Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Fable 2 comes to PC

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Tags: Fable 2

Peter Molyneux, master of exaggerated hype and retarded... sorry, "revolutionary" features announced that Fable 2 is coming to PC after saying "There will not be a PC version" for the last few months. Oh what a surprise. It will also have some bonus content, similar to how the orginal Fable's PC version had some additional content, too.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>"Fable 2 kommt für PC", sagt Peter Molyneux, "und es wird großartig." In einem exklusiven Telefon-Interview am gestrigen Dienstag plauderte Molyneux gewohnt euphorisch über die PC-Version von Fable 2, winkte fleißig mit dem verbalen Zaunpfahl und kommentierte das Gebrutzel aus der Gerüchteküche.</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
For those who do not know German, basically he announced the PC version and said that it's going to be awesome. He also says that the game will feature an additional questline that will take more than 10 hours to complete, the DLC for the X-Box version will be included and it will be worth buying even for those who have played it on the X-Box already. Which basically means he's trying to sell the same game twice [DarkUnderlord]just like a certain bunch of diry poles, durr hurr[/DarkUnderlord].
<br>
<br>
If you know German, read the full article <A HREF="http://www.pcgames.de/aid,680455/Fable-2-PC-Version-bestaetigt-Zusatzinhalte-geplant/PC/News/">here.</A> If you don't, well, bad luck.
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.pcgames.de/">PCgames.de</A>

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Awesome, another expanded and improved fable. The reason I didn't buy it on the Xbox is because I pretty much anticipated this.

One wonders how smart it is from a bussines POV to release an improved version on another platform. At one point I wouldn't be surprised if people would stop buying a game because they anticipate a much improved and expanded version in the future.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Don't overestimate the masses of XBOX morons. They'll take all the shit you have to give and then lick your ass clean.

JarlFrank said:
If you know German, read the full article <A HREF="http://www.pcgames.de/aid,680455/Fable-2-PC-Version-bestaetigt-Zusatzinhalte-geplant/PC/News/">here.</A> If you don't, well, bad luck.

Or, you know, <a href="http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_url?doit=done&tt=url&intl=1&fr=bf-home&trurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pcgames.de%2Faid%2C680455%2FFable-2-PC-Version-bestaetigt-Zusatzinhalte-geplant%2FPC%2FNews%2F&lp=de_en&btnTrUrl=Translate">use babelfish</a>.

Erzherzog

Magister
Occasionally Fatal said:
JarlFrank said:

Or, you know, <a href="http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_url?doit=done&tt=url&intl=1&fr=bf-home&trurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pcgames.de%2Faid%2C680455%2FFable-2-PC-Version-bestaetigt-Zusatzinhalte-geplant%2FPC%2FNews%2F&lp=de_en&btnTrUrl=Translate">use babelfish</a>.

..which gives us gems such as...

signed industriously with the verbal fence stake and commentated the Gebrutzel from the rumor-mongers

and

around with an as far as possible final product in the advertising and press phase coat-go

Dionysus

Scholar
Trash said:
Awesome, another expanded and improved fable. The reason I didn't buy it on the Xbox is because I pretty much anticipated this.

One wonders how smart it is from a bussines POV to release an improved version on another platform. At one point I wouldn't be surprised if people would stop buying a game because they anticipate a much improved and expanded version in the future.
No, it's on a different platform, and many gamers are too myopic to do that anyway. Some devs even do this regularly on a single platform (e.g., Capcom).

Anyway, I'll pick this up when it hits the bargain bin. It should be good for a few hours of fun.

Turok

Erudite
Fable 1 was really a bad game, i guess this one have been upgraded to offer the same bad gameplay but X2.

Araanor

Liturgist
Wolfenstein1942 said:
..which gives us gems such as...

signed industriously with the verbal fence stake and commentated the Gebrutzel from the rumor-mongers

and

around with an as far as possible final product in the advertising and press phase coat-go

Makes more sense than marketing-speak.

bhlaab

Erudite
Trash said:

Man, I'll bet there were dozens of losers lined up to buy Sonic and the Dark Knight at midnight launch, this is an industry where the consumer base values sooner rather than better by far.

That's why they stagger releases out for PC anyway. If they released the PC version of Fable on the same day with its capabilities for higher resolutions, it would make the Xbox version look bad. So they wait a bit, and then throw in some extra content when they finally get around to a PC release so nobody has sour grapes over having to wait. If they're lucky some rubes will actually buy the same game twice just to get the tacked-on extras.

Is Fable 2 really a PC-marketable game? Its appeal was as an unashamadely console-style action-adventure with some RPG elements, that didn't pretend (ala FO3) to be a hardcore, or even a medium-core, rpg. I just can't see that being a big selling point to even the current dumbed-down PC market.

VonVentrue

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Rohit_N said:
Eh, the article was written on April 1st. I'll wait to see if this is true.

This.
If I were Jarl, I would have at least checked the date.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
That picture is part of the article, it "shows" the PC Games guys in the phone-conference with Molyneux.

molyneuxfinal021.jpg

Oh, Jarl.... ;)

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
AH! OOH! FABLE ZWEI!

WTF :roll:

... seriously, is anyone at the codex actually playing these games?

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm actually looking forward to it. I liked Fable. It was a fun game. Not deep or anything. But fun.

EDIT:
To all the guys who say "lulz article is from april 1st lulz", well, here's a second article claiming a PC version is coming, and it wasn't written on April 1st.

Some people in the comments also say that they heard stuff about a PC-version coming somewhen in 2009.
And why should it be wrong? A PC-port isn't that hard to make and it will most likey sell enough copies to be a good investment. Just like it was with Fable 1.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
I enjoyed the original, i'll prolly enjoy this. I remember reading the 360 version had a shit load of technical issues, maybe not as bad as mass effect though.

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
Played this on the 360. It's a fun lite RPG, but you're gonna have to be capable of tolerating a super casual game to enjoy it.

Azrael the cat said:
Is Fable 2 really a PC-marketable game? Its appeal was as an unashamadely console-style action-adventure with some RPG elements, that didn't pretend (ala FO3) to be a hardcore, or even a medium-core, rpg. I just can't see that being a big selling point to even the current dumbed-down PC market.

I suppose those who don't follow gaming news much will just think Molyneux = Bullfrog = good. Or maybe they liked original Fable.

Turok

Erudite
Now i know why the Xbox 360 controls work with any pc...

Think about it, most developert get the money making the game for a console and later do a little invest for make a port to pc that add more money to their gold pots (the ones in the end of the rainbow).

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
You'd think most of the major gaming news sites would've had this little piece of info up long ago if it was real.

Then again, Germans are notoriously shady, so maybe these guys broke the news before Molly-new wanted it out.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom