretty rough shape – took us 3 months to get it working again. You know how tough it is to find a spring that small?

MainCharacterSmall.jpg
GUN!!

LiamNeesonSmall.jpg
Want to give it a try?

MainCharacterSmall.jpg
GUN!!

040.jpg

Combat Tutorial!!

We have to shoot the targets and kill the Radroach. There’s a barrier between us and the Radroach, so he can’t attack us back. In order to hit the targets, we put the crosshair on the targets and click the left mouse button.
FACT: We have to kill the roach in order to proceed with the game. Fallout 3 cannot be completed without lethal force. :(

But instead of shooting the giant insect, we…

041.jpg

…shoot our dad in the head instead. He doesn’t protest, resist, or take our gun away. He doesn’t even look in our direction. He just stands there while we pelt him in the head with BBs.

042.jpg

FACT: You can’t kill your dad. If you hit him enough times (it took me about 20 rounds to the head), he’ll just fall down and go “unconscious”. He’ll just get back up after 20 seconds or so…
Lame. :(

043.jpg

You start off with 50 rounds of ammo. If you run out of ammo, Daddy Neeson’ll just give you 25 more rounds.
FACT: Daddy Neeson has infinite BB-gun ammo.

In fact, you can just shoot dad in the head a bunch of times, ask him for more ammo, shoot dad in the head a bunch of times, ask him for more ammo, shoot dad in the hea…

044.jpg

Back to the roach.
You can shoot him normally or switch to the super awesome invincible mode (VATS) by pressing ‘V’. Here, you can target individual body parts, even though we never will. There’s no reason to ever target any body part other than the enemy’s head. Each VATS action takes up some AP, and you can only pull off about 2-3 VATS attacks before running out of AP. Our AP regenerates slowly over time.

045.jpg

When you shoot something with VATS, you also get a SUPER AWESOME unskippable slo-mo video of shooting the enemy.

The defenseless roach took 3 rounds to the head to kill.
Thus ends our combat tutorial.

046.jpg

He’s lying. I’m fairly certain this is the only point in the game we can come down here.

047.jpg

BB guns are for pussies… and WE AIN’T NO PUSSY.

048.jpg

If they wanted to keep this thing a secret, why didn’t they just give us a concealable weapon like a pistol or something? How exactly do we conceal a rifle, and still come down here to shoot anytime we want?
Daddy Neeson is not very [Intelligent].

050.jpg

Also, are there any mods that would enhance this LP? Right now, I'm just playing a vanilla install.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Re: Part 2 – PARTY TIME!!

DriacKin said:
Also, are there any mods that would enhance this LP? Right now, I'm just playing a vanilla install.

Uhm, duh?

Anyway, combining FOOK, FWE (or XFO) and MMM makes for a pretty different, and more challenging, experience. Combine as per instructions in FOIP. MMM adds new enemies too, like Wanamingos. Dunno about other mods that add shit to enhance the LP, other than all the hot ladiez mods above.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Got a point there.

Still, I'd like to see Bethesda's stupidity unaltered, since I just can't play this piece of shit myself.

DriacKin

Arbiter
entertainer said:
Why are you doing this?

I'm mostly doing this LP to hopefully get some lulz out of the bad dialogue and silly situations.

Brother None said:
FeelTheRads said:
No mods, plz. I assume it's funnier without them.

I'm sorry?

Dimonized-1.jpg

How will this not improve the LP?

I don't know. This kind of stuff is kind of funny the first time you see it... but it loses it's lulzy value fairly quickly.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom